Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

thanks poocow

we had small wins in that he wasnt freaked out in the in group line up this time and remained quite still. I will admit thought it was a long day for a baby and he was over it by the baby in group of the second show. But he behaved well around other dog was happy - but stil a brat on the table (we have now faced three judges and all three have had their faces licked :happydance: although the last judge said not to correct yet as he was having a great old time on the table.) seriously he was still until he saw them approach and then it was bum wagging galore ;) Two more lessons learnt today - the wind is NOT my friend and his til wagging is great.....for everything except his part. My next one is going to be a dark solid colour like morgan with low grooming :winner:

BTW how much grooming do you/will you need to do with Morgan?

Bec

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Bec - were you in the red suit? I wasn't sure if that was you or not, but I did note the cute black & white fluffball on the leash, and saw the bum wagging on the table. He looked so happy to be there! And I saw him standing so nicely a few times, I was very impressed. If that was you, I'll know who to say hi to next time.

We got some points yesterday - Charm was the only min pin (again) and because she is now a minor she got BOB. I was really surprised there weren't any others there. Maybe next time.

We missed sweepstakes because I thought they ran 6-12 months AFTER 3-6 months, not at the same time. Now I know!

And I was going to buy a gazebo yesterday, but there was nobody there selling them!

You are so lucky living 5 minutes away. We are about 40 minutes away, which still isn't too bad but makes juggling 3 kids etc a bit tricky. Lucky my husband did a fantastic job of that, even though I forgot to take my phone with me and he had no idea what time I was finishing.

I learned lots of lessons yesterday. I think from now on I'm going to have a "show checklist" with all the important stuff listed on it - eg. numbers, water bowls, mobile phone - all the stuff that should be easy to remember but may get lost in the mayhem of getting ready.

I look forward to meeting you and some other people at the next Hillsborough show.

Deb ;)

red jacket black pants clueless.;) that was me and toby. He was inside out with the wind at times. I also needed to get a gazebo. The camping shops around here sell them too i think. We had the little pop up tent which did us both nicely as the kids came and went with hubby due to soccer and parties. Congrats on the first points we have one more baby puppy show till we are in with the big boys. Do make sure you say hi next time i only know one person and saw a few from show training.

Bec

The only one I know that sells gazebos is the rug guy, he was up in Taree and is at EP too. I got my oztrail from a boating store.

Re grooming Morgan, at the moment it's ok because she doesn't have much fur. I just neaten up her feet and clip her front underneath her chin and do her ears too. Easy to keep on top of as we show most weekends. Once she's fully in coat it will take longer.

Thanks Bec, Ceilidh, & poocow. I will definitely say hello next time. I saw the kids and the tent - it looked like they were having fun.

I think Great Rugs is the one that was at Taree - they had pretty good prices. I'm going to do a ring around the camping stores (and Bunnings) this week because I'd like to get one before the next Hillsborough show so that I can practice putting it up before I get there!

Deb :thumbsup:

Yes the daggy tent stood out like a sore thumb but it did us well and allowed toby to be a puppy on the loose in it so he wasnt confined too much all day. It gave him the shelter we needed he has a massive K9 soft crate in it and a little grooming table my chair cooler bag ect. It was only the skin kids who uspset our little setup! :thumbsup: My furkid was much better behaved yesterday!

I think I remember seeing your little one curled up in your arms??

Weeee Fletcher and I had a good day!

He was the only Minor Puppy Samoyed, so got that automatically and nothing for group.

BUT The utility dog club had a member comp which i had forgotten about! Had to enter him in puppies, I think cos there were no other minor puppies, or maybe they were just combining them. I wasn't sure how we'd go cos he's only 6.5 months - but he won Best Puppy Dog and then got Runner-Up Puppy In Group (went to a very pretty black miniature schnauzer bitch) I was so proud of my young man! It's the most competition we've had - i think there were 8 puppy dogs all up, quite a shock!

Here's a crappy phone photo

16-08-09_1119.jpg

How are all the other newbies going??

Edited by Bindii

Hi Everyone,

I am new to dog showing, I used to show horses b4 kids but no longer have the time nor the energy, hence Diesel. He is a nine month old SBT, and we are going to our second show next Sunday 23rd at Erskine Park. I am already nervous just thinking about it. If anyone else is going please come and say HI (i will be the one with the big 'L' on my back). Congrats to everyone with their results. Cass :laugh:

Hey guys glad everyone is going well, I think our next big shows are hillsbrough and morriset? So will probably see a few of you at them then I think we are off and out to Kootingal (near tamworth sorta) which should be a fun little adventure LOL!

Hi all :confused:

I was one of those people who would always say I would never set foot in a show ring, dont know what's happen but now I really want to start showing :whisper: Only problem is I dont have a dog to show :o I'll be going to a local show to watch next weekend and I know that will only make me want to show dogs even more!

We have our first show sept 12 :o it's a Bullmastiff specialty show so we will meet all the other Bully people.

Leo still doesn't quiet grasp the concept of everything (neither do i for that matter! :confused: ) so we'll see how it turns out! But I just heard back from our breeder and she is going to enter Leo's daddy in it too, so she'll be there to show me the ropes and what not and if I want she said she will handle Leo for me. It's in Sydney somewhere too I think..So I will also have to shake the nerves of driving through the city! This will be the only show we will do in sydders I think. Too far away!

And well done Fletch! He is getting big and looking all grown up! :whisper:

Oh and thanks for all the help Bec. I'm still pretty useless and working things out but hopefully one day i'll get it! haha.

Yeah Kootingal is on the other side of Tamworth. I went Jillaroo-ing out there.

I'll see you up at Hillsborough in the first week of September.

Yeah we wanted to do the kootingal show last year but never got there apparently its a good one, I certainly hope it is.

Yep I think we are doing a couple of shows at hillsbrough over the next month or two and theres a ig 3 dayer at morriset too.

Good luck, Jessm. That would be awesome to have your breeders there, and have them offer to handle! Mine lives about 7 hours away.

I'm going to the Kootingal show, as my mum & dad live in Tamworth so it's a great excuse for a visit (free babysitting, too!).

It's all very exciting!!

Deb :)