Agility In Sydney This Weekend

Vickie

I wish we did something similar, particularly the top 6 scores.

Our equivalent is only for Masters dogs, with submission of 15 Masters passes to qualify for our Top Dog. 1st place is 10 points, all the way to 10th place with 1 point. You really need to be submitting over 100 points to make it, but it's hard to tell as the points are never announced or published. It's tough on those who don't trial as much - I much prefer the NSW way! :thumbsup:

And ours is even more 'elitist' in that only the top 10 dogs are able to qualify and run off. So apart from a small number of outstanding dogs here that truly deserve to qualify, it almost becomes a roll call of who attends the most trials.

I also much prefer NSW system.

Not that I am ever going to get back to trialling again at the rate I am going ........... but it would be much more exciting to have such a wide open field as NSW appears to have.

yes it is great & there is nothing elitist about it. I love that it allows Novice & Excellent dogs the opportunity to run the heats & of course make the final. It also rewards the very consistent dogs who may not ever win a heat, but qualify in each one they enter.

If anyone has a free day & would like to come along & watch a trial, the Festival of Agility this weekend will be a great one to come to.

The Agility Dog of the year & Jumping Dog of the year Finals will be held first thing each morning. After 12 heats of each agility & jumping throughout the year, the top 40 dogs in NSW (and ACT) will be running off in the final. It will be fierce competition. Lately the top placing 4-5 dogs generally run within a second of each other...nail biting stuff.

All the games will also be run this weekend & they can be really fun to watch as well, especially pairs which can end up totally hilarious.

Vickie...Good luck with both girls :laugh:

Woo Hoo

Go Trim, Shine, Sparkle & Starr for the Agility &

Go Sparkle, Tech, Piper, Doc, Dash & Trim in the Jumping

(phew! think I got everyone)

woops forgot Delta & Charlie too :laugh:

Edited by FionaC

We are only going to be up there for the Sunday. I have Delta in JDO GDX and SPDX pairs with Shine. Charlie is in JDO GD and JDX although I will be DQing him in JDX as he is running really nice at the moment and I don't want to undo all our hard work by getting that final pass and putting him into masters. Its the same reason why Delta isnt running JDX at the moment, I don't want either dog in JDM until I sort out all the issues (theirs and mine).

We considered going up both days but after having Port Macquarie last weekend and then a double in Sydney the following weekend it was just going to be too much travelling. Dash is in the JDY so we need to go up on the Sunday.

I'll be there both days with the cavaliers :eek:

Eta: Didnt enter gamblers or open as it was getting a bit expensive :laugh: But will be in the rest... baby Spice will come too so feel free to come and have puppy cuddles :(

Edited by muffincav

The Agility Dog of the year & Jumping Dog of the year Finals will be held first thing each morning. After 12 heats of each agility & jumping throughout the year, the top 40 dogs in NSW (and ACT) will be running off in the final.

Just to add, that although some ACT dogs are in the event, we do have our own ADOTY & JDOTY. For ACT dogs it does show more who travels alot as many of us do none, or only couple of RQH's as they are all run in various parts of NSW. As I understand it, any dog from any state could qualify if they went to the trials (as could with our event). However, ACT dogs have performed very well at the finals in past years :laugh:

I won't be at the Festival this year, it's just not like it used to be...

Edited by FHRP

This sounds great Vickie, just what Leah and I need to get motivated with Sharni's training :rofl: I will see you there on Sunday!

Caz.. :rofl:

If anyone has a free day & would like to come along & watch a trial, the Festival of Agility this weekend will be a great one to come to.

The Agility Dog of the year & Jumping Dog of the year Finals will be held first thing each morning. After 12 heats of each agility & jumping throughout the year, the top 40 dogs in NSW (and ACT) will be running off in the final. It will be fierce competition. Lately the top placing 4-5 dogs generally run within a second of each other...nail biting stuff.

All the games will also be run this weekend & they can be really fun to watch as well, especially pairs which can end up totally hilarious.

This was a lot of fun, I had a great day :p

First up was Jumping Dog of the Year - What a great competition! Some amazing runs! The dog that came first :driving: amazing!

Our highlight was Novice Jumping - Kaos had a great run, fast and keen and responsive, missed one tunnel but apart form that perfect! If he had gotten that we would have come first in 600s :driving:

C'mon Vickie...brag away :happydance2:

Oi! the Jack Russell pairs was me and OH.. Gyp was his dog and Daph is a similar breeding to all our guys but just staying with us for a while. :thumbsup: Was really really funny tho!!

I had a brilliant weekend with 6 Q runs... 3 1st's 1 2nd and some minor placings...

Well Done Lia :D , didn't see either of Kaos's runs unfortunately, but glad he stayed on course. That's great!

Well Done to you too Holly :thumbsup: . That's a decent haul of Q's.

Overall we had a pretty good weekend...although there were highlights & lowlights :D .

Highlights were

Trim 2nd place Open Agility, 1st place Masters Gamblers, 1st place Masters Jumping

Shine 3rd place Masters Jumping (the times were close...other than for a little collision where she tried to take me out, she would have beaten Trim, so I'm stoked about that), 2nd place Excellent pairs (although it was pretty ugly) AND a little session on sheep at the end where she really looked great & inspired me to start taking her back for training again.

Chloe, my daughter ran Trim in Open Jumping. She was a little late on one call & got a refusal but otherwise it was a GREAT run :D ...and apparently according to EVERYONE who saw the run, she runs Trim better than I do :) :D .

Our dog of the year runs were so, so close. Trim crept her startline on Saturday & went under the first bar...costing us a 1st or 2nd place:

I was pretty pleased with Shine, just to make the final in her first year of trialling was great, but she had a pretty nice run in it too, only a second behind Trim.

It was great to see Cordy again who took some very nice photos & meet PAX & her beautiful dogs :clap: .

Caz...we didn't see you??? Chloe was very excited as she thought you might bring "her" Ziggy.

Edited by Vickie

That is a great result Vickie! :thumbsup:

Your JDoY run was also very good :clap:

Thanks Lia, I was so happy with Trim all weekend, she never put a foot wrong...I wish I could say the same for myself :D . Still she doesn't care, she has fun & I try to make sure she never knows when I make her do the wrong thing.

Edited by Vickie