K9 Force Is Coming To Brisbane

Guest GSPNEWBIE

Guest GSPNEWBIE

Hi all

K9 force will be coming to Brisbane on the weekend of 16 & 17 April 2005 for a workshop with Good Dog Behavioural Clinics (www.good-dog.com.au).

Would anyone be interested in an extra workshop for DOLers (and friends) on Friday the 15th or Monday the 18th. K9 Force has offered to do separate consults, or we can run a workshop. We should make some good savings, as K9 Force will already be in Brisbane.

If anyone is interested, please could you let me know ASAP as Steve has to book his flights soon.

Cheers

Edited by GSPNEWBIE

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definitely be interested. I would like to come to two different workshops so I can take my beagles seperately (in some ways they are as different as chalk and cheese).

Can we have some more information about content, location, price, etc.

PM me if you want.

Cheers

Hilary

The only problem I have is a dog escaping... even with a remote fence collar on. Digging under existing fence.. GRRRR.

Bloody border collies.. damn smart ones. Have become totally reliant on the collar as she has worked out that it is the thing that bites.. NO collar.. out..

Nevermind.. WOUld love to go.. any info always helps when you are training yours or others.

Guest GSPNEWBIE

Hi all

So sorry about my tardiness. I thought I tracked this topic, but it didn't work for some reason. :laugh:

I have never really organised anything like this before, so initially I just wanted to see if there was any interest.

As I mentioned, Steve will be there for that weekend anyway, so it would be cost effective for us if we could do something on either the Friday or Monday. If not, we can always book Steve for another weekend, but it would cost more due to the airfare/accom etc.

I am totally flexible about the content, though I am always keen for extra info about nervous dogs. It is also completely up to you, whether you would like it to be a one day workshop or done on an individual consult basis. If we go down the route of an individual consult, it would be really great if we could somehow watch each others sessions. I thought we might learn more that way, what do you reckon?

I'm all ears for suggestions, and the costing would depend on how many attended the workshop. I think we need 10 people per workshop, which would make it $100 each for a whole day for the session + shared cost (if any) for training area. I REALLY hope I got my costings right, Steve will kill me!!!

I hope this isn't too vague, administration is NOT my strong point. :laugh:

One option is to do a "suggestion" list of topics and take it from there.

The individual consult for all to share would be good too.

Maybe we could combine the two -

Do a survey of topics and get a few to do "consults" covering the main topics of interest?

With any further questions at the end if time permits?

I would second the nervous dog subject - got a fair example here - I'm sure Steve would find plenty to do with my dobe :thumbsup:

Timing and location will influence my ability to attend.

cheers

Guest GSPNEWBIE

Excellent suggestion Noisymina. Perhaps the individual consult idea is the way to go, with the option for others to watch. I hope K9 Force would be ok with people watching the consults as I haven't actually asked him! :cheers::thumbsup:

Personally I would really like to book an individual consult with Steve. For myself and Ely, I need assistance with the following:

- nervousness around humans

- basic obedience under distraction. For Ely, it doesn't take much to be distracted!

I would be very happy for people to watch our session.

I assume that you all have a fair idea of what you would like your own dog to learn, so all suggestions welcome. K9 Force has a list of services on his site such as:

"Obedience Training.

* Puppy.

* Adult.

* Basic.

* Advanced.

Off leash

High distraction.

Training in drive.

* Competition.

Polishing of problem sections.

Problem Solving.

* Complete behavioural service.

* Aggression.

Dog to dog aggression.

Dog to people aggression.

Dog to other animal.

Dominance.

Fear based aggression.

Fear biters.

* Nuisance Barkers

* Escape artist.

* Selective deafness.

* Head strong dogs.

Protection Training.

* Full protection training to various levels.

Alert dog, no bite work.

Personal Protection, minimal bite work on sleeve.

Low level Law enforcement, bite work, bite development, sleeve.

Law enforcement, arm & leg bites.

Patrol dog, body bite suit.

* Decoy work.

Civil agitation.

Sleeve work.

Body bite suit.

Muzzle fighting."

Regarding location, I'm in Bulimba but am happy to go wherever for the session. If anyone lives nearby with a friendly dog, I am also happy to give somebody a lift.

Steve, any input from you here would be appreciated. :cheers:

K9: location isnt important to me nor is the content. Any of the suggestions mentioned so far are all good for me.

Its really up to you guys, Im happy doing either.

There is a case study I just posted thats worth a read, these methods are easy to teach & they get results fast.

Guest GSPNEWBIE

Ok guys - here's the deal:

K9 Force has agreed to do 5 individual consults on Friday 15 April 2005. I have nabbed one for myself :laugh: , so there are now 4 available.

Each consult is 2 hours, and the cost is $99 each.

For k9 to fit in 5 consults, I guess the timing would run something like this:

1st consult - 7.30am to 9.30am

2nd consult - 9.30 to 11.30am

LUNCH

3rd consult - 12pm to 2pm

4th consult - 2pm to 4pm

5th consult - 4pm to 6pm

Regarding location, I'll make a suggestion. There is a small park opposite my house in Bulimba (Brisbane), which is usually empty during the day. We are on a small quiet street, and there is plenty of shaded parking. I can provide water for the dogs (and people!), and lunch for Steve if he wants. Please feel free to make any other suggestions for location, as I really don't mind where we do this. I'm still quite new to Brisbane, so I don't know where else to suggest.

With regard to spectators, there will be a cost of $10 per consult. Unfortunately, due to our tight schedule, there won't be any opportunity for questions from spectators. Also, the person who has booked the consult MUST give their agreement, before you can turn up and watch! FYI, I am happy for people to watch my session.

I know that the following people have expressed interest, depending on cost, timing, location etc:

Dali-love

Noisymina

huskymiko

Reeda

Stitch

hilaryo

NOW is the time to let me know for sure what you'd like to do. :laugh:

I hope that covers everything. Steve, can you pls let me know if these timings suit you, or if I have left out any vital information.

Best wishes.

OK

I'm sure I could learn a lot from watching and leave the consults available for others, specially as there are not a lot of them.

I would prefer to watch and learn - and according to the times, it looks like I would only be able to do so for the second & third - if family commitments do not change, that is.

Can I have the go ahead on those when all is sorted, please?

cheers