Vicious Dog At Large.

tybrax

And the answer for my personal interest question, was that the dog's name was Tyson. Gee, what a surprise NOT. I certainly wasn't expecting a Cuddles or a Happy.

so you think a dogs behavior is decided by its name...?

I never do but I do think that the choice of a dogs name can say a lot about the owners.

Edited by Janba

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some people take things a little too far with thier judgement and thier suffocating conservatism. What happened to "fair dinkum", a "fair go", "common sense". The Australians who earned us that reputation sure are thin on the ground these days it would seem, both on the street and in office.

I think some people take things a little too far with thier judgement and thier suffocating conservatism. What happened to "fair dinkum", a "fair go", "common sense". The Australians who earned us that reputation sure are thin on the ground these days it would seem, both on the street and in office.

?

A dogs name doesnt say anything about the owner. Traditional name for a bullbreed for example is "Rocky", just as its traditional for a bullbreed to wear a studed collar. It doesnt say anything about the owner, just the same as its traditional for a Doberman to have cropped ears and a docked tail (overseas) or for a poodle to have that distinctive show cut, means nothing more and nothing less. My mate who recently bought a staffy called it Rocky too, what does that say about him ?

My uncles Bullterrier (RIP, died at the age of 16) was also called Rocky. "Tyson" so what ? Maybe his named after Iron Mike, or maybe they just like the name, who cares. My sister had a friend (human female friend) called Tyson.

Uh huh ... ?

My uncles Bullterrier (RIP, died at the age of 16) was also called Rocky. "Tyson" so what ?

I'll put it another way to try and help you understand :rasberry:

Do you think he would he have considered a name like Cuddles or Blossom for a Pit Bull or Bull terrier?

I had a bullbreed I named "Puppy" though

Puppy was a Rottie x... NOT a bull breed at all. :rasberry:

So Lo pan... do you comply fully with the legislation regarding restricted breeds with your own dog?? Is your dog (that you claim to be a Pitbull) registered with your local council as a Pitbull??

According to NSW legislation, " breed assessors" can identify a resticted breed or cross and as yet there hasn't been anyone challenge it. No magistrate in this state has said otherwise.

Owners can call their dog what they like and ignore the laws in this state, however they do so at their dogs risk and any council officer may suspect it to be a Pit Bull and leave the owner to prove otherwise.

My uncles Bullterrier (RIP, died at the age of 16) was also called Rocky. "Tyson" so what ?

I'll put it another way to try and help you understand :D

Do you think he would he have considered a name like Cuddles or Blossom for a Pit Bull or Bull terrier?

Do you think a Rotty or Mastiff owner just to name a few other breeds, would call their dogs Cuddles or Blossom or Tinkles???

It's just a name FFS get over It

And Cordy that's really non of your business, and shouldn't even be asked on a forum. This whole thread has just gone overboard as usual :rasberry:

I'm sick and tired of being classed as a redneck because of my chosen breed too

For all of those who find It hard to believe on how It's not that easy to Id APBT are, maybe you need to get on some other forums where even experts In the breed for many years sometimes have problems Id the pure APBT If It don't have papers.

Get out of the DOL square, and do some research

Puppy was a Rottie x... NOT a bull breed at all. :rasberry:

So Lo pan... do you comply fully with the legislation regarding restricted breeds with your own dog?? Is your dog (that you claim to be a Pitbull) registered with your local council as a Pitbull??

So Cordellia, Puppy is a Staffy X Rotty to the best of my knowledge. :D

Not sure what authority you think you have to tell me what breed my dog is or isnt, oh wait an ex rescuer another breed i'd expert. How I manage them is none of your business that is my affair.

edited to add rolleye emoticon

Edited by Lo Pan

QUOTE (Cordelia @ 30th Aug 2009 - 06:38 PM)

Puppy was a Rottie x... NOT a bull breed at all.

So Cordellia, Puppy is a Staffy X Rotty to the best of my knowledge.

Yep... you called him a bull breed.. he isn't one. He's a crossbreed.

I'm sick and tired of being classed as a redneck because of my chosen breed too

It isn't soley because of your chosen breed. :rasberry:

i feel for any Children suffering a dog attack.

The area of dog attacks is very complex with many dynamics.

Many assumptions and misinformation in this thread as usual and this is from Dog owners themselves!!!!!

Firstly just because somebody has rescued dogs for six years to me means very little.I know some who have had dogs for 25 years and still know very little!!!!

I could take a Child or Adult and take them to see say a dog of Bull breed type cross and drum into them that its a Pitbull.I would be of course deliberately misleading them.So I give them the wrong information and they run with it.Chances are very high indeed that this person sometime will then of course mistakenly label a dog a Pitbull.

I for example have had one of my American Bulldogs with me at times and had people tell me I had a Pitbull!!!I had a so called " Knowledgeable " dog owner swear black and blue my AB was a pitbull!!!!!

Why do"s the Media label anything with four legs a Pitbull? Because it sells more papers and boost"s T.V, ratings and has nothing to do with the truth whatsoever!!!!

Lets use the logic expressed in this thread that the bigger the numbers of a specific breed around will result in a higher number of attacks by the said breed.Sorry but that is a very flawed logic as the real Pitbull is a small percentage of the number of dogs in Australia.

People need to wake up and use some commonsense for a change!!!!!If BSL was really about supposedly keeping people safe and number of attacks down,then one of my own breeds would be on the BSL list and that is the Cattle Dog. Cattle Dogs feature in more bites or incidents than Pitbulls.

Where did this anti Pitbull tirade come from? America of course.Sadly as a Country we in many ways are weak as water and will just blindly follow moves or judgements made in other Countrys.

I do not even own a Pitbull, but I can fully understand just how sick of this Garbage PBT Owners get!!!!!

No wonder PBT owners feel isolated and become defensive as even other dog owners do not see the truth.

Why do Politicans weigh into things?Because they can be seen to be doing the right thing which they hope translates into votes.How many Politican really have any indepth knowledge of dogs? Very few!!!!For a politican of course at times BS like the anti Pitbull carry on can be a useful deflection to other matters.

I see we also have the same tired BS trotted out about bad owners or those wanting to appear tough.Those types are not uniquely attracted to Pitbulls and can be found with many other Breeds.

The sooner commonsense start to rise again the better!!!!The sooner people start to accept any dog of any breed could be involved in an incident the better!!!! Tony

:rasberry: :D :cheer: well said Tony, well said

And Cordy that's really non of your business, and shouldn't even be asked on a forum.

Was simply curious. And for the record.. since Lo Pan is saying that ALL Pitbull owners shouldn't be labelled as irresponsible owners etc... then one would assume that he (and the rest of you who own restricted breeds) would be complying with the current laws. That is what a responsible owner would do.. is it not??

J.D.

That is problematic for you then. So you are saying that no one can identify a pitbull then?

Well maybe l should of clarified, l have only owned RED NOSES so it not problematic for me.

Sheridan read the transcripts De frey V Logan Council.

Magistrate states. There is no one QUALIFIED in Australia. There is no possible way you can identify a pit bull or cross breed dog its been proven in a court ... l don't care if your a rescue or individual, Council worker media,you don't have the expertise in breed id of a pit bull.

No way! So for the last 13 years you may have inadvertently been walking a toy poodle but been unable to ID it.

yep sure have with red noses..........lol

tybrax

Right, so dogs with red noses are pitbulls?