Obedience Trainers

I would not recommend Guard Dog Training Centre, do a search on here about them.

Is there a reason you want boarding and training as opposed to going to a club? Clubs train weekly all around Sydney, don't cost a lot of money, and train handlers and dogs together instead of someone else training the dog and then showing you what they've done. Training is a lot about the connection between dogs and handlers and about consistency in rewarding/correction.

If you really would prefer to send your dog to a centre, Pet Resorts Australia is Steve Austin's new place in Dural.

http://www.petresortsaustralia.com/

I second Kavik's question. What do you want to get out of the training? What is your goal?

ETA: Looking at the link in your OP, are you trying to train your dog for attack work?

Edited by huski

I would not recommend Guard Dog Training Centre, do a search on here about them.

Is there a reason you want boarding and training as opposed to going to a club? Clubs train weekly all around Sydney, don't cost a lot of money, and train handlers and dogs together instead of someone else training the dog and then showing you what they've done. Training is a lot about the connection between dogs and handlers and about consistency in rewarding/correction.

If you really would prefer to send your dog to a centre, Pet Resorts Australia is Steve Austin's new place in Dural.

http://www.petresortsaustralia.com/

not just a drop the dog of and come back in a few weeks,

not atack work, obed only

I second Kavik's question. What do you want to get out of the training? What is your goal?

ETA: Looking at the link in your OP, are you trying to train your dog for attack work?

i was looking at there obed, to pricey and they only work with the dog and not the handler aswell.

i dont want to send my dog anywere, i want to get some good training done with ME and my dog, but at a place that dose NOT discriminate agaist breed,

she knows the basics and is well behaved, but i see no harm in doing it

Pet Resorts Australia has lifetime training support for your dog if you do boarding and training through them :)

GDTC that you originally posted is also B&T. That is why I asked why you wanted Boarding and training?

Where are you located? Would you be interested in club training or one on one? I know both clubs for group club training and some private trainers that could do one on one training in the Sydney area :cheer:

Ok - what kind of obedience do you want to do? Would you like to work towards trialling with you pup? Are there behaviouial problems you want to work on?

just work on commands ect no trialling

Pet Resorts Australia has lifetime training support for your dog if you do boarding and training through them :)

GDTC that you originally posted is also B&T. That is why I asked why you wanted Boarding and training?

Where are you located? Would you be interested in club training or one on one? I know both clubs for group club training and some private trainers that could do one on one training in the Sydney area :cheer:

i dont want to board, one on one would be good aswell as small group

location is around the sydney city

Edited by APBT

If you are concerned about descrimination based on your breed (which is fair enough) maybe a private trainer would be best? club instructors are volunteers, and have varied views on things, I don't know of any clubs off hand which are particularly bull breed friendly, but I don't have a Bull breed so never had to deal with that. Maybe Ruthless knows? I think she goes to the one in Centennial Park with her Bull Breeds (Eastern Suburbs Dog Training?).

Private trainers I know that would not descriminate on breed are: K9 Force from this forum http://www.k9force.net/ and Nathan (you'll have to PM MonElite for his details, I don't have them off hand, can't remember his business name)

Edited by Kavik

ANKC affiliated clubs aren't actually allowed to take restricted breeds. It isn't up to the individual instructors.

I find that bizarre.

It is only encouraging people with restricted breeds not to train them.

I realize the ANKC doesn't want to look like it is condoning them but refusing to train them seems a bit ridiculous to me.

Edited by IggiePiggie

I think the main problem is getting insurance coverage for those breeds.

When I train at a VCA affiliated club, my insurance levy is covered by my membership fees in the VCA. The membership is conditional to me being covered by VCA insurance, or otherwise I pay a separate insurance levy at that particular club. I imagine state Canine Councils directives on this probably filters down from the national body.

Private clubs are generally happy to have the restricted breeds once their temperament is ascertained. But I can imagine if a Pit Bull (for example only) attacked a human or dog under my business name, I would be up poo creek as far as liability is concerned.

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

I understand its not viable for most clubs as its more expensive but i have insurance that specifically states we will be training and coming into contact with restricted breeds AND dangerous dogs. Its not always that someone dislikes certain breeds- it can definitely relate to their insurance.