angelsophie

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

come on poocow - wheres your brag!! :laugh:

Miss Morgan is stunning steph and you show so well together!

:driving: :p :driving:

Thanks Bec :laugh:

Morgie had a great weekend.

Friday - Baby Puppy in Group, shortlisted for sweepies

Sat AM - Baby of Breed

Sat PM - Baby of Breed

Sunday - Baby of Breed, 1st in 3-6 month sweepies

Everyone gone into hiding?!

:) we are off to stay at Leos breeders tonight then an early morning to drive down on sat. I'm so nervous/stressed (suffering anxiety/panic attacks doesn't really help in these situations!). I haven't slept for three nights and feel sick it's borderlining pathetic ;)

We got his crate today too- I think the measurements on the site were wrong it is bloody ginormous, i'm not sure if it's going to fit in my car! :rofl:

I'm a bit paranoid as well cause Leo is having a bit of a growth spurt and has really shot up, and he is looking a bit lean, I don't know what i'm worried about I just am.

We still aren't the brightest cookies in the jar, the little man has as little idea of what he's meant to be doing as I am, I hope his breeder isn't embarrassed ;) ..But he has fun and is the sweetest little thing going.

Anyway, enough of my whinging! Hope everyone does well this weekend :mad

congrats poocow!

Jess you should be fine, I was so nervous my first go but before I went in the breeder told me that it doesnt matter what anyone thinks at the end of the day it is me and my dog and I am the one who has to live with him and if I am happy with whatever happens that is all that matters, not to pressure myself to have a perfect puppy, it relaxed me a bit especially when Taite decided to bunny hop instead of trot around the ring.

We have our third show on Sunday, Non Sporting at Erskine Park. I am a bit nervous it is Taite's first time in sweepstakes but I am sure we will do fine, he has taken to ignoring me a little bit lately since he got himself a taste of some cheese, will need super tasty treats lol.

Good luck, Jess. That's great that you get to see your breeder.

We're not doing Morriset, but might duck down for a look. We are doing the Saturday Cessnock Dog Club show at Hillsborough the following weekend (I think that's when it is).

Deb :)

So whos doing Morriset next weekend?

Nope I'll be at Bathurst.

Is that Kite's last BP?

Nope it will be her first go in minor puppy :laugh:

Good luck, Jess. That's great that you get to see your breeder.

We're not doing Morriset, but might duck down for a look. We are doing the Saturday Cessnock Dog Club show at Hillsborough the following weekend (I think that's when it is).

Deb :D

Deb - I'll be doing the Cessnock Sat AM & PM shows too :(

We arnt doing the cessnock shows... the why is a long silly story :D

But we are doing some more shows at hillsborough in mid october and I have no idea what else we are doing LOL! Was ment to be doing Kootingal soon but we arnt now...unfortunately!

Sammy I think we are destined not to meet lol. I tried to enter the morriset but was a little late with entries - long story my bad. I wish we were though it would have been our first in minor too :)

We will be in the cessnock shows though :)

Our trainer/judge is back so we hit show training again last week - Toby repeated his horrible show walk - and decided to muck up on the table - well Nicky soon fixed that :laugh: Got the brat walking and tableing ok in the end. It appears I will be reverse handling him which should be hillarious - I only just learnt which way to go normally :laugh: I think it works more on confusing him just enough he forgets to play up - he walked a beautifully straight up and back. He does however have the title of "the naughty one" in his show class. Yet in obedience class he does well????? Not sure if we can make training this week as my daughter and i are both on tamiflu for suspected swine flu so will see what happens. Toby though is very attentive and is refusing to go play or walk with the boys which is kinda cute.

Deb we should get the gazebos side by side for the kids! they'd enjoy that and we could watch over them for each other while in the ring.

the cessnock shows will see us all in minor by the sounds - scary :rofl:

Deb we should get the gazebos side by side for the kids! they'd enjoy that and we could watch over them for each other while in the ring.

the cessnock shows will see us all in minor by the sounds - scary :thumbsup:

That sounds great, Bec. I just had to run and check that I had entered the am & pm Cessnock shows (after reading poocow's post) - phew, I sent them both. So it would be great to get set up together.

Wow - so many minors! That sounds like fun.

Deb :rolleyes:

Yesterday was a big long day for us! But the wee man was so well behaved, i'm so proud of him!

It was great having our first show at the Bullmastiff Champ Show, we got to meet a lot of lovely doggies! So many Bullys, I was in heaven! We met his Grandmother and Grandfather too (is is aust grand champion, to die for! :) )

While we were practising he was being the BIGGEST terd ever! But when he got in the ring he only bounced around a little trying to play with all of the other puppies and then was such a well behaved boy!

