Ok- I Am Ready To Be Criticised...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is definitely fine! :laugh::

I am using a walking stick at present.. so can't walk far/fast.. this afternoon he took off and dug almost to China after a rabbit .. he'd look up every so often, just to check I was still around.. then head down, clouds of dust.... wildly waggling tail.... *sigh*......

Edited by persephone

he is the biggest scrounge :laugh:

for about a year after he had his surgery for foreign body ingestion he was not allowed outside the house without his muzzle........... maybe I'll do it again :o..

Arrrrgh!!

next time someone offers me a puppy- especially if it the 'talkative and lively' one...I shall RUN

Atlas is far from 'lively' and he is just as bad, so you still have a chance of getting one that will eat anything he can

I have been home an hour, Atlas has tried to eat 3 rolls of toilet paper, tried to steal my dinner, ate some paper that fell to the gound (hope it wasnt something i needed *sigh* )

all in one hour..

Actually, i never thought of a muzzle? AT least i could relax when in the house, instead of running around seeing what he is into

Actually, i never thought of a muzzle? AT least i could relax when in the house, instead of running around seeing what he is into

Honestly, it saved MY sanity !! :laugh:

Hamlet uses one of those soft Italian plastic basket ones.. a size too large, so there's

plenty of room for mouth opening/panting.

He can still drink... and I can poke treats in thru the holes :o

Edited by persephone

Yep that is what I had, very handy! I still have it somewhere, a couple of broken bits (From tug-o-war with the Stafford!) but very much useable!

Thank god I don't have to worry with Rommi - she just likes to roll in gross stuff! Pew!

Honestly, it saved MY sanity !! :confused:

Hamlet uses one of those soft Italian plastic basket ones.. a size too large, so there's

plenty of room for mouth opening/panting.

He can still drink... and I can poke treats in thru the holes :whisper:

Meanie :o

Poor Hamlet. 'O horrible, O horrible, most horrible!'

How worrying Pers! So glad Hamlet has come good for you. Tommy sometimes gets into things he shouldn't (including my easter bunny egg :laugh: ), but thankfully we haven't had a scare like that. Actually the last thing he tried to get into was the teeth cleaning gel I bought for him! At least that means he likes the taste :eek:

I'm glad your boy is OK. My little dog Rupert is like this, he's always scavenging for food. He's a whippet X and despite my best efforts looks like a barrel on legs; he'll eat anything that doesn't run away from him and seems to have a sixth sense for hidden food, even a molecular-sized crumb lurking in the long grass. He'll steal your lunch, go through the rubbish, nick the big dog's food, steal horse feed, eat the cat's food, he'll even lick the cats in case they've got a bit of food left on them.

One night he ate what must have been a couple of kilos of chook pellets, he was bulging with food, even his eyes were popping he was so stuffed, in years of owning greedy dogs I have seriously never seen anything like it. Any other dog would have bloated and died, but the next morning Rupert was as right as rain and waiting impatiently for his breakfast.

So in honour of Rupert and dogs like him: