2009 Brags Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My gosh we're on page 2 what happened did no body do anything brag worthy lol :confused:

Logan Trial today and man it was a stinker of heat... we had two runs and they were both great ones..

JDX.. HARD AS :laugh: but suprisingly I managed to pull it off but due to a certain sombody waling through the tunnel we had 3 time faults...

AD.. 1st Q and AD TITLE!! :crazy: thats been almost 3 years in the making!!! Im so proud of jock.. The judge was a really lovely judge and she could have easily called several lots of refusals but she didn't and Im thrilled to bits!!

so I now have Jock NJC AD JD SD... lol I swear there is some kind of pill for that :eek:

Well done Smisch :confused:

We had a games trial this morning and River came home with his novice gamblers title which is our first games title. We also passed novice snooker and novice pairs too so very happy with my little one :laugh:

Top efforts Smisch and Rivsky - I hope you celebrated in fine style :eek:

I guess that raises the next question - do you celebrate your dog doing well and how do you celebrate a title.

Pink Bubbles are the order of the day when Deb and I travel interestate :laugh:

The boys are always rewarded with on the spot jackpots of various sorts. :confused: I have to say I spend longer in the supermarket trying to decide what jackpots to take than I do deciding what I am going to have for dinner :crazy:

Hmmm for me it depends on the achievement. The whole world is going to know when we crack that first UD pass, if ever :laugh: and I think there will be plenty of tears from me :eek: . Ness's last title was her ADM and that was more out of relief and not as much excitment as there probably should have been attached to it. Although I did remember to text a certain somebody so people knew before I arrived home again and I had emails waiting :crazy: .

Hmm a 190 in Open would be a biggy for me on my list and that might be a phone a friend moment ;) .

Both kids did get a lamb tendon when Ness got her ADM but they had it the next day as we were obedience trialling the following day.

We take cakes or chocolates out to club to help celebrate titles and I know with Ness's ADM she did manage to sneak a couple of startburst snakes :confused: .

I guess that raises the next question - do you celebrate your dog doing well and how do you celebrate a title.

Pink Bubbles are the order of the day when Deb and I travel interestate :eek:

The boys are always rewarded with on the spot jackpots of various sorts. :confused: I have to say I spend longer in the supermarket trying to decide what jackpots to take than I do deciding what I am going to have for dinner ;)

Yep on the spot jackpots here too - and if he has a 100% pass rate I've been known to throw in an extra one for good measure, not that he really knows the difference but makes me feel better :laugh:

Can't believe I'm about to admit this but actually made Riv cheesecake for one of his jackpots this week :cry: Oh ok we ate most of it but made an effort to keep some aside for him!! I've definitely been well trained to keep the jackpots varied and always try to make them something completely different to what I use in training so they seem a little bit more "special".

We also get something he likes that we share with him for his dinner as well - and after that the poor boy is put on rations for the rest of the week to make up for all the treats :crazy:

Well we had an 'introductory' ADAA trial here in Vic this weekend just gone :eek:

A huge :confused: and well done to all the ADAA people who organised the event! Was heaps of fun and a good way to learn about the other 'styles' of agility competition ;)

Bummer about the rain on Sunday and the horrible wind!!! Made it tough competing and standing in the rain certainly didn't help my cold at all!!! :crazy:

Well my kids did well, and I (think) Leo walked away with his AAD title?!?!?

Leo ended up with passes in:

Intermediate Agility

Starters Agility

Starters Jumping

Starters Agility

Kinta had passes in:

Intermediate Jumping

Starters Jumping

Starters Jumping

I loved the courses and the ones we bombed out on were mainly due to handler errors or small faults by the dog!

So proud of them both :laugh:

So many achievements.Congrats everyone!

I hope I can add some trialling achievements soon.

In the meantime...

Barkly passed his first two equipment modules (Contacts A and Tunnel) with flying colours at Croydon on Sunday.

and

My first appearance in the practice obedience ring at Croydon - apparently, I'm 'probably the worst at walking in a straight line they've ever seen'. How's that for an achievement! I was sooo nervous. (Note to self - stop looking at dog while heeling, and practice walking straight lines).

Edited by Luke W

Congratulations Rivsky on your passes and for your title :confused: Have you entered the States?

Well we had a brilliant weekend my old girl Xena who will be 11 in December got a first in the obedience trial on Saturday with 196 and than in the games trial got two thirds in strategic pairs, 2 passes in gambler masters (cant remember the placings though :o )and a first in snooker master and Inka got two third in strategic pairs masters and my baby girl got her title in gamblers novice with a fourth was a bit of a naughty girl though and wasnt listening :whisper: and got a second in the novice gamblers and a first in snooker novice. off to the Riverland on the weekend for two days of obedience