17wk Old Needs To Be Crated For 2 Wks :(

raffikki

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Aziah :cry:

Yeah, I saw her go, she'd not really allowed to move around too much so I have to carrier her to toilet and bring her back in side.

I think she's still learning to hold on and then let it all out in one hit, and I'm learning her signals at the same time :cry:

Today has been so much better :confused:

I have emailed with her breeder and she suggested removing the bedding when I give her treats to chew as she might have been smelling the food stuff on it. It also makes it easier for her to get hold of the chews too.

I'm kicking myself that I hadn't thought of that before now :bolt:

As well as removing her bedding, I found a baby back tooth in her crate when I was cleaning it out this morning, so I'm thinking maybe that also had something to do with her behavior. When she was digging she was also rubbing her face into the bedding.

Hi Shellectra :thumbsup:

What I thought was the halfway mark has now changed :cooldance:

She had her stitches out yesterday and the vet said to keep her confined for another 2 weeks :thumbsup::)

Hi harlosmummy :lollipop:

I wish I could offer you some great advise, but just when I think things are going really good with us, something happens.

Yesterday was a shocker with Electra peeing in the crate a number of times, even though I took her outside every hour :champagne:

She has also started a kind of cry/howl which is almost as heart breaking as the soft cry in the beginning :p

One thing that does keep her occupied for a while is a kong with a tiny bit of Vegemite smeared around the inside.

Her breeder suggested it, saying "vegimite lasts longer because they cant eat a lot as once because it tastes feral lol but they cant resist the smell so they keep licking at it(just make sure u offer water after they have had the kongs)"

You sound like you are doing a fantastic job!! Poor puppy sounds like she is doing it hard, If only we could make them understand it is for thier own good!!

Keep up the good work!!