Dryers I Cant Decide

onnies

I own a ChallengeAir, use it once weekly for about an hour so very light use.

It's light to carry, the filter is quite easy to clean (but I did have trouble putting the cover back on). It does knock over easy when I'm using it but keeps on going. Not too noisy, good quality hose and easy to use attachments.

My biggest complaint is the Off/Low/High switch broke in the first week I had it. I should have returned it to Clipperworld but I had big shows coming up and needed it. Still haven't returned it so mine now only works on "High". The actual switch set up was annoying, it's a 3 option switch, left for Low and right for High with the middle being Off. I found I kept clicking on Low instead of Off from the High position.

I wasn't looking for a super powerful dryer so am quite happy with my Challengeair.

The B-Air dryer is made in China and has a similar case to a variety of different named dryers coming from there. The main problem with dryers from China apart from quality is the availablity of parts. They all state that parts are available but there have been many products sold from China over the past few years that you are unable to source parts for. Most quality dryers use Ametek motors, and the parts are readily obtainable.

I have three dryers, an old air force blower worth it's weight in double coated breed undercoat, and two Beacons one is as old as noah and still going strong and a new one, I love my Beacons.

I had use of a liberty for a while and it died, wasn't fussed on it.

I have a Double K Airmax for about 2 years now and have been really happy with it :laugh: The twin motor is great when Keesha is blowing coat, it removes it with ease!!

The Double K, Oldfield, EzyCoat all have the same brand motor and the differentiation is the case type and price. The Oldfield has a metal case which has the advantage of strength but prone to corrosion. The Double K has a plastic case and is less expensive for the equivalent power.

We have the Oldfield blower which is great,also have the oldfield stand dryer which i hate with a passion & will be for sale soon.

Have 2 Liberty Stand Dryers which i like for my breeds coat & the way it dries.

Also have ametro air force which is nearly 16 yrs & very handy.