Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

Hey everyone..

we've just got our newest baby Wei 'Max' who is being shown. His first show is at Geraldton on the 24th October.

Here's a 9 week old photo of him stacked. I don't think he likes being stacked too much (well up on a table - probably height thing) starts shaking and sitting that pretty butt down! trying to make it as fun as possible and keeping sessions really short.

Have been reading with interest.

We love him veeeruh muchly!!

I saw your photos of the little fella over in general discussion, and he is absolutely gorgeous!!

Weis are gorgeous dogs. Is he from the same breeder as your other wei?

I do the same with Leo, just at random times ask him to stand for me, well, stand and let me stack him :)

Hope you hang around and keep us updated with how he is getting on ;)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow,

Have the power off for a couple of hours and look at this topic go!! Congrats on the gazebo, Bec. Are you setting up Friday? I am thinking of taking mine in, but now sure where to put it now because I'm showing the Aussie Shepherd in the working dog ring, and the min pin in toys. :) I feel more comfortable in the toy section at this stage so I might still set up there and just travel over to the working dog ring.

I am TERRIFIED about handling the Aussie - she is 3yo so will be up with the big guys, and I have NO handling experience at all, not to mention the grooming! I'm hoping we'll remember somewhere along the line that it's fun. :rofl:

Gee those OzTrail prices are good! I think I paid $199 for my compact. I went with the little one so that it would fit in the back of my Kluger - but now if we are showing more than one dog I'm going to have to tow the horse float anyway so the length probably didn't matter so much.

I can understand the worry about carting all the gear, undecided. I am hoping to get a show trolley soon, so that even if the dogs have to walk at least I can wheel most of the gear over in it/on it!

Great to see you in here, ange165. Max is very cute! He looks like he stacks so well for a baby!

Jess, do you have your numbers etc back for the Cessnock shows? Looks like there are two field spaniels entered in the Saturday shows!

Deb ;)

Hey Deb - yeah there are 2 Fields entered, Morgie will have competition!

I find my trolley invaluable for putting all the stuff in so I can wheel it to ringside. Plus its great for grooming on too.

I'm sure you will be fine with the Aussie. Set up in the Toy Ring and just walk down to the Working ring for the Aussies. They are early on so you won't clash.

yay just got numbers :) we are the only one on sat morning :laugh: but then we have 5 entered sat pm and sun am.

So.........I have really been concentrating on one foot in front of the other but what happens if we get awarded minor puppy and BOB for sat am. What do we go back in for?? Do we go in for best in group?? SACRY or minor puppy or both? Not that he would be a contender in group :wave:

Baby was so easy :thumbsup:

yay just got numbers :) we are the only one on sat morning :laugh: but then we have 5 entered sat pm and sun am.

So.........I have really been concentrating on one foot in front of the other but what happens if we get awarded minor puppy and BOB for sat am. What do we go back in for?? Do we go in for best in group?? SACRY or minor puppy or both? Not that he would be a contender in group :wave:

Baby was so easy :thumbsup:

If you get BOB you go in for Group. If the winner of Group comes out of Minor then you don't have to go back in. If it doesn't you go in for Minor in Group as well.

Think positive now Poocow! Gotta think positive!

Are you going to come up this way for any other shows?

Oh, and i'm not going to be at Cessnock Deb. If you were talking to me lol.

Our next show isn't until 16th oct. I think.

okay so gazebo vs car - gazebo won :rofl:

My kids are still in car seats/boosters - large ones at that so it was a squeeze and a real PIA, it was taller than me (not thats hard) so hubby took it back and swapped it for a standard 3x3 and wallkit for the same price :thumbsup: I think $170 for the standard 3x3 was a great price and it fits perfectly accross the boot and I can move it easily by myself. Our tarp is down already - hubby did that while I was at work to keep master 4 occupied

Deb will pm you where I am set up if youre interested

Bec

Just adding for Jess - I just put the gazebo up in the front yard up by myself and did it !!!! very easy if I can do it lol :laugh: took 1 min to pack away too :(

Bec

WOO HOO she is a diehard showy now :rofl::eek: :D

Good luck this weekend to you and Tobe's. Go get your first points girl ;)

Shes converted havahug!

I'll be cheering when she gets her first points with Toby!

Thank you poocow, wish we could be there for it, though she might get a little embarrassed so it is probably lucky we cant. We would be :laugh: and :D ing and :) ing :D

I am glad we gave her a little nudge into showing ;)

Sounds like she is having a ball.

Edited by havahug

little nudge???? ooohhh if thats little I would hate to see push :rofl:

Me......I will be cheering if the superbrat behaves himself long enough to make it through :D

They are predicting more dust tomorrow :D oh why oh why would that happen on the day I am showing my white dog :) His feet were orange after a walk yesterday

Oh and Havahug - I would love my breeder here for a show you could cheer as loud as you wish....although honestly you would be too busy laughing at me while we embarass you in the ring ;) You could make sure I am grooming him ok.

Bec

I spent half the evening washing and drying the Aussie. I am EXHAUSTED! I will wash the min pin in the morning, just so she's not smelly. 20 seconds, a wipe with a towel and she's done and dry! I should get more of them! :laugh:

Bec - I set my gazebo up next to your tarp today. Had to borrow a hammer from the nice people in the caravan as I forgot mine! I'm glad no-one was there to watch because it did take me a while to work out how to get the top struts up.....

The trickiest part I found at the last show was getting it exactly square to that I could get the attachable walls to zip up properly. I hope that next dust-storm that's on its way waits until at least Monday so we all get to enjoy our gazebos.

Good luck to everyone for the weekend!

Deb :bolt:

I spent half the evening washing and drying the Aussie. I am EXHAUSTED! I will wash the min pin in the morning, just so she's not smelly. 20 seconds, a wipe with a towel and she's done and dry! I should get more of them! :rofl:

Bec - I set my gazebo up next to your tarp today. Had to borrow a hammer from the nice people in the caravan as I forgot mine! I'm glad no-one was there to watch because it did take me a while to work out how to get the top struts up.....

The trickiest part I found at the last show was getting it exactly square to that I could get the attachable walls to zip up properly. I hope that next dust-storm that's on its way waits until at least Monday so we all get to enjoy our gazebos.

Good luck to everyone for the weekend!

Deb :laugh:

Me too deb :rofl: otherwise hubby will be dashing out to camping country to get another wall kit to fully enclose it :bolt: what time you heading out in the morning?? Hubby has put up gazebo for me today while I was at work. Been at work from 6am to almost 6 pm about to bath toby now - debated doing it in the morning but cant get up that early lol