Leather Leads

Anyone know of where I can get some good quality leather leads that don't cost the earth?!

I think I like soft leather, rolled or braided..... I'm not sure, but I know them when I see them :thumbsup:

Helpful aren't I?! LOL

Anyone know of where I can get some good quality leather leads that don't cost the earth?!

I think I like soft leather, rolled or braided..... I'm not sure, but I know them when I see them :thumbsup:

Helpful aren't I?! LOL

Contact Bernie Wilkinson. He is the one the makes them for quite a few clubs around victoria. I know that I get them for Werribee.

I got mine from k9force.net

They have braided or plain. The leather is nice and soft on your hands. I was very pleased with my leash :thumbsup:

Me too... I have three and they are great :eek:

I got mine off someone at Shoeys dog club when i was in Melb, they were very cheap and i love them! I am very careful with what leads i use as kaos is strong and can pull if another dog is near, but i have had no problems with these leads!!

Lp Jencol makes plaited leather ones but they're show leads I don't know that they'd be strong enough for obedience. There's a saddlery in Ringwood called Saddleworld now but they have a saddler who makes things to order, he is very very good. I have the most lovely filly slip he made it's beautiful soft where it needs to be and very well made. I have no idea what it would cost you though.

Do you want plaited as in plaited into a round like a stock whip? Or what are sold as plaited leads the flat leather ones with the loop plait at the clip and handle?

Thanks everyone :rofl:

To be honest I *don't* know what I want, I just want one that's not too thick, soft and comfortable in your hands. I don't like thick leads, so want something nice and thin (but not show lead thin)

Jencol might be able to make you something thicker. Her leads are really lovely. You might know her LP she shows smooth collies.

Or there's these.

http://www.maka.com.au/products.php?cat=28

It might be worth talking to Capanash, I noticed at Southern that she had a really nice leather lead. I'm sure she'd let you have a feel of it, and thats the only way to know if it'll suit to be honest.

Edited by Natsu chan

These are my Bernie leads, he also makes them thicker like he did for Teebs or thinner like he does for puppy leads, mine are about 1/2" so not show thin but they dont feel chunky either

Ed's is plain leather and Mollys is spesh - Bernie made it for her cos she ate through about 5 of the plain ones

They are about $12-15 I think

IMG_0247.jpg

Edited by shoemonster

These are my Bernie leads, he also makes them thicker like he did for Teebs or thinner like he does for puppy leads, mine are about 1/2" so not show thin but they dont feel chunky either

Ed's is plain leather and Mollys is spesh - Bernie made it for her cos she ate through about 5 of the plain ones

They are about $12-15 I think

Can I ask how long they are? And since I'm in NSW, can I ask how I could get in touch with Bernie if I wanted one? Cannot afford one quite yet, but might like one in the future - as that's a good price! Any chance he does strong plain leather collars???

Edited by ~pip~

I got mine from k9force.net

They have braided or plain. The leather is nice and soft on your hands. I was very pleased with my leash :wave:

Me too... I have three and they are great :rofl:

I was given one of these a while ago. I have a 6' premium one. It's fantastic. :(