For The Love Of ...

I had to come home didnt I...

Can I say I'm frustrated, sick to death and about to cry

I had bought Eagle Pack (was on special!) and OH got a bag of RC for DD (thats Diesel to the uninitiated :eek:)

I just discovered he's tucked into the EP, must have been last night and today he's been licking and scratching himself while I've been at uni

P6160016.jpg

P6160015.jpg

he's welted himself up and he's itchy as buggery ... :laugh:

meds, bath, paw paw cream should fix it up in a few days but I'm so frustrated with it all. I hate seeing the poor bugger like this, he's farting away too so I know its the EP. His legs are giving him the shits too so its just more on top

:laugh:

Edited by Nekhbet

I have no idea. RC is the only food that doesnt do this to him although he is super sensitive after parvo virus as a pup he was 12kg at 6 months old.

I have had to give him a pain killer to stop him scratching he's going insane. arrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhh. why me.

yeah we have antihistamines (claratyne a no no with him) but it hasnt stopped the itching. I had to give him his old norocarp tablets, slather him in paw paw cream and keep telling him off for itching :(

yeah we have antihistamines (claratyne a no no with him) but it hasnt stopped the itching. I had to give him his old norocarp tablets, slather him in paw paw cream and keep telling him off for itching :(

That Resisoothe (oatmeal) lotion is good for itchies too. :laugh:

PF he's not called the million dollar rottie for nothing :( so far he has costed me thousands and we have found most commercial products do not work, my holistic stuff does fortunately! He actually itches from EpiSooth and Resi-Sooth work that out O_o

he'll have a chamomile bath in the morning when his skin has settled slightly. a good soak and more paw paw should reduce the welts the meds have knocked him out.

yeah he's on our bed taking up all the space ... well couch we cant afford to heat the whole house so we're on the fold out couch in the living room :laugh:

PF he's not called the million dollar rottie for nothing :( so far he has costed me thousands and we have found most commercial products do not work, my holistic stuff does fortunately! He actually itches from EpiSooth and Resi-Sooth work that out O_o

Ah, gold plated dogs.. every family has one. :):laugh: Glad you've found things that work.

Mandela's last major bout of hives resulted in them erupting and subsequently scabbing. They were large and weren't receding as I expected they might and as a few of them seemed to be infected, at the advice of Dr. Bruce Syme (Vets All Natural) I "bathed" him with a tea made from marigold flowers (Calendula) which I purchased from the local health food store ($8.00 a packet). I found the treatment not only reduced the scabs in size and cured the infections, but I also noticed that it helped reduce the other hives which had not at that time erupted. The improvement was noticeable inside 24 hours. Don't know if this would help your boy, Nekhbet.

By "bathing" I mean, having made up a tea (a couple of teaspoons of it in a stocking, steeped in boiling water for 5-10 minutes or more, then allowed to cool) I put it in a spray bottle, sprayed it on and then rubbed it into his wet coat. When I've only needed to do smaller areas, I've simply wiped the area over with some cotton wool balls that I'd dipped into the tea.

Edited by Erny

Im wondering now if EP is causing the redness around my boys mouth.... he has been flaking there for a while, doesnt cause him any distress but its all flaked off and red... Trying to remember when it started, and if it links up from when i changed him from Euk to EP