Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

I totally agree with you guys re: Craig at the vet group, but he has been ok with my guys but does not have much bedside manner. He was very good with us when our old guy went to the bridge.

He did ultra sound on CJ for bladder stones and let me watch, he told me it is sometimes hard to see and he is self taught. :cry: he has let me stay with Cooper for a couple of procedures as he knows Cooper is not a happy dog at the vets. He is also our vet for the girls path testing for Delta and has been good with that also. Plus doing thier testing pro Bono which is fantastic.

JJ I have been trawling the kindle thread and seen you had posted in there. Let me know if you want books and what sort I can hook you up! :wave:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I totally agree with you guys re: Craig at the vet group, but he has been ok with my guys but does not have much bedside manner. He was very good with us when our old guy went to the bridge.

He did ultra sound on CJ for bladder stones and let me watch, he told me it is sometimes hard to see and he is self taught. :wave: he has let me stay with Cooper for a couple of procedures as he knows Cooper is not a happy dog at the vets. He is also our vet for the girls path testing for Delta and has been good with that also. Plus doing thier testing pro Bono which is fantastic.

JJ I have been trawling the kindle thread and seen you had posted in there. Let me know if you want books and what sort I can hook you up! :thumbsup:

Gee that's good of Craig to test your Delta dogs pro-bono. Good on him!

Regarding his ultrasound 'techniques'... I have worked with trained radiographers and I am not surprised to hear Craig is self-taught! :cry:

And I guess his bed-side manner is irrelevant when it comes to animals! :laugh:

Re: Kindle. Yes my Kindle has arrived (well, it's for my Mum :love: ) but am waiting on the accessories. I bought her a leather cover, a screen protector, a light, a wall charger (so she doesn't have to plug it in to the back of her PC) and a car charger.

I haven't even opened it yet as I find anything "hi-tech" rather daunting, but will have to get into it soon. I am hoping to load it full of books from Mums favorite authors; Ruthe Rendell, Catherine Cookson, Agatha Christie.

I am just hoping the "instructions" and techniques are VERY simple. :thumbsup:

I used to develop all the plates at the clinic i used to work at, i would get asked to position animals for them as well, same with ultrasounds, i alway's looked forward to counting little spines when confirming pregnancy :laugh: and found it very interesting when looking for some sign of a problem and being shown these signs by the vet :o

I'm afraid i dont have much patience with vets who are rude or think they are better than the animals owner :rofl: , asking the owner questions about their animal is a sure fire way of a correct diagnosis :rofl: i dont and wont go to a certain vets in Warrnambool because of the way that the vet comes across, she shouldnt be a vet i dont think not with her attitude :rofl:

Hi everyone,

Just caught up on 12 pages!!! And I should be doing my PhD!! Oops!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and that I will definitely be at the MPW this year as Mawson will be leading it.... again :thumbsup:

Hope to see as many of you there as possible!!

Also, when you all get the extra next week... the dog with me is NOT Migaloo but maybe she could be a new member of the family! :eek:

Take care everyone!

Ooh, curious to know who Tenties means??

12 pages??? :) You ARE doing a PhD.... A PhD of our lives!!! :thumbsup:

I think you may know who Tenties means..... :rofl: (well, that's if I am correct! :eek: )

What day is the MPW?

I don't get my dog back until NEXT Saturday! :(

12 pages??? :) You ARE doing a PhD.... A PhD of our lives!!! :thumbsup:

I think you may know who Tenties means..... :rofl: (well, that's if I am correct! :eek: )

What day is the MPW?

I don't get my dog back until NEXT Saturday! :(

Oh come on JJ, PM me and put me out of my misery!! :rofl:

The MPW is the 15th May (Sunday week)... hope to see you there! Maybe you can bring along a few of the other critters as the girls at work were complaining that we only get dogs... we used to get a few rabbits and the like but in recent years only dogs.

See you soon :rofl:

Oh also JJ, was meaning to ask you if a Vizsla would be good for a family with 3 girls (ok, I already know the answer to that!) where dad also wants to run 15km with the dog? Of course not straight away, in fact not until fully grown 12+ months due to growing issues but I know someone that wants an active dog for the family but not as crazy active as a kelpie, border collie etc.

I am trying to push them towards a shelter mix :thumbsup:, but if they do want to go for a pup that they know will be a good candidate for what they want, I thought a viszla would be a good choice?

Edited cause I can't spell!

Edited by mawson

Nice to see you back in here Maws!!

Jj, I didn't get around today as you have probly figured out. We decided to be indulgent and go out for lunch before my friend went home. We have had a great couple of days, dining out, playing with our computers and just generally having a great time. we even got to met up with Mawson and Miggy for a doggy run yesterday which was great. Then this arvo I have been bathing the doods!

