Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We didnt show this weekend but we had obedience this morning and competed in handlers day. Tobes was great, they commented on how switched on he was and his instructors love him to bits. One of those days where I was so proud of him and can feel everything clicking and I am crossing my fingers that translates in the ring next time. It will be our last baby show!

AWESOME WIN BINDII AND FLETCHER!!! :thumbsup::cheer::champagne::cheer::champagne::cheer::champagne::cheer::thumbsup:

Bec

Kites last show in baby will be the hillsborough one at the begining of september and we are hoping that with all the training we are doing something in her head might click by then, her biggest issue atm is she loves all the dogs too much so as soon as she has to go in the ring with any other dogs she totally forgets how to run properly, silly goose! :rofl:

Congrats on your first show, Two Spirit!! Glad you had fun!! Next week will be much better - getting that 'first show' out of the way you'll feel great next week :champagne:

Fletcher and I had a great day today!!

23-08-09_1422.jpg

Best Minor Puppy in show at the Samoyed Club of Victoria Champ show! Was a big long day, but we all had so much fun, it was great seeing so many Sammies, and this is the first show Fletcher's breeders have been at with us and it was great :champagne:

Fletcher is such a good boy, very focused, very obedient, and very happy. I'm proud of my young man!! Really making me want another already... uh-oh!!

Also gunna chuck this photo in because i love it.

23-08-09_0934-1.jpg

Jess - Was it your first show this weekend?? How was it!?

Cassie, Poocow, Angelsophie - How did my fellow newbie pals go this weekend?

Congrads, Fletch is a pretty boy, and very clever by the looks of it!

Hey guys - are you showing at Hillsborough this weekend? My little Charm is in Minor Puppy now, and this time we shouldn't be the only Min Pin there.

By the way, I did ask a question in showing FAQ regarding setting up a gazebo but haven't seen an answer yet. If I intend to compete in all 3 shows over the weekend, is it okay to set up my gazebo early Friday as close to the ring as possible and leave it there all weekend? Do most people take their gazebos down (do they get stolen??) and maybe just leave a mat/tarp there - but does that then get moved by other people?

I will have my 3 children with me on Saturday and Sunday and as I'll be by myself looking after them I need to have them fairly close to the ring where I can keep an eye on them and the ring.

Any suggestions?

Deb :laugh:

Me and Taite did better on Saturday, he actually heeled and trotted and let his teeth be looked at and stood nicely even with other dogs near him, not something I could get him to do before. We only got baby puppy in his breed but I was happy with how we went. Not sure how we will do in the next show, have missed two show training classes so havent had a chance to practice much with him.

The gazebos from when I have gone some people set them up the night before and leave them dropped down and raise them on the day, I also see others mark out an area with rope and tent pegs so I think it is personal preference and depends on the rules of the grounds as well as to when you can set it up or not at the area.

Hey guys - are you showing at Hillsborough this weekend? My little Charm is in Minor Puppy now, and this time we shouldn't be the only Min Pin there.

Yay! I'm not the only new-ish showie with a Min Pin as well! He will be Minor Puppy very soon in the October shows!

How are you doing with your little baby? Is it nice to the judges? lol

I took my Min Pin to his first show (A Members Comp), and let say he was a very naughty and showed his dislike to being touched by the judges! I was in tears that night wondering what happened to the little angel that I see all the time! Some thought Clancy was just testing my patience and persistence!

I've been told they would embarrass you, and boy they were right! :thumbsup:

Did you get any in group awards so far? or just Baby of Breed! I'm curious about your experiences so far, as I am preparing for Clancy first show next Saturday! Fingers crossed he will be nice to the judge!

Edited by Tambaqui

Okay was the lovely Morgan a few dogs dog from us in baby sweepies this arvo?? And if so how did you go in the end? I couldnt stay as I had to meet hubby and the kids down the other end.

Toby got baby of breed - no surprise but the judge was nice and thorough. He did NOT walk well at all and for breed when he tabled he anticipated the judges approach and got so excited. He thinks its soooooooo much fun i fear he shall never take it seriously :rofl: but hey he wasnt shy and doesnt mind being examined, just wants to kiss them!

Jess YAY!! the first will be great - you'll feel so much better after that!

The Ark - Thanks for the chat this arvo - I didnt feel like such a nigel no friends since the kids only came for 1/2 an hour :rofl: I have to say from where I was standing the judge was seriously considering charm for (I think it was minor in) group. Any other results in?

Bec

Hey everyone,

Well done Bec - Toby looked very well behaved to me! And I also wondered if that was Morgan in baby sweeps?

