5437 From Blacktown Pound - See Pics Of Her Safe

3940941456_ef2c5f3317.jpg

Jasmine taken tonight she WAS napping on the single bed. She loves to lay with her back legs flattened out :confused:

She is slooooowly coming out of her shell, but it'll be a long road.

A lady was walking by this morning when we were out the front in the garden and she spotted Jasmine. (never seen this woman in my life) she stopped to chat and told me about her dog being on antibiotics atm for an ear infection, she loved Jasmine and commented how timid she is, though she did go to the lady for a pat, so shes making some progress :thumbsup:

The lady felt so sorry for her and commented that she must of been wacked/roused on for everything. I agree.

Even before she eats she gives these big sad eyes as if to say is it ok to eat now? :laugh: I always give her a nod of the head, look away and pretend to be doing something else and then she'll eat her dinner.

She adores attention and is getting plenty of it. I think it will take her a good while to gain confidence, but she is getting better by the day.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3943026281_fa55831146.jpg

After a bath today - she had one the day she came home but because its so hot and the other 8 dogs had a bath, I couldnt leave her out - so she had another, plus its so hot here today - will cool her down a bit. :dancingelephant:

3943026289_8c1e71567f.jpg

"C'mon" Jack says "Lets go out to the garden" leading Jasmine out

3943026297_a6cd529312.jpg

Out in the fresh air rolling around after her bath

3943026299_23d5fda405.jpg

Still rolling around........ :)

3943026305_a2366d5115.jpg

SMILE - :)

Edited by k9angel

After a bath today - she had one the day she came home but because its so hot and the other 8 dogs had a bath, I couldnt leave her out - so she had another, plus its so hot here today - will cool her down a bit. :)

..."the other 8".... My goodness. Where do you put them all???

After a bath today - she had one the day she came home but because its so hot and the other 8 dogs had a bath, I couldnt leave her out - so she had another, plus its so hot here today - will cool her down a bit. :dancingelephant:

..."the other 8".... My goodness. Where do you put them all???

I am lucky to have a huge backyard PLUS 2 runs either side of the house :dancingelephant:

Here are some pics of the other furkids

3943858516_e4518fdd27.jpg

This is Gypsy - she is 10 yrs old, this pic was taken 28th Aug on her 10th Birthday - I have had her since she was a junior, came to me as a stray

3943858510_a3c4be0211.jpg

This is JJ and Zeuss. JJ is Gypsys 8 yr old daughter - Gypsy had one litter when she was 2 yrs old I kept all 3 babies as I couldnt bear to part with them. Two have since passed away. Claude at 6yrs suddenly and Cassie at 7 yrs of cancer :dancingelephant:

3943858532_8448c69fa1.jpg

This is Blacky and Whitey (original I know :) ) they are 5 yrs old

3943858498_6b9d28639e.jpg

This is Chief. He came from Blacktown Pound a mess. All skin and bones, matted coat stained in urine. He has scrubbed up pretty well, still work to do though. Lovely boy - will be re homing him once I feel he is ready. He was over due at the Pound and had nothing, I remember when they rang me it was like I was being read my rights :) They said "So Rachel you are willing to take this dog even if he has parvo, otherwise he will be taken to the vet and euthanazed this morning?". (He would of been PTS that morning along with the others on the list but because I had my name on him....)

I knew it wasnt parvo, he had it for 2 weeks and wasnt deteriorating, it was simply a case of his body NOT agreeing with the Pound tucker. He was fine. Very gentle boy, great with other dogs too.

3943858496_49b917671a.jpg

This is Narla. She is a 5yr old Sibe from Blacktown Pound also. She likes to hide in her kennel as pictured and HOGS it when the other dogs try and get in. :rofl:

3943858484_7ab8139778.jpg

Ok last but least, Sammy. A 5 yr old male Collie x Retriever. He is divine, a ball fanatic and a real gentle man.

He was surrended to me by his owners after we found him wondering in the rain, thin, cold and hungry. When I finally managed to find the owner some weeks later, Sammy ran with his tail between his legs at the sight of her, he was terrified. I knew he would not be leaving. She says "Oh he looks so happy and comfortable here", (dropping hints) I said look if you dont want him I will take him but I need his paperwork transferred over, she happily agreed and left him here, that was a year ago. Sammy will be re homed but ONLY when the right family comes along.

Oh and afcoarse there is - Jasmine :D the newest addition.

Edited by k9angel

Oh my! What beautiful dogs. Grooming them must be a full time job. Mmmm - I wonder if there are ways to recycle dog hair??

Yes and with shedding season the hair is endless. Honestly off Chief alone in the past 3 weeks I have gathered at least a garbage bag FULL of hair, I dont think he has ever been brushed in his life, poor fella.

But if you keep them groomed/brushed regulary it isnt too bad. I give them a good brush at least once a fortnight and baths once a mth in the cooler seasons, and every weekend in Summer - plus they have their clams pools to bathe in, and get regular hose downs.

And I thought about recycling the hair years ago, maybe make cushion covers or something, stuff them with fur and use them for dog beds - its so soft and warm... :dancingelephant: :dancingelephant: now that's what I call recycling :dancingelephant:

Oh and there are several other pets here including rosellas, a Rainbow Lorrie (hit by a car in 2005 bought him home, fixed him up) and he is still here- he is the biggest healthiest lorry people have seen. I did try and let him go free as he WAS a wild bird, but by the time his wings healed he was too plump and couldnt take off to fly. :)

There is also a taking budgie, a tame cockatiel and a guinea-pig. Plus my 2 beautiful human babies. Maybe I should put a sign at the front "Welcome to the funny farm".... :)

Edited by k9angel

The look on her face is priceless... "oops! me is got sprung!"...

And here is what my place looked like at around 6:30am this morning... my neighbour came out and asked if this was the Apocalypse starting... hehe!

Yeah when I lived in Manidra (40mins out of Orange) these dust storms were pretty common but I have never seen it in Sydney!! pretty scary.

And yes she did have that "No no it wasnt me - I didnt do it face". :eek:

She is fine. She can sleep on it, should of seen her last night snuggled in Jacks tent when the storm was going on. She was trembling literally. Chief the husky went berko to get out. He has never been so afraid of a storm as he was last night.

I had to sit out there with him in his kennel :cry: the umbrella broke on the way out I was saturated, covered from head to toe in mud, twigs in my hair I felt and looked as though I had just come off an epsiode of survivor. :cry:

It was hectic out there, the lightning was nice to watch but Poor Chief. Then because he was pacing in and out of the kennel his blankets were all wet so I had to change them all. OMG what a night. I can look back and laugh now. :noidea:

K9 Angel, you are much more than a K9 Angel. I can't find the words to describe your kindness. :confused:

Thank you for your kind words. :) Dogs have bought such happiness and joy to me over the years, I couldnt imagine a life without them. ;)

Edited by k9angel

I am happy to say Jasmine is making great progress. She has been here just over a week and is already gaining confidence. When I gave her her dinner today she went straight to the bowl, and for the first time had no hesitation, no fear, no looking over her shoulder waiting nervously for approval to eat! ;)

She lets me know shen she has to go toilies, she comes up paws my leg gently and runs to the door, or she will just sit at the door waiting, letting me know its time :thumbsup: I let her out, she does her business, and runs back in happy as Larry tail going a hundred mile an hour. She is cowering less when we approach her for a pat, she isnt jumping out of her skin at the slightest sudden noises anymore.... Its amazing what a little time and TLC can do.

She still has a way to go but she is doing very well.

She still has NOT barked???? Poor girl probably got the crap beat out of her for barking, its sad to think she has a voice in there but is too scared to use it. She will though, in time. I would love to hear it.

Atm she is on the lounge room floor with the kids, Jack is playing cars and she likes to be close.....

Dogs are Kid proof when they leave here :confused: Not that she is leaving.....

3947629898_2d1f8de1ab.jpg

Jack using Jasmine as part of his game, he drove his matchbox car up her back - she lapped it up :)

3947629900_b0c30f3b34.jpg

Back to playing cars while Jasmine goes back to sleep :thumbsup:

Edited by k9angel

3952950038_7fdb7ddf22.jpg

Jack & Jasmine at the front today - Jaz cant wait to go for a walk.....

3952950042_533d0dd18a.jpg

Dreaming of that much awaited walk to the park

3952950050_1883b01219.jpg

Resting quietly on the grass - still in deep thought, poor girl love to know whats going through that head

3952950056_f4bbc3a754.jpg

Standing up on my legs for a pat

3952950052_caa588a626.jpg

She has such a beautiful, but sad face :bolt: Its clear to see she has been abused at some point in her life, she looks so fearful of being hurt

Edited by k9angel