Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

Im at Kurri and Sammy is at Cessnock so its a fair drive for us too.. maybe we could meet somewhere further towards the middle for all of us.. although not sure where that would be. We definately need to meet up again Once the pups are big enough to come out to play.

Pooey I dont do Saturday shows as I work, Hillsborough was an exception due to the baby shower.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I might be up for abit of training, Im abit busy this week thou so maybe next week. Doubt I will even make training this tuesday Dotty, I was working and might have been home in time but now im not working I'm BBQing and heading to the beach!

I would say at least 12 weeks Erin, after the last shots etc.

Doesn't stop you from doing some lead work at home, the babies usually have collars on from young ages to get them used to having something around their neck, and when we are home put a lead on them and let it drag behind them, pick it up every now and then and call them and make them fun to follow you while you hold it. Simple, fun stuff to start off with.

She's already pretty good on a lead. I started off with a material collar and put a thin check chain on her today. She trots along lovely on a lead without a worry about it being there. Although, she does try and grab it to put in her mouth and walk along.

I'll be buying a proper show chain and lead this weekend when we head to Durack.

I might just start doing some proper lessons with the breeder and hope she'll be good in the ring for her first show!

Edited by ~Erin~

That's just a puppy thing. At my last show Ben the Beagle decided to be a poo head for me, basically he wanted to show on a full loose lead and I had it a little too tight for him so he crabbed. He was fine after the first time around though when I worked it out, just got to work out what they like.

Took my old Beagle for a walk yesterday and at 12 he still struts around with his head up and tail wagging like in the show ring. Very cute.

Well guys, I met my little girl today, gave her some big cuddles... she is wonderfully outgoing, very inquisitive and I think she is going to be a terror lol. So, she'll be definately coming here on Thursday, I pick her up at 10am. For those that haven't stalked, lol. I am getting a LH Weimaraner.

GoldieGirl, Luci started up her classes from last Week. So you would be set to come and check it out this week before your pup arrives if you so wish.

Luci encourages newbies using a non show dog to get used to rather than confussing a brand new show pup while you sort yourself out first. She also encourages pups coming as soon as you can even just to socialize. So it's up to how you feel about bringing a young dog out. We see 9-10 week old pups turning up a lot lately who just sit ring side to get a feel of being around a group of all sorts of different breeds.

Oh and congrats on your new pup. I hope to see you out at Lucis as Poocow and I go together with our dogs.

if he is well behaved and you can conroll him on a normal collar, by all means it is fine. While you are learning it shouldn't matter what the lead looks like. You just need control of the dog so you can concerntrate on what YOU should be doing.

We will be there on Wednesday ;) it's $11 and goes from 7:30 until about 9ish with a tea break in the middle.

Either his own collar or a light chain would be fine as long as you're in control.

Morgie is the welcome dog for a lot of new pups as she's so gentle. Last week there was a GSD pup she got to say hello to.