Not Very Happy!

So I take my 15 month old English Cocker Spaniel, Jesie to the vet this morning. She had smelly ears and I had run out of the stuff I use to clean them. I had made an appointment because I thought I might aswell get the vet to check her ears over and make sure they were ok. Turns out my vet is on holiday (he's actually helping with the bushfires) so I saw the owner of the surgery. What a dong head!

Jesie is a very active dog and I mean VERY. She always has been and I never want to change that, its what I love about her. Anyway vet checks her ears tells me they are ok and gets me the ointment I need. He then proceeds to tell me that she is hyper active and should be on medication to calm her down. I tell him that she's fine and I like her as she is. She isn't a bother to anyone. He starts lecturing me that she is too hyper and I can not be happy with her the way she is. He then says "I really dont want to have to say I told you so when you send her to the pound becuase you cant cope anymore". What the hell? I was bloody furious! Luckily the vet nurse (thank god) was there who knows me and my doggies. She pretty much told this vet to shut up but in a nice way.

What right did this guy have to tell me that I need to change my dogs personality? When I walked out to pay, the vet nurse said only pay for the ointment, consultation is free seeing as you had to put up with that idiot! :laugh: Had to laugh at her. I'll be making sure I dont see him again.

Nope she was actually really well behaved.

He saw us come in the surgery and she knows the vet nurse as last year we saw her alot unfortunately. So she was excited to see her. Jesie wagged her tail like a demon and pulled me over to say hello and then Jesie and the vet nurse were all over each other with cuddles and kisses.

That's how Jesie greets all the people she likes.

Not a chance she's going on drugs to calm her down! The vet I saw was the guy who runs the clinic! I'll be much happier when my vet comes back from the fires. He's been dealing with Jesie since we got her and he knows exactly what she's like. He would never suggest anything to calm her down.

We have many dogs who come in on drugs cause they are hypo

Im amazed my vet HASNT offered to put kaos on drug :) My new vet was laughing so much at her she couldnt give her her injection!! Kaos was going nuts!!

and just like you, i love my crazy dog and would never drug her to make her different!!!

all my vets now know to ignore her, treat her, THEN rev her up, otherwise it takes 2 people to hold her still!! :o

My mental doggie suits me. All my family tell me that she would be less excitable if I was less excitable! :) They are so right but I'm never going to change so I guess Jesie will never change either. The worst part of it is I'm starting to inflict my craziness on my poor puppy Jodie aswell! :o

My mental doggie suits me. All my family tell me that she would be less excitable if I was less excitable! :rofl: They are so right but I'm never going to change so I guess Jesie will never change either. The worst part of it is I'm starting to inflict my craziness on my poor puppy Jodie aswell! :)

Whoo hoo! I'm not the only one that likes my dog as mental as me. Most people would have trouble living with my girl as she is what they class as hypo but what I class as fun. When I look back at dogs I've had over the years the ones that I got on best with were the zany ones, they were also the smartest ones.

I'm glad you didn't let this vet convince you that you should change your dogs personality, she sounds PERFECT the way she is and a great role model for your pup. I bet you never have a dull moment with such wonderful companions.

:):o:rofl: