Innova Evo

APBT

some of you have probly seen me post in other threads about buying a new kibble, on sunday i bought a bag of inova evo small bites,

i gave around half a handfull to my girl this morning, i noticed tonite she did about 4 poops in 4 difrent places in the yard,

i was curious to check her stools and i noticed there were all much softer then usal and very small, hence it being divided into 4 difrent places lol.

it this a normal reaction to a change in diet? i was ment to save some of the advance kibble and change over a week or so but since it isent her main food souce i didnet bother.

and how wuld i be able to tell if she has an upset stomach? i will defentality be adding some plain natural yougurt this week jsut to make sure,

any advice is appreciated.

because i wanted the evo, the owner of the store told be to get the inova evo small bites, he sed even it dosent say for puppys on it is the one ment for small to medium breed dogs puppy and adult, anyone know anything about this, i dont think there was a puppy food in the evo range just the inova

Edited by APBT

I lot of people on this forum don't feed innova because you can only get it though PP. That's probably why no one is answering your post.

Innova is very high in protein, so it probably upset her tummy. It's a very rich food and should be introduced very gradually.

I actually don't think innova is suitable for puppies. Not because of the high protein content (that used to worry people because of some misleading studies) but because calcium to phosphorous ration is not adequate for growing pups.

How old it your dog?

some of you have probly seen me post in other threads about buying a new kibble, on sunday i bought a bag of inova evo small bites,

i gave around half a handfull to my girl this morning, i noticed tonite she did about 4 poops in 4 difrent places in the yard,

i was curious to check her stools and i noticed there were all much softer then usal and very small, hence it being divided into 4 difrent places lol.

it this a normal reaction to a change in diet? i was ment to save some of the advance kibble and change over a week or so but since it isent her main food souce i didnet bother.

and how wuld i be able to tell if she has an upset stomach? i will defentality be adding some plain natural yougurt this week jsut to make sure,

any advice is appreciated.

because i wanted the evo, the owner of the store told be to get the inova evo small bites, he sed even it dosent say for puppys on it is the one ment for small to medium breed dogs puppy and adult, anyone know anything about this, i dont think there was a puppy food in the evo range just the inova

Innova EVO do not have a puppy formula that I'm aware of.

Evo is quite 'rich' and I have heard that it can give some dogs loose/more frequent stools,just start by giving her small amounts at first and gradually add to this,that said it may not suit every dog.My boy had a day or two of softer stools before he adjusted.You will notice with EVO that her poos will be smaller than on most grain based kibble,as long as she doesn't have diarrhea I wouldn't worry too much yet.

Keep an eye on her over the next few days and good luck!

I lot of people on this forum don't feed innova because you can only get it though PP. That's probably why no one is answering your post.

Innova is very high in protein, so it probably upset her tummy. It's a very rich food and should be introduced very gradually.

I actually don't think innova is suitable for puppies. Not because of the high protein content (that used to worry people because of some misleading studies) but because calcium to phosphorous ration is not adequate for growing pups.

How old it your dog?

she is 18 weeks, ive called around and ive been told that the inova evo dont make a specific puppy range, the small bites inova evo is suitable for small breed puppies and adults, but its jsut not advised for large bredd dogs,

i know about the pp thing, but really im doing whats best for my dog and i dont see how someone now purchasing form pp is going to change anything when 100's of people each day do, each to there own but

APBT PP are big encouragers of puppy farms and BYBers ... they also fly and shift puppies around like stock

many many people will avoid them on here, as well as their 'PC' version

Edited by Nekhbet

I get my cat's evo from the mega warehouse pet place in Hopper's Crossing. PP isn't the only place you can get Evo.

PP has a monopoly to import Innova to Australia. All the stores selling Innova are owned by the PP mob.

I get my cat's evo from the mega warehouse pet place in Hopper's Crossing. PP isn't the only place you can get Evo.

PP has a monopoly to import Innova to Australia. All the stores selling Innova are owned by the PP mob.

No way...really??

No way...really??

Unfortunately :)

yeah Dr Jack Ayerbe was in on the whole thing too ... Its called Pet Goods Direct

crock crock crock

this is the same vet who thinks you should take kittens home any time from 6 weeks onwards ... :) good one :)

Edited by Nekhbet

yeah Dr Jack Ayerbe was in on the whole thing too ... Its called Pet Goods Direct

crock crock crock

this is the same vet who thinks you should take kittens home any time from 6 weeks onwards ... :thumbsup: good one :thumbsup:

yes he's the nuff nuff on 3AW that say's it's ok to feed cooked bones :D

So how do you know that Pet goods direct is actually the same as pp I am interested because I buy food there.

I used to feed Tilba Innova puppy then adult. It was always hard to get or just about out of date. The PP store told me to go to PGD their other store. I've since switched to Advance.