Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

We are out west so for us it will be Carcoar,

when the baby brat grows up a bit we will come in a few times to sydney...

I don't see any point travelling 4hrs when we don't get points yet but definitly want to see whats out there later and see how he goes :mad

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey steph - you were about to get in trouble if you called newy "country" lol :thumbsup:

Jessm - windy a lil dusty but fine so assuming show training is on. Was going to go early and meet tracey with the bichons foe extra practice but just got home and miss 6 has a temp of 40 and an earache so back to GP for her. Hubby should be home early so I can go to training though remember it starts at 6.30 due to day light savings from now on :mad

you up this way this weekend poocow? we are doing all 4 (theres a toy show too :scold: )

Hey steph - you were about to get in trouble if you called newy "country" lol :thumbsup:

you up this way this weekend poocow? we are doing all 4 (theres a toy show too :mad )

No Newy isnt country - I was referring to us going to Taree, Rylstone & Bathurst!

Nah am going to Berrima - down south, its on the way to Goulburn.

Good luck for your 4!

It was nice meeting you tonight Deb- I was scared Leo was going to break your babies though :cry:

I have to remember to take Leo for a few runs or atleast a walk before we go into the ring, I think he'll benefit from that and not be so hyperactive, seeing as he was doing quiet well on our second and third time in. I definitely need to invest in a better belt. And possibly some clothes. Argh I need something to wear. And shoes. It kills me, even the little time we are there, running in those converse. They are too flat and have no support at all.

Hi Jess

I only have 1 show outfit will need to get more for summer lol

Leo looked great tonight, and I have to admit I am a bit smitten with chester :cry: such a cuite. Toby came back on a high after getting his clap and then his cuddle from nicky lol am def glad we went tonight :mad

Bec

It was great meeting you and Leo too, Jess. He is such a lovely big squishy boy! This is turning out to be great fun!

Bec - you and Toby are really looking pretty good out there. He looked amazing when he was striding out on a loose lead, and so cute when he rushed in for those cuddles at the end! He knew he deserved them.

I learned so much tonight. Nicky is great! Now all I need to do is get my hands & feet co-ordinated and the pups might have half a chance of going round the ring okay, and standing nicely on the table. It was amazing to watch Nicky stack Charm straight away - she was like a different dog when handled by someone who knows what they are doing.

I know what you mean about the clothing, too. I have two outfits, although I'm now thinking that wearing black pants when showing a very small, black dog might not be the best idea as I'm sure she "disappears" against my legs when we are going around the ring. And they are my comfy ones too!

See you all on Friday!

Deb :cry:

Just listening in on your clothing conversations!

I had no idea things would get this indepth :laugh:

I guess I should think dark pants as my boy is a lighter colour, thanks for you help

even if you didn't know you were. :)

Now I know how clueless I looked when I said to an exhibitor at a show I was looking at

" I'm just going to do it for a hobby, It's not like it costs a lot when you are not that serious "

:happydance::thumbsup::cheer:

Okay, I thought I was only doing 3 shows at Hillsborough this weekend, but just got my numbers for the Friday PM show as well. Looks like we're doing 4 in 2 days (we can't do Sunday as the kids have their soccer presentation).

See you there! :laugh:

Okay, I thought I was only doing 3 shows at Hillsborough this weekend, but just got my numbers for the Friday PM show as well. Looks like we're doing 4 in 2 days (we can't do Sunday as the kids have their soccer presentation).

See you there! :grouphug:

I thought I entered friday morning but turned out I entered friday evening, saturday morning. And my receipt came back with a 5dollar balance because I overpayed them somehow :crossfingers: ..I'm not getting any better at this lol. There is 8 Bullmies entered friday pm show!

Undecided I thought it would be a nice little hobby aswell, turns out there is so much more involved cost wise then meets the eye, there is just so many things you realise you must have :laugh:

:laugh:

So I see .............ummm there's the show trolley (swore I'd never need one)!!