We got

Best Baby Puppy Dog and

Best Opposite Baby Puppy

:o

When he came out of the ring he was so happy with himself and I was so proud I felt like crying a little :(

We won a bottle of wine, some dog food and an apron :o. At presentation my breeder told everyone I was just a new member and every one was patting me on the back saying congrats and what not I was so :)

I still chickened out, and his breeder ended up handling him for me, but I did see that it wasn't that scary and I think I will be able to overcome the nerves! We will be at morriset this saturday, and his breeder said she is going to handle him for me in that one too, but then I think I am going to take over ;) !

One thing I wasn't happy about was when Leo was in his crate someone let their dog come over and sniff and then it tried to have a go and ripped a little hole in the mesh :) ..All on the first time it's been used!

It was such a long, hot day out there, but like I said he was perfectly behaved!

Oh, you guys who go to hillsborough show training, whens the next one and is it just turn up kind of thing? I think we might try it rather then down here, as there are only two other dogs in the class, and I think it will do him a load of good to be around more, is there a good turn out there? and the dogs at ours have behavioural problems (DA and aggressive towards the 'judge') I just don't want Leo to pick up these bad behaviours, am I just being paranoid or could he?

Well done, Jess. Pardon my ignorance, but what is "Best Opposite Baby Puppy"? I'm still getting all of this straight in my head. I envy all the newbies who have their breeders close by - mine is hours away! It must be lovely to have that support close by when you are starting out.

What a shame about your crate - did the other person apologise at all?

Deb

It's more often called 'challenge' not opposite I think, just means he got a second out of all the puppies, bitches and dogs combined.

Yeh my breeder is only an hour and a bit away (still a bit out of my way, but not too far) the show was in syd, so I drove down to hers the night before so I didn't have to get up an extra hour early in the morning (having to get up at 4:30am was enough for me thanks!)

They apologised about the dog being nasty to Leo, I don't think they noticed the hole, I didn't until a while after. Atleast it wasn't the canvas, if the hole gets bigger the mesh can always be replaced more easily I guess. I love love love the crate though, it's so much bigger then I imagined! me and the boy can sit in there together! Lol. Until he gets big ofcourse!

ETA: don't worry about not knowing, I am completely useless with all the jargon as well, i'm forever asking "and what does this mean?!"

Edited by Jessm

Hillsborough show training is on this week. It was on last week too but Nicky did two in row as she was away in the UK.

Its at six pm - I think ring five but its the only one with lights on and you'll see everyone. I may be there it depends. Technically I can go because I would have been on Tamiflu the full time required, will see how I feel. If I am I will be the one looking for the extra leads for the kids lol. If I am there and you recognise the superbrat make sure you say hi Jess.

Its very casual, just let em know your new ask where the sign in sheet is and sign in and pay then you jump on the end of the line. You table or stack while nicky is finishing of the one before. When she looks at your dog let her know your new ect.

BTW it was SOOOOOO good to hear all went well and well done on the results!! We're not at morriset but will we see you at hillsborough after that??

Bec

It's more often called 'challenge' not opposite I think, just means he got a second out of all the puppies, bitches and dogs combined.

Yeh my breeder is only an hour and a bit away (still a bit out of my way, but not too far) the show was in syd, so I drove down to hers the night before so I didn't have to get up an extra hour early in the morning (having to get up at 4:30am was enough for me thanks!)

They apologised about the dog being nasty to Leo, I don't think they noticed the hole, I didn't until a while after. Atleast it wasn't the canvas, if the hole gets bigger the mesh can always be replaced more easily I guess. I love love love the crate though, it's so much bigger then I imagined! me and the boy can sit in there together! Lol. Until he gets big ofcourse!

ETA: don't worry about not knowing, I am completely useless with all the jargon as well, i'm forever asking "and what does this mean?!"

Thanks for the explanation, Jess. So much to learn! Hopefully we'll get to see you at Hillsborough.

Deb :)

We got

Best Baby Puppy Dog and

Best Opposite Baby Puppy

:eek:

When he came out of the ring he was so happy with himself and I was so proud I felt like crying a little :cheer:

:):eek::cry::eek:

Well done!! GO LEO!!! Really good to hear that it didn't look so scary after all!! You'll definitely have to give it a go, it's addictive! Wait till you're handling him and he wins something - they you *will* cry!!

Latest news from me - i forgot to enter yesterday's show but wanted to get a practice in before this Friday (Royal Melb!) so we went along to the Bass Valley members comp on Thursday night. It was really nice to have such a relaxed show as a practice - and even better to go home with Best in Group :cheer: It'd been 3 weeks since the last show, but luckily Fletcher remembered what to do! So proud of the young fella!

So now it's just time to prepare for Friday - I'm so excited!!! :laugh: