How To Use A Twin Tank Hydrobath

Ok I'm sooooooo confused :D

Would somebody please explain to me if it's possible to do this in a hydrobath. I want to bath two dogs using the same wash water and shampoo. But I want to rinse them off with seperate rinse water.

So dog #1 goes in the hydrobath, gets washed with the wash water, and gets rinsed with fresh water.

Then dog #2 goes in the hydrobath and gets washed with the same wash water. The wash water is then let out of the hydrobath. And the dog gets rinsed with fresh water.

Is that possible? And if it is would you please explain step by step how to keep the wash water in the bath while rinsing with fresh water.

I so don't get it!!!! :D

Really depends on your bath set up. Both the baths I have owned you would end up adding the rinse water from dog 1 to the bath water for dog 2. So you would end up with water in the bottom of the bath I imagine.

Were is your bath pulling the rinse water from?

You could do that in my bath, but it depends on your setup.

I would was dog one, then use the rinse tank and have it bypass the wash tank and just go down the drain. Then wash second dog in the original wash water, then rinse as usual.

Mine is a Conmurra autofill twin tank.

I have a twin tank hydro bath.

I wash dog 1 in the wash tank then turn a switch to the rinse tank.

When I have finished that dog I turn the switch back to the wash tank

and bath dog 2. When finished washing that dog I turn the switch to the rinse tank and rinse dog 2.

If thats all I have to do I just empty the water out of both tanks.

Thank you... I think I get it now... I'm so worried I might damage the pump or something if I do it wrong, I've been scared to try!

You can't damage the pump it runs or it doesn't.

About the worst thing you can do is to forget to switch over and then all you'll do is mix the water.

(sheeeeeesh it makes you swear) :cheers:

Sounds like you have got it sorted now, which is terrific.

However, can I just further add to the info about running water pumps and doing damage... Most water pumps (definitely all impellar driven ones) must have water running through them or you definitely risk burning them out.

Some pumps that use diaphragms as opposed to impellars are designed to run dry without doing damage (though it still is not a good practice to get into the habit of doing).

The sort of things that can occur when running water pumps dry when they are not designed to do so is burning out the impellar and/or the motor.

So, though you were nervous about doing the wrong thing and damaging your pump, provided there is water from one or the other reservoir running through it (unless it is a pump that can run dry) you will not do it any damage.

It may be a good idea to ascertain which type of pump you have from the manufacturer.

:cheers:

Edited by dyzney

Doubt you would damage the pump, just watch any heating elements, make sure there is always water covering them or running through them, depending on your set up. I burnt mine out LOL so now I dont have a heater.