Tambaqui - awesome to hear from another Min Pin newbie. Charm did have a little snap at the judge today, and the judge pulled her hands away quickly which scared me a bit but she was just giving Charm a bit of space. The judge was very nice about it, and excused Charm for being a baby (well, a minor who acts like a baby). I ended up showing her teeth for the judge, and the judge said that was okay - she just then put her hands over the rest of her which Charm was then alright with. I love my Min Pins, but they aren't like all of the other cute and cuddly puppies around who just want to lick everybody they see (like Toby). Where do you show, and are you going to the Min Pin specialty in Sydney on 10th October? We'll be there.

Charm ended up with Minor Puppy (Breed), Reserve Challenge Bitch and Runner-Up Best of Breed (out of 3 entries). It was great to not be the only Min Pin there today, and actually get a real placing even if it didn't get her any points, and thanks to Bec I realised we actually got ribbons which my kids were very excited about. I wasn't game to look at the judge in Group because Charm was pretending to be a kangaroo - I think she spent at least 10 seconds entirely on her back legs.

I had a great day. I set up next to two lovely ladies, one of whom I'd seen at my first show. Then meeting Bec and having someone to chat with really made it fun. I also got to help out with a couple of very cute Aussie Shepherd pups in the working dog ring while I was waiting for Charm's class. Now I know what I'm in for when we show our Aussie girl in a few weeks.

Good luck to everyone for the rest of the weekend.

Deb :rofl:

hey deb-

I was just wondering if you got your ribbons - Toby had to go into the kids rooms and sit on their beds and show his ribbon to them when we got home :rofl:

did you get them last time and your challenge certificate? If we dont make it tomorrow I will drop the catalogue off for you :rofl:

Bec

Hey everyone,

Well done Bec - Toby looked very well behaved to me! And I also wondered if that was Morgan in baby sweeps?

Tambaqui - awesome to hear from another Min Pin newbie. Charm did have a little snap at the judge today, and the judge pulled her hands away quickly which scared me a bit but she was just giving Charm a bit of space. The judge was very nice about it, and excused Charm for being a baby (well, a minor who acts like a baby). I ended up showing her teeth for the judge, and the judge said that was okay - she just then put her hands over the rest of her which Charm was then alright with. I love my Min Pins, but they aren't like all of the other cute and cuddly puppies around who just want to lick everybody they see (like Toby). Where do you show, and are you going to the Min Pin specialty in Sydney on 10th October? We'll be there.

Charm ended up with Minor Puppy (Breed), Reserve Challenge Bitch and Runner-Up Best of Breed (out of 3 entries). It was great to not be the only Min Pin there today, and actually get a real placing even if it didn't get her any points, and thanks to Bec I realised we actually got ribbons which my kids were very excited about. I wasn't game to look at the judge in Group because Charm was pretending to be a kangaroo - I think she spent at least 10 seconds entirely on her back legs.

I had a great day. I set up next to two lovely ladies, one of whom I'd seen at my first show. Then meeting Bec and having someone to chat with really made it fun. I also got to help out with a couple of very cute Aussie Shepherd pups in the working dog ring while I was waiting for Charm's class. Now I know what I'm in for when we show our Aussie girl in a few weeks.

Deb ;)

Hi,

Yes thanks Bec I did get the ribbons - she got 3: blue one for class, then one for Reserve Challenge Bitch and one for R/U BOB. I didn't realise that we got ribbons at the last show so I didn't ask, but we did pick up our Challenge Certificate for that one as she got 6 points (only one there!). Thanks for offering to drop in the catalogue, but please don't make a special trip. You are busy enough!

Poocow - congratulations on the shortlist for sweeps and Baby Puppy in Group. That's great!

Looking like a lovely day here. Have fun everyone.

Deb :cheers:

Hey everyone,

Deb :happydance2:

Awww your Min Pin isn't so nice too lol! Makes me want to cuddle Charm more! At least the judge was nice about it to you and willing to compromise by letting you open his mouth and check her teeth. One judge told me that I needed to get my dog under control or there'll be problems (Or along that line) and another judge showed her fear to him making it worse for him to be handle by me. It left me disappointed in the end, but I let that be a lesson and had identified the things I needed to work on! Have you tried getting different people to touch and handle Charm on the table? Probably the best advice anyone has given us and it works a treat! (Food rewards helps upon behaving and being receptive to being handled by strangers).

I've been doing that at the last Obedience training and he was slowly getting better, he didn't snap at anyone but he was trembling, but we worked on his confidence levels on the table outside. Also he is just starting to stand there without being held by me and just focused on my finger.

I am from Victoria, so we won't be able to travel to Sydney for the Specialty show, but down here we have two back to back Specialty show, the United Pinscher Club of Victoria and the Miniature Pinscher Club of Victoria (Both on 31st of October and 1st of November respectively). Should be good! I can't wait to catch up with Clancy's breeder and see his litter brother!

But at the end of day congrats on BOB! Despite there being no challenge, but the fact that the Judge gave it to you is better than non-awarded. At least your little Charm is on it's way! :cheers:

Edited by Tambaqui