The gazebo....... (if I can muster a helper) maybe I can pay the teen sleeper that occasionally surfaces

Now the blunt end grooming scissors, new chair, smaller esky, number holder... ahhhhhhhhhhhh

I NEED IT !!!!! :laugh::(:rofl:

I can hear echos of my inner child!!!!

:)

So I see .............ummm there's the show trolley (swore I'd never need one)!!

The gazebo....... (if I can muster a helper) maybe I can pay the teen sleeper that occasionally surfaces

Now the blunt end grooming scissors, new chair, smaller esky, number holder... ahhhhhhhhhhhh

I NEED IT !!!!! :):):cheer:

I can hear echos of my inner child!!!!

LOL I can think of a few hundred more things to add to your list but wouldnt want to scare you LOL!

I swear every time we get another dog the stuff multiplies by ten actually just going to each show we seem to buy more and more stuff at the stalls! But I tell ya, any more pups and we are going to need a dog trailer which is no issue as I want one anyway but just cant find one I really like! :cheer:

Oh and now I really really need a hydrobath but thats a whole other story!

Kites coming to work with me all day friday so I can wash her in works hydrotub atleast she will have fun playing with a few of the good dogs! :laugh:

Edited by sammy_ballerina

See you there! :)

I thought I entered friday morning but turned out I entered friday evening, saturday morning. And my receipt came back with a 5dollar balance because I overpayed them somehow :) ..I'm not getting any better at this lol. There is 8 Bullmies entered friday pm show!

Undecided I thought it would be a nice little hobby aswell, turns out there is so much more involved cost wise then meets the eye, there is just so many things you realise you must have :laugh:

LOL yeah i thought it was going to be a fun hobby and I guess it is but it definately isnt a cheap bloody hobby!

Edited by sammy_ballerina

I thought I entered friday morning but turned out I entered friday evening, saturday morning. And my receipt came back with a 5dollar balance because I overpayed them somehow :rofl: ..I'm not getting any better at this lol. There is 8 Bullmies entered friday pm show!

I have a $20 credit balance with one club, and $30 with another club because I tried to enter one dog in 2 classes at each - eg. Open Bitch and Australian Bred Bitch. I thought you could enter them all - and you can - but it seems I'd be cutting my own throat for a chance at challenge somehow. :p ;)

At least overpaying is better than underpaying - I thought I'd paid for 3 catalogues at the last big weekend and had only paid for one - so had to scrounge off Bec to find out what was entered in the other shows because they wouldn't let me buy the other two! :p :laugh:

How did you guys go today??

I was planning on coming and finding you Bec and checkin out the Tobes after Leo was in the ring, but I got caught up with the bully people and Mel (she's 5months pregnant, and everything is an effort :rasberry: ..I will come say hello tomorrow because i'm going on my own (well, if you don't mind!)

We just got minor of breed by default :scared: but had fun :confused: ..No passing out, no falling down, and no losing my pants (although, nearly lol)..What made my day was when we stood for the judge, as he came over Leo sat down so he could get better access to his face for kisses, and then the judge lifted his bum back up and replaced his back legs- and there was absolutely no squealing at all! :lollipop: I was so happy with him! We had fun meeting the other bully people and getting advice and what not on how to run in a straight line. or a triangle :cheer: ..All in all it was a nice afternoon and I won't be so scared to get out there anymore!

So I get to have a little brag today :rofl:

Toby went Best of Breed WITH competition :rofl::laugh: :D

It took me a minute to realise she was pointing to us and hubby said he should have taken a pic of my face as I went from disbelief to OMG i just won lotto :rofl: Toby has celebrated in true style by playing with the empty toilet roll he has been eyeing off :rofl:

He is doing soooooooooo much better :rofl: was so proud of him today. The dog he was in challenge with he LOVES and goes nuts for. To keep him under control with Doc around is not easy.

It was also nice to have some other newbies celebrate our win - it was nice to hear Deb celebrating our win!

Bec