Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

Hey Dotty! Another Aussie newbie - fantastic! And a red merle girl - wow!

Hopefully I won't be showing our gorgeous Viviane for a while because she has a belly full of puppies (everything crossed, find out next week), but look forward to having a youngster out there in a few months.

I am, however, hoping to have a baby Maremma here soon to fill the hole left by my beautiful Inca, and he/she is going to hit the show ring as well as look after the chooks. Maybe we can be newbies together in the Working Dog sweepies!

Look forward to meeting you and your beautiful Aussie when she arrives.

Great advice there, Bec.

I took Chester and Candy for their vaccs and chipping yesterday - Candy was very brave and Chester screamed like a little girl! He's the sensitive type! :) He got lots of cuddles afterwards, but I didn't stay in with him as I wanted him to blame the vets and not me for torturing him. I think it worked.

And Jess - Leo a tough guy? I'll take your word for it!

Deb

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fingers crossed for puppies Deb! We went to Adelaide last weekend to meet our little girl, she is a tuscamada puppy, so fingers crossed she passes her vet check next week.. Her photo is in the middle here, sold to Kristy:

http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/matt6850/mycustompage0004.htm

We also have a male Aussie, a pet who will be part of the cheer squad, with my OH. You can't miss him, he chewed his butt fur to pieces because he had a hotspot.. poor dear :) he also tries to impersonate a curly coat retriever, poor Sparky isn't the prettiest..

Newbies together in the sweepies sounds good.. Need all the help I can get!

When is the next show at Hillsborough? We tend to pop down on Sundays if there is a show on (I work saturdays)

Dotty,

There is a weekend full of shows in 2 weeks' time - 13th to 15th November (Friday to Sunday). We will look forward to seeing you on the Sunday then! I'm usually next to Bec at the toy ring (when not humiliating myself in the Working Dog ring).

I just had a peek at your little girl - she is beautiful! Is she being flown up for you, or are you going back to collect her?

Deb

Come on Nov 15th as Miss Morgan will be there :)

shhhhhh if you keep telling everyone you're going to be there I will have to wait in line for miss morgan pats and cuddles ;)

cross you fingers the superbrat behaves this time :) please please please let him walk a straight line :thumbsup:

We should be right to come out on the 15th.. We'll bring the badly behaved blue boy with us :) Can't wait to see Morgie again

She will be getting flown up.. We thought about driving down to get her back its a long way back over two days for the little tyke!

Yeah I am a tad slack arnt I!hehe!

Anyway seeings you will be there earlyish to see the aussies be sure to check us all out in sweepies (well, i hope everyone else is in sweepies) you can see how bootyful yet silly kite is and how much of a dork I look like when I run LOL.

Need to know what the go is for buladelah - can we set up our gazebos ect??

Yes to setting up gazebos, the rings are usually down the bottom of the hill and the show (as in rides etc.) are to the right of that (looking down the hill)...

Good question about Bulahdelah, Bec. Do we have to pay entry to the showground also?

No, you will get a pass with your exhibit numbers :rofl:

Just a word of warning to those of you attending Bulahdelah...if it has been raining before the show then be aware that the grounds where us dog show people park can be VERY boggy (a couple of years ago before owning a 4WD I had to be towed out by the tractor :rofl: )

It's usually hot and steamy so dont' forget all those things to keep humans/dogs cool :rofl:

Edited by Aziah

Thanks aziah :rofl: I think I will have to be there nice and early - will be the lost looking person. Carpark sounds like fun :rofl: I have a forester not a real 4wd but hopefully enough to keep us out of too much trouble. have already ordered no rain........its not my friend with a white coated dog.

Is it packed and squishy gazebo wise? How late does it run? do we share rings with other groups? It's usually us toys holding up things :rofl: loads of question I know I normally only venture to hillsborough and once to morriset :rofl: I so want to know how many are entered and who :rofl:

one more does tha pass cover hubby and the kids as they are part of the show crew too hubby sets up and packs down, kids spend the money and keep toby relaxed :rofl:

Need to know what the go is for buladelah - can we set up our gazebos ect??

Yes to setting up gazebos, the rings are usually down the bottom of the hill and the show (as in rides etc.) are to the right of that (looking down the hill)...

Good question about Bulahdelah, Bec. Do we have to pay entry to the showground also?

No, you will get a pass with your exhibit numbers :love:

Just a word of warning to those of you attending Bulahdelah...if it has been raining before the show then be aware that the grounds where us dog show people park can be VERY boggy (a couple of years ago before owning a 4WD I had to be towed out by the tractor :rofl: )

It's usually hot and steamy so dont' forget all those things to keep humans/dogs cool :)

Edited by angelsophie

Thanks aziah :rofl: I think I will have to be there nice and early - will be the lost looking person. Carpark sounds like fun :rofl: I have a forester not a real 4wd but hopefully enough to keep us out of too much trouble. have already ordered no rain........its not my friend with a white coated dog.

Is it packed and squishy gazebo wise? How late does it run? do we share rings with other groups? It's usually us toys holding up things :rofl: loads of question I know I normally only venture to hillsborough and once to morriset :rofl: I so want to know how many are entered and who :rofl:

one more does tha pass cover hubby and the kids as they are part of the show crew too hubby sets up and packs down, kids spend the money and keep toby relaxed :rofl:

There's plenty of room for gazebos and parking...

There will be 3 rings operating

* Toys, Gundogs & Hounds

* Terriers, Working Dogs & Non Sporting

* Utility

The schedule states "Exhibitors Free" how many people they let through in the one vehicle classes as 'exhibitors' I don't know but you might be lucky and they'll let you all through without a fee...if not, Adults $9.00, Children $3.00, Pensioners $5.00.