Slipping On Tiles

I was wondering if anyone knows a product i can get to coat tiles so my Golden Retriever doesnt slip on them. Our tiles are in three quarters of the house so it is important to prevent her from slipping and hurting herself.

I was told of a product a while ago but i cant for the life of me remember the name :rofl:

Any suggestions??!?!!

ETA: She is just over 3.5yrs old

Edited by LucyCharzie

do you mean like some sort of brush on grip that stays on the tiles? We did this to our parents laundry as the old dog was constantly slipping, I'll ask them what we used for ya tomorrow, unless someone beats me to it and answers it for you

I bought stuff that came in a roll, you buy it by the metre and it's not expensive, and it WORKS! It's got a rubbery feel but the one I bought was cream with a light blue print on it.

From memory, I think it was about $28 for 4 metres.

I had no luck finding it, but you could consider Driveseal. They might sell you some of the adhesive stuff, or you could get a qoute for the laundry

Its a cement based decoractive coating that has been designed and formaulated for resurfacing concrete and is skid resistant.

The texture of drive seal is an added safety feature in both wet and dry conditions.

(reading this straight off the cataloge).

www.driveseal.com.au

or 1300 36 70 70

LucyCharzie I have the exact same problem with my dog on the tiles at home. Our whole house is tiled.

The tiles were bought before I had a dog, not really taking into account how slippery they can be.

I'm tossing up between a non slip coating (but worried it might not last because we use a steam mop), or mats (furr collectors) or the paw pads hopenfox suggested (but it could be expensive, depending how long they last).

Please let me know if you find something that works for you!

You haven't said whether your tiles are ceramic or slate or terrazzo or quarry etc or how they are finished ... so it's a bit difficult to recommend anything.

This builder's website gives you links to various products: Popular Anti Slip Coatings

The best ones are quite pricey, a temporary and cheap solution might be to put down carpet protector runners as pathways in the heavy traffic areas.

Also (please don't feel insulted because this is so obvious, I'm just trying to help!) don't use a high sheen product when cleaning the tiles...

you can buy a type of anti slip spray for your dogs' pads. they use them on show dogs sometimes in the ring. not sure how it'd work on tiles though...might be worth a try though rather than spending a fortune doing your floors? also make sure the hair in her pads is cleared away. good luck. hope that helped

Tiles i think are ceramic and have that slippery feel to them. I wouldnt mind using products on floors rather than something on her paws as like i've already said i need something for us people as well as dogs. We've slipped countless times on our behinds and god it kills!

The people who built this house used wall tiles on the floor (which is why it's so slippery) as well as the walls. Several things they did wrong.

Until we've got the funds to renovate the entire house and take up all the tiles and replace with something different, we're after an alternative until then which will benefit my dog and also ourselves.

I trim the hair around the pads on a very regular basis.

I had an idea! =]

You should go to the local floor surfacing company (the ones that pull back your carpet and do up your boards) and ask if you can buy some decent size carpets that they just rip up and throw out. My OH's FIL owns the local business here, and we got enough to cover our back entertainment area. :cry:

It's obviously not going to be fantastic, and not permanent, but it goes over our cement out the back great, and if you put rubber on the bottom of the carpet in the corners, i am sure it would stay still enough for you to walk on untill you get the floors done yourself. =]

Edited by Bonnie Parker