Complex Tricks Using Targeting

I'd love to see a video of this :o

Well I haven't done it with her for a couple of years, 2 weeks ago I started doing some training of her again and pulled the bin and ball out. She is slightly manic and it needs refining again before filming it. But Piper put a spanner in the works by injuring herself while working sheep last week and is now on about 8 weeks rest :D

I had been working on the bin, skateboard riding, putting her toys in her wagon and "going home" (bringing me the wagon) and also a freestyle routine for a try out for a demo team next weekend. Thats now out, oh well.

:rofl: Good one Piper. You sound like you were keener then I was. I thought about it, am thinking about it, but not sure I can be bothered :thumbsup: .

Well I was chatting to Judy Chapman at a show and asked what kind of things they wanted and she said some cute tricks would be good. So I rattled off Pipers list and she asked me to come along and even offered to provide the sound for the freestyle if I needed her to. And I figured Piper would enjoy it, she is such a show off. I figure I will let her know I won't be coming and why but offer if she would like to look at her another time if they still need more dogs then I am happy to do so.

Complex tricks I want to teach my dog :

• Ironing
  • Vacuuming (not with mouth)
  • Washing up (not with tongue)
  • Weeding garden (without leaving gaping holes)
  • Putting out the garbage (not eating it) bins on garbo night

:):cheer:

I'm having an interesting time trying to teach Jedi the somersault... His ruff is so hairy that I can't actually see if he's targeting the target stick!!!!!! It blocks my vision!!!!!! Even if I sit down and lean close to the ground it's really difficult to see! :laugh: I'm going to have to wrap something gently around his neck to squash the fur down or we're not going to get anywhere! The joys of a fluffy dog!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having an interesting time trying to teach Jedi the somersault... His ruff is so hairy that I can't actually see if he's targeting the target stick!!!!!! It blocks my vision!!!!!! Even if I sit down and lean close to the ground it's really difficult to see! :provoke: I'm going to have to wrap something gently around his neck to squash the fur down or we're not going to get anywhere! The joys of a fluffy dog!

:) These fluffy dogs make it hard don't they, well I guess mine isn't quite as fluffy as yours. You might find the extra coat handy though as it gives your pup a nice soft cushion, I taught my girl on the bed to begin with as I didn't want her to find it uncomfortable plus it was an easier height for me to support her if necessary.

She picked it up in the first lesson as she already knew the head tuck between her legs so now its just refining it. I didn't use the touch stick as I wanted to be available to support if necessary and also knowing how many left hands I have I would have probabaly impaled my dogs eye or something equally gruesome. After watching the video you posted it might be time to try the touch stick to get more distance established as I think she still uses me to kick of from.

Have finely managed to upload the video of her earlier attempts this was taken about a week or so after her first lesson, not the clearest as I set up the camera on a stool and just hoped that we were lined up for it to video.