K9 Force Is Coming To Brisbane

Guest GSPNEWBIE

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Throw me in for a consult. Any time is fine with me.

Payment: when and where?

If you wish, you can hold it at my place. I am northside bout half hour from the city. I have large fenced yard for those dogs attending, and plenty of open room for training.

If you wish we can even hold it in the dressage arena :thumbsup:

Just thought I would add that there is an awesome new park that is near me (Mt Ommaney area). It is huge and has a few very large grassy areas that would be great for any of steve's work. There are bbq areas and tables and covers over most of them. It is set with the River in the background and would make for an awesome meeting place. It is called Rocks Riverside Park and has been open for about a year, so is still very new. It is on Seventeen mile rocks road if anyone wants to check out where it is.

Reeda

I would definately want one of the consults - any time will do although would prefer 9.30 to 11.30 if possible.

K9: If you have 2 dogs is it possible to have 2 x 1 hour per dog sessions or would you prefer 1 dog for the full 2 hours?

Thanks

Hilary

Guest GSPNEWBIE

;) UPDATE....

Thanks for your interest everybody.

SKYES Dalimit, it would be great to have it at your place, thanks for the offer. K9 said that he was happy with that, so we'll book it please! Also, regarding bookings, I thought I'd slot you in for the 1st consult. Is that ok?

1st consult - 7.30am to 9.30am - BOOKED (SKYES Dalimit)

2nd consult - 9.30 to 11.30am - BOOKED (hilaryo)

LUNCH

3rd consult - 12pm to 2pm - BOOKED (GSPNEWBIE)

4th consult - 2pm to 4pm

5th consult - 4pm to 6pm

That leaves 2 places free. If anyone would like to book a different time, I will be happy to swap to a later session.

Regarding payment, I have e-mailed K9 and will let you know what method of payment he would prefer.

Larns, were you interested in a consult or would you prefer to watch one of our sessions?

Thanks all.

:(

H:

K9: If you have 2 dogs is it possible to have 2 x 1 hour per dog sessions or would you prefer 1 dog for the full 2 hours?

K9: Its goling to depend on the problem/s the dog/s have, normally its ok to have two dogs there, you will need a second handler of course, but if you had a list of problems with each, you may not get them all covered in two hours.

Guest skunkflower

Hello, a friend just directed me to this thread and recommended these sessions

I am interested in a session, I am on the Northside though so would prefer a bit earlier than 2-4pm ??

Unless there is enough interest to warrant a different day of sessions on the northside ??

Anyway I'll leave it in your capable hands for now :rolleyes:

Guest GSPNEWBIE

Hi skunkflower

we will be holding the sessions at Skyes Dalimit's place, which is Northside, so I guess that would be perfect! :rolleyes:

What time would you ideally like your session to be?

Cheers

Hi guys.

For those that may not have followed the thread.. I have just changed my name from Huskymiko to Skyes Dalimit.

To cut a long story short, huskymiko was named after a siberian husky I onced owned. Bless her soul she has been dead these last two years and have asked Troy(thankyou Troy) to change my name to that of my brood bitch.

Any people who are interested, please PM me and I will give you the address. There is plenty of parking available. I have a bbq, and am planning on having a bbq lunch, so I would ask BYO meat/drinks and if we can organise everyone who is attending to bring a salady item, that would be lovely and will reduce the cost on everyone else for lunch.

I am at Samford, which is about half hour from the city.

when do you need to know by? cause i'm interested but april is a little far away to commit too. not sure if i can get time off work for that date yet, depends on whether i get a job i had an interview for a few weeks ago or whether i get one of hte permanant vacancies that have come up where i am...

Guest skunkflower

That is great :hug:

So if the 2-4pm is still available book me and my dobe in !!!

I have a very good recommendation to K9 from the owner of my dogs dad, no real problems to speak of but 'distraction obedience' is such a lifesaver, keen on that, and while he is young a bit of 'walking nicely on the lead' might come in handy ;-)

Guys,

If there are any people who have any special requirements with regards to their dogs/themselves, please let me know. I have three crates here (2x medium and one large), plus a secure kennel run. Depending on numbers I may need an extra table for lunch..

I also have livestock on the property, if any of those who are comming have dogs that like to chase horses, please let me know as one of the horses here will kick to kill if it is chased.

K9: Is there any special requirements you require? I have a broad jump, high jump, send-a-way box, articles (although would prefer handlers to use their own articles) and weave poles here, for those requiring assistance with open/UD work.

Cheers

Tracie

Guest skunkflower

I don't have a crate...and no idea if Jones would chase horses (wouldn't put it past him though !!!)

He is a happy social boy though.

Our needs are very basic, I just want to know if I call him he will come (or drop) no matter what or where.

He is good on lead (as far as not pulling...wouldn't pass obedience standard 'heeling' though) but as he is still young I would value tips to keep him good, always worried he might get pushier as he grows up.

With regards to time, I thought it was going to be on the southside, so would need to finish early enough to get back and pick up kids so at Samford 2-4 is fine :rofl:

SD:

K9: Is there any special requirements you require? I have a broad jump, high jump, send-a-way box

K9: Oh I havent run myself over the jumps since I was in my twenties... lol..

Really, for behavioural issues I sit down, talk to the owner & basically hold the dog on a leash, that I will bring. So a seat for me & dog owner is about all I need, but I can bring that.

When we have confirmed numbers, I will send out info sheets by email advising dogs on leash at all times & other guidlines.

K9: no problems. Have long leashes as well.. Good thing about training horses, 20M lunging ropes a plenty..

Have two Gazebos and about 8 chairs.. so you can take your pick from any of those. :worship:

Someone mentioned in an earlier post about competition training?? Hence the jumps etc.