Black Lights

We have a house guest this weekend so, even tho' they are a doggie person visiting for a show, I like to make the place as pleasant as possible.

I went over the house carefully with a black light this evening to find and clean any peemail from our dog. I was happily surprised how little there was, I usually let my imagination run away with me about the house being a filth pit but I only found two light patches and a small dried puddle in a crate.

Except for one place - the kitchen. :)

There was stuff on the cupboards, stove and fridge that fluoresced but it wasn't pee like marking (clearly I have unclean cupboards tho' :o). Does food contaminated liquid fluoresce under the black light? Or do I have to resign myself to an awful truth that the kitchen is being creatively marked? :o I have treated all the fluorescing surfaces with an enzyme based cleaner, I just hate the idea of pee in my kitchen...

Maybe it is fat anbd blood prodcuts from food ??

That would definitely be my guess. If it was a pee spray, you could tell by it's shape, surely?

That's what I thought, and this is just the standard splash pattern you get from working in a kitchen. The kitchen also doesn't smell like pee, but I still get paranoid because I know people get used to smells.

Where do I get one? We have a sneaky little bugger who doesn't like to get her paws wet in winter - and our carpets are cream so we can't see it unless we put our foot in it!

Where do I get one? We have a sneaky little bugger who doesn't like to get her paws wet in winter - and our carpets are cream so we can't see it unless we put our foot in it!

The company that makes Urine-Off makes the black lights. You could ask around, do an internet search or contact the distributor. Hope that helps :laugh:

Edited by The Spotted Devil

I noticed that the black light will show up spilt laundry detergent so I am thinking that it may show up anything with ammonia in it which would explain why it shows up dog pee.

I know it shows up all the little white bits of fluff on the carpet that you can't normally see in daylight. :laugh: