Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

Show training goes back tonight :flame:

Hope there's no new puppies to make me clucky :)

LOL what show training do you go to poocow? I was reccomended on in sydney, apparently the lady is very good and its worth the drive ;)

Because show training is really worth a 4 hour return trip for when you can walk around the corner :rofl:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Show training goes back tonight :)

Hope there's no new puppies to make me clucky :rofl:

LOL what show training do you go to poocow? I was reccomended on in sydney, apparently the lady is very good and its worth the drive :eek:

Luci Ellem :o she loves the moo

yes that was her! :flame:

Show training goes back tonight ;)

Hope there's no new puppies to make me clucky :eek:

LOL what show training do you go to poocow? I was reccomended on in sydney, apparently the lady is very good and its worth the drive :o

Because show training is really worth a 4 hour return trip for when you can walk around the corner :(

:rofl: geez your right show training is quite handy to me isnt it LOL when rebel was being hard work thou a few people said maybe i needed extra help and that lucci who poocow goes to was very good at what she does and it might be worth the drive :( . Anne ended up being helpful thou and Rebel came round...abit! :)

Luci is excellent!

Morgie will be sad to not go when I get the new pup. Moo is a wiggle bum when luci is around, she just loves her.

:) Cant you take both? I will still be taking kite when pointee number two bounces's along... ;) Kite will be so excited to have a pointee friend to play with she needs it, she needs some one else to bash up other than sparkle and Peachy :flame:

Luci is excellent!

Morgie will be sad to not go when I get the new pup. Moo is a wiggle bum when luci is around, she just loves her.

:) Cant you take both? I will still be taking kite when pointee number two bounces's along... ;) Kite will be so excited to have a pointee friend to play with she needs it, she needs some one else to bash up other than sparkle and Peachy :flame:

I just figured Moo would get upset sitting on the sidelines.

They get over it soon enough :) Peach is a tanty thrower too.. Even our show trainer said yesterday that she was glad to see peach not be such an angel because she was jumping all over Sparky and trying to pull his ears off :flame:

On the subject of training - Ash you really need to come to newcastle the superbrat was an honest to goodness angel last night! responded to a correction when given and we had a fill in trainer who hadnt seen him for a few months and was shocked at how good he was LOL

Even behind and in front of other dogs!!

Poocow -

have you figured out what show moo should title at? Hope its one down this way :eek: will be a very exciting day. As for the trainer - have you ever met anyone who doesnt love Moo?? One look from her and everyones a goner :rofl:

140 points is awesome!

Bec

On the subject of training - Ash you really need to come to newcastle the superbrat was an honest to goodness angel last night! responded to a correction when given and we had a fill in trainer who hadnt seen him for a few months and was shocked at how good he was LOL

Even behind and in front of other dogs!!

I have considered coming every now and then I might come one day see if I can learn anything new. I like where I go now but always good to learn as much as possible! :rofl:

Poocow -

have you figured out what show moo should title at? Hope its one down this way :eek: will be a very exciting day. As for the trainer - have you ever met anyone who doesnt love Moo?? One look from her and everyones a goner :rofl:

140 points is awesome!

Bec

Luci doesn't love everyone, just Moo lol.

Not sure as the Royal is straight after her bday and she won't get any points there.

When is gunnedah?

Poocow -

140 points is awesome!

Bec

Luci doesn't love everyone, just Moo lol.

Not sure as the Royal is straight after her bday and she won't get any points there.

When is gunnedah?

Gunnedah isssss 23rd 24th and 25th april

Hi all the ex-beginners who are now seasoned showies :) .

I am a new beginner this year and I have a Chesapeake Bay Retriever called Lincoln. I have had him home for just over a week now and he is settled enough that I want to try some more formal training, especially in regards to stacking.

What worked best for you guys? When he is old enough he will be going to show training but until then I want to start off at home. I have been practicing troting him on a lead for a couple of mins each day and I have been working on a more informal stand command.

Here is the little guy doing an informal stand:

P1192050.jpg

Hi all the ex-beginners who are now seasoned showies :cheer: .

I am a new beginner this year and I have a Chesapeake Bay Retriever called Lincoln. I have had him home for just over a week now and he is settled enough that I want to try some more formal training, especially in regards to stacking.

What worked best for you guys? When he is old enough he will be going to show training but until then I want to start off at home. I have been practicing troting him on a lead for a couple of mins each day and I have been working on a more informal stand command.

Here is the little guy doing an informal stand:

P1192050.jpg

He's gorgeous ......... congratulations ;)

I'm new too, and after being told not to teach a 'sit' command before we got our puppy, it just sort of happened :rofl: She copies our older dog and now sits beautifully :( . Our first show entry has been sent and so now I'm desperately trying to change the sit into a stand, poor girls a little confused ;) . My breeder is over east but her friend is here in wa and is giving me some tips....... one is to get a mirror to check the stack, keep checking in his mouth, say 'mouth' and get other people to do it too. Good luck :)