Hope you can make the million paws walk JJ, also there is a tracking day in June, I think it is 26th June, I am guessing if Tarni is having pups she will be too far along for tracking but maybe you could still come out anyway? Maws do you think you will go this time. It was 27th June last year when we went. I can't believe it has been a year!

It is also Tullys 4th Birthday that day so I think if I go I will take the birthday girl since she enjoyed it so much last time.

Jj I will definatley aim for the weekend to pop in and drop off your stick!

Mawson maybe if you change the MPW to the "Million Scales Slither" you may attract some more 'interesting' attendees! :eek:

Yeah a Vizsla is ideal for an energetic family with kids, but I usually recommend them for older kids (say 10+) as Vizslas can be very boisterous, especially while they are young. Of course it can work with younger kids... until recently we had 5 Vizslas with 4 kids ranging from 1 to 7 years.

I think it comes down to the individual families situation more than anything.... are they dog savvy? Will they actively train the dog? Will the dog/children be supervised at all times? etc etc etc.

There is some good information (well I think so!) on my website (click my signature below) on the "Is a Vizsla for me?" and the "Vizslas and Children" pages.

I think these pages raise enough concerns for people to at least give a second thought to Vizsla ownership, or cement the fact that a Vizsla is right for them and their lifestyle.

If they were interested in a Vizsla they are welcome to come and meet us. Our July litter is pre-sold but we could always put them in touch with someone else.

Maybe "Honey" would suit them, if she is still needing a home?

tlc that's no worries.... I'll see you over the weekend. Let me know if you'd rather I go to your place. :)

Now I am afraid I wont be able to go on the MPW.... the 15th is Mums birthday, and as it's her 60th we are going out for lunch and out for the afternoon. :love:

Spewing about the Tracking Workshop! I REALLY wanted to get Tarni out for a go, but she'll be carrying some severe baggage by that stage and I think it would exert her a little to much. I may come out for a look again and help lay tracks if I'm needed. You'll need someone to bring the Stingos I'm sure! ;)

Happy Birthday to Tully for the 15th.... I'm sure she'd love to join all her friends on the walk!

Mawson, will PM you momentarily. :)

Anyone after Pekin Bantam roosters i have several to give away.

They are too cute to kill and they are great little pets. Black ones and Multicoloured.

We have decided on Australorps if we do go ahead and get some chooks.

Are your Roosters suitable to eat? May be worth killing them :eek: . Sorry I don't know my 'chook breeds' too well.

:love: Arghhhh the bees, I had momintarily forgotten about the Bees. :eek: It's not Tully Birthday till the 26th June which is the tracking day, and it is Coopers this weekend he will be 5, wow time flys when your having doggie fun! So not fair wish they would stay youngins forever. :)

Just a quick question for JJ

Any news on a turtle ??????

Franklin is doing very well, thank-you! :)

He has his own 12 foot pool arriving on Sunday. ;)

Edited to add.... and a friend when I can get to Melbourne to pick him up. A DOLer needs to rehome 'Craig'. :D

Anyone after Pekin Bantam roosters i have several to give away.

They are too cute to kill and they are great little pets. Black ones and Multicoloured.

We have decided on Australorps if we do go ahead and get some chooks.

Are your Roosters suitable to eat? May be worth killing them :eek: . Sorry I don't know my 'chook breeds' too well.

I will have Australorps later in the year, supplier of fertile eggs is experiencing molt season which leads to lack of egg laying and fertility.

I have 4 dozen eggs owed when they return to normal which i will sell off. Large breed variety roosters make good eating but as for Pekin Bantam they aren't much bigger than quails so they aren't worth persuing for food purposes.

Edited by Cavalblaze

Hey Jj, I called in after work, knocked on the door but no answer, geez hope I was at the right house, anyway I left the stick hanging on the meter box outside the front door!

No rush to get it back as I got another stick now so its all good! You will have to go through them and maybe there is some doubles and there will no doubt be a lot you won't want. Are you running windows 7 on your pc or vista? I know with windows 7 if you have all the files in a folder then you do a search on an author, books by that autor will come up so thats a good way to see if the books are there that you like. I did put the AC and RR in a seperate folder so you wouldnt have to go searching for them.

Let me know if you have any trouble putting them on, you won't though as it is super easy! Your mum is going to love it. I got mine one for her last birthday back in March (not a kindle but an ereader) and she loves it. I have shown my kindle to lots of people and some have gone right out and ordered themselves one. They are great.