Dog With Diahrea

Hi,

Yesterday one of my dogs has developed diarehea she didn't want to eat tea last night and this morning she just ate the rice i gave her. Shes not flat at all hooting around as though nothing is wrong just stops and has quite explosive diarhea gave her some lectade last night and this morning. Should i take her to the vets or see how she goes. I'd be rushing there is she was acting sick but besides the diarhea shes acting fine and i'm sure would love to eat more but i thought rice today and i'll buy some chicken and cook it up tonight for her add a little bit of that to the rice tommorrow morning. I hope i'm not be neglectful but also don't want to go to the vets for them to say keep up the fluids ans give rice and chicken for a few days.

I would fast the dog for 24 hours and if the problem continues, take her to the vet. Adding food to a upset gut doesnt' help.

If this is a pup we're talking about, I'd be going to the vet today. Dehydration can really knock them around. :banghead:

Hi,

He is a 2 year old girl still active acting like nothing wrong touch wood no diarhea since last night so the fasting is helping i think i'll give her some rice tonight and see how it goes my husbands taken our pup to the physio and i told him to let her know that out other dogs been sick just in case anything is catching. No one else is sick but just in case. I just wonder if she ate something weird my cats have been kindly bringing home dead mice that they have caught. We don't use rat sack or poisons and no neightbours for 5ks

She got alot worse so went to the vet got buscopan tablets that slow down the bowel some scourban to stop the diahrea and some bacteria to add to her chicken and rice shes ok then next day other dog got it and now my other dogs got it so we are quarantining ourselves from other dogs and washing hand metrioculaosly. Looks like they have a virus going through them no idea where our dogs got it from haven't been to a show since May and we live out of town closest neighbours about 2ks away so we must have walked it in from the shops or something just lucky we don't have puppies or really young dog. The seem to get over it quicly once they have a tablet and scourban.

The newest one to get it today had gone all through her run while we were at work so she will stay in the yard tonight shes actually acting pretty sore in her tummy where as the others didn't so no tea for her tonight shes already had her scourban and tablet and see how she goes hopefully she will be ok since its the weekend. So looks like all my dogs are going to get it not much point trying to quarantine the others although i have put the well ones in a different paddock tonight but probably too late to worry about it. Its not parvo no vomiting and no parvo smell plus they are all up to date with vaxs so must be like us humans get a gastro like bug scary

We have gone 2 days now with no one else getting sick so fingers crossed the other 2 that got it we treated as soon as they were symptomatic so cleared up in a day the one that had it on friday i gave her a small handfull of norma kibble in the chicken and rice last night so far so good so i'd say shes ok now the key seemed to be early administration of the scourban and they didn't have it for more than one day then so glad we live out of town so the bug should die out here. I was supposed to help at training on saturday but sent my apologies didn't want to go near any other dogs as we must have walked it in here so didn't want to sread it if the cvirus is still around