Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Well tlc, i dont know who that Woman ?? was in the Apron, ????? never saw her before i swear :laugh: other than the She man belching and Scratching :laugh: , it was a pretty good day wasnt it ....apart from the BBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :D :cheer::cheer:

So where did JJ get too ???

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tanya, Im thinking tomorow might be a bit hot for my liking. We did have a nice time today and also got to say hi to Jess again which was a bonus. Also met Theresa (GSDs) Rural pug, (Sorry can't remember your name) and a few others from DOL.

Tenties are you home from tea already?

Looks like I was too late and missed all the fun :cheer:

Was lovely to meet you both RJ and Tenties, great to catch up with tlc and Mawson and Theresa again :laugh:

I'm not going in again tomorrow, going to stay home and sit under the a/c I think and load all my music onto my new ipod touch. :cheer: I think I can be officially declared an apple addict - first the ipad, then the imac and now the ipod. :D Now I just have to convince work that an iphone would be so much better than the blackberry (fat chance!!). :laugh:

Oh Jess, I didnt realize you had an ipad, I thought you ended up with a net book, how awesome is the ipad do you love it or what!! DId you get the ipod touch 4? it can basically do everything the iphone can do but make calls :laugh: clever little machine. If you have frineds with ipods/iphones, get an app called yak and you can text using a wirless network. So cool. There was an add in todays paper for a apple support person and one of the girls at work was reading it out to me she said :D this job is so made for you :laugh: Geez I'd love it too but it was in Melbourne!!

Where did JJ get to?

JJ was moving house (well, most of it!)

We borrowed a van, and loaded our 4WD up too, as well as the trailer, and made 4 trips to the new place.

So that's 8 vans and 4 trailer loads!

PLUS I have been dismantling the dog runs, puppy sheds and puppy runs, smashing up the concrete slab and carting it out piece by piece to the trailer which then had to be dumped at the tip.

Tomorrow we have to move all the dog runs to the new place and start putting them up, as well as move the shed and puppy runs there. No hurry putting them up though...

Then I will be working like a bastard trying to fix the back yard up to it's former glory!

Monday morning the moving van arrives and we can move in proper like.

I HATE moving! Were just trying to save some $$$ by doing most of it ourselves (That means more $$$$$ to spend at the Reptile Expo in February! :laugh: )

Glad you all were able to get together today... and such lovely weather for it too. In fact, I reckon I could have *almost* enjoyed a Dog Show today!

Hope you were all thinking of me while you supped upon your chilled champagne..... :laugh:

Tenties are you home from tea already?

I didnt go out for Tea tlc, i felt too guilty leaving the other fur kids at home locked up, so came home to them instead, i also had to feed the chooks otherwise they will neverlay....good news though i got 5 eggs tonight compared to 4 in the past 11 days...

Tim&Tanya, i might be going up to the show for a little while tomorrow, dont know what time though

I was thnking of you JJ, but no sipping on Champers for me I hate the stuff. But I did notice however the showing and drinking seems to go hand in hand!! Its funny I can see why people enjoy it but its definatley something I would not do, showing that is not drinking :laugh: but I did enjoy meeting a few new people and seeing all the different dogs, some quite spectacular especially the poos!!

I feel for you moving, we have moved about 20 times in the last 20 years and its not fun, only once we used a mover and that was from warrnambool to sydney and back again but all the other times we have done it ourselves, no wonder my back is stuffed come to think of it. :laugh: I seen Donna today, don't think she had any of her dogs entered actually I didnt even see one vizsla, Im sure they were there just didnt see any. I was going to say Hi to Donna, (not sure she would remember me but I was going to say hi anyway) but when I turned to see her she was gone.

Im hoping Rj comes in soon to pop some more pics up, not sure if she took any ring side she was too busy drooling over her chosen breed :D

I did end up getting a netbook but I'm not a fan - by the time windows jams all it's crap in the toolbars there's like 3 inches of screen to see stuff! A friend who was at the same seminar I was at had an ipad and I got to play with it for a while... which is when I decided I was getting one!! :laugh: So I should sell the netbook while it's still worth a few bucks. Should've gone with the ipad to start with.... :rofl:

Yes I did get the touch 4, so easy to use - plus I have bluetooth in the car so now I can listen to the ipod through the car stereo and not have to stuff around with finding dead radio frequencies and getting tangled in the cords :( I love my Apple stuff :) Just trying to find a nice case for it now :D

Shocker of a day to be moving JJ with the hot weather. :) I've done it twice in 38C+ weather, awful bloody job at the best of times :( All the best with it! :(

Far out tlc you've moved as much as I have - moving into this place was my 20th move. Come to think of it it's also been the 2nd longest I've ever stayed in one spot, longest was 6 years in SA as a kid.

Yes tlc drinking and dog showing DO seem to go hand in hand....

I remember years ago when there was a really good crew showing Vizslas, we all used to turn up with the most beautiful food to share as well as a heap of grog!

We'd start on the Champers at 9am, then hit the beers when the Canteen/Bar opened, and move on to the spirits (actually that may have only been me :) )

There were times I would show the dogs so drunk I couldn't run a straight line, let alone care if I won or not! It was all just great fun in those days.

Jess it was a warm day to be moving, but glad we got the bulk of it done today as tomorrow is supposed to be 36deg!

The worst move I have made was from Kalgoorlie to Warrnambool (Via Perth :( ). We had a Pajero loaded to the max, the roof rack was piled high too, and we'd bought a huge enclosed trailer for the trip which was well and truly over-loaded, plus we had a roof rack on the trailer which was stacked high.

To make things worse, we had a 4 month old baby in the car for the long trip, as well as the wife who was 2 months pregnant and sick as a dog!!! :)

We blew the transmission up in the middle of bloody nowhere and had to (eventually) get towed to Ceduna where we spent 4 days waiting for repairs. Once complete, we loaded her up again and headed off, only to find the new (reco) transmission was nearly as bad as the last! Dunno how it got us over here but she kept going for another year or two after that, whining all the while :laugh: .

NEVER want to go through THAT again! :rofl:

tlc I think Donna would have showen little Hunter today, but don't think she did any good as I saw she was home by lunch time. I'll catch up with her tomorrow.

What a stinker of a day. I've had Lacy up sick all night, vomiting and just generally unwell panting shivering, so I have had zero sleep. She seems to be ok now, nothing left to vomit. She is sleeping now. I'll give her some chicken in a bit and see how she goes. I'm hoping it is just a gastro type of bug and nothing more serious.

Jess, pity I hadn't of met you before you got your net book, you could have had a play with my ipad and saved yourself some $$ They are just the bees knees though!! Jess you sound so similar to me, we moved a bit as kids, then when I got with my OH we moved a lot our biggest being to the other side of Sydney for a while, similar to Jjs move not quite so bad, we had a car that wasn't up to the job we were piled high with everything we could fit in the car, the rest with the removal truck. I was about 40 degrees the day we left and we had the cat with us, she was a trooper in the car more like a dog really, we didnt even have her in a crate! But we made the trip. JJ your trip over sounded like a nightmare. Funny though when you go through hard times like that it makes everything else seem so much simpler and you look back on that experience and think well if we survived that move we can survive any :bottom:

I bet they are cooking at the show today. JJ it was way after lunch when I seen Donna, so she must have taken Hunter home and come back.

Still waiting for RJs pics, maybe she went back to the show today? She doesn't mind this weather! I hate it with a passion!

What a stinker of a day. I've had Lacy up sick all night, vomiting and just generally unwell panting shivering, so I have had zero sleep. She seems to be ok now, nothing left to vomit. She is sleeping now. I'll give her some chicken in a bit and see how she goes. I'm hoping it is just a gastro type of bug and nothing more serious.

Sounds like she had a bit of a pain in the Tummy tlc..... she's probably got rid of what's in the Tummy now but be on the lookout for what may come next.... the Squirts :bottom: Gastro type bug's tend to make really smelly vomits and poo's too,..... poo's go creamy in colour and nearly make yourself sick cleaning them up the smell is so bad will cross fingers for you that its not that :laugh:

Well it's a strange thing, she does want to go but nothing coming out? She had a bit of the squirts last night before the vomiting started but that was it. I don't think there is anything left to come out. Poor little pet, she has had a couple of drinks of water but refused the chicken I give her. Will definatley take her to the vets tomorow when I take Cooper.

Tenties did you go back to the show today? Is currently 35 in town.

Jess eBay is good and cheap for iPod covers.

Well it's a strange thing, she does want to go but nothing coming out? She had a bit of the squirts last night before the vomiting started but that was it. I don't think there is anything left to come out. Poor little pet, she has had a couple of drinks of water but refused the chicken I give her. Will definatley take her to the vets tomorow when I take Cooper.

Tenties did you go back to the show today? Is currently 35 in town.

Jess eBay is good and cheap for iPod covers.

Nah, didnt end up going tlc couldnt be bothered, way too hot for me i stayed inside under the ceiling fan, was much betterer :love:

Its good that Lacy was drinking but not eating so dont panic about that ok ?? not eating gives the bug nothing to continue with and drinking will keep her hydrated as well as flush the bug out quicker.....

Im off to the vet at 9.30 and taking both. Lacy has stopped vomiting and only tiny amount of liquid coming from other end, so I am pretty sure it is only gastro type bug but will feel better once the vet looks at her. And praying the thing on CJ s face is nothing sinister, like you said it will probly be nothing. Shan had a ook too and she thought the sam thing!

Ill be back later with an update.

JJ are you all moved? You'd be stuffed after yesterday with the weather being so hot!

Anyone going up to the show tomorrow?? Im going to pop up for a look, depending on the weather mite bring Bruno...

Went for 10 minutes, getting too hot for my comfort zone. Watched the cav section, NICE!!! Black and tans were out in force.

Hope anyone that went enjoyed themselves. I did pick up a whelping mat while there so that was a bonus.

Well I had to leave my girl at the vets, they were going to give her a GA and do exploritry surgery to see if they could find out what was happening re the rear end. The vet could feel something, she is either guessing an obstruction or really bad constipation due to her being sick. But she was only guessing so I will know more when I go back to pick her up hopefully by one she will right to come home.

The lump on Coopers face is nothing to worry about and she said they will only take it off if it starts annoying him, or if it gets bigger.

Geez it's a worry when they are sick, I really wanna ring now to see how they went but I am going to do my best to be patient and leave it till 1.

Oh Tic...Poor Lacey...it is such a worry and I hate leaving my puppies at the vet! Fingers crossed she will be fine and back to her normal lovely self in no time! Hardest part is the worry and just wanting to be there for them so I hope you get some news soon and she is home with you all ASAP!

It was lovely to meet you all, especially Tentie's "parcel"! :laugh: I never thought I'd be lecturing people about bees at a dog show though! Lesson #1 check overhead for hives before setting up all of your BBQ gear under inviting shady trees! ;)

I stayed over at my friends' motel cabin, she got delayed (well, fell asleep on the train from Melbourne and went way past the station she was parked at!) so I had to take the dogs there, feed them and settle them in the trailer etc. So came back on the Sunday (I had left the gazebo up overnight anyway).

That sea breeze kept it nice until late morning, and then it got warm so we decamped.

She took the dogs home and I went to return home and got as far as Mortlake when the thermostat seized. Four hours later, hmmmmmmm what fun, up and running again but got home safely and bought a new thermo this morning. Partner following me home said I should enter the dog trailer in agility it was leaping about everywhere - I was fighting crosswinds half of the way.

It's such a worry about Lacy - sending puggy healing vibes for her,vhope she comes good quickly. ;)