K9 Force In Queensland

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, I am most peed off, apparently I was sitting next to Midol & I didnt even know it - he wasn't loud obnoxious or opinionated & I didnt even get a chance to clip him around the ear :laugh: .

:):cheer: :cheer: :D ;) :thumbsup::laugh: :laugh:

He is no where near that bad in real life, surprisingly!

EFS

Edited by Miss Monster

It was a great day I have taken away a lot of info after not knowing what to expect at all. I can only hope one day my pups will be up there strutting their stuff like all of you who gave demo's. I can't wait to get them to trials! Lot's of work ahead of me but looking forward to it! Again I'm one of those shy ones look forward to meeting you all again another time! I didn't realise how many Dolers were there sounds like it was nearly all of us! Thanks Steve I know I'll be intouch for more training!

In Freestyle your choreography is only limited by your imagination and your dogs ability.

Dagboy & I were just discussing this at dinner - some of us are more limited than others :laugh: .

OK, I am most peed off, apparently I was sitting next to Midol & I didnt even know it - he wasn't loud obnoxious or opinionated & I didnt even get a chance to clip him around the ear :rofl: .

:rofl: Was it the guy with Spotty?

Yep, sorry he wasn't actually next to me I realised, Staffordlove was between us :) .

MM, I know that he's actually not like his online persona IRL, I've been told that before, but I still wanted to know it was him - not that he's ever annoyed me or peed me off, I just wanted to be able to tell everyone on DOL that I had whacked him one ;) .

(actually i would have said thank you very much for the crate that he gave us last year but shhhh, don't tell him that, make him think Im scary :) )

Yep, sorry he wasn't actually next to me I realised, Staffordlove was between us :o .

MM, I know that he's actually not like his online persona IRL, I've been told that before, but I still wanted to know it was him - not that he's ever annoyed me or peed me off, I just wanted to be able to tell everyone on DOL that I had whacked him one :rofl: .

(actually i would have said thank you very much for the crate that he gave us last year but shhhh, don't tell him that, make him think Im scary ;) )

:rofl: fair enough - I'm sure there would be a lot of jealous people if you did whack him one!

:rofl: fair enough - I'm sure there would be a lot of jealous people if you did whack him one!

Exactly - I'd be a DOL superstar! :rofl::rofl:

(Michael, if you are reading, Im only joking! :laugh: )

Edited by MrsD

Congrats to Mrs D who got a qualie in Dances with Dogs at Springwood today.

Well Done to you and Jarrah :shrug: ;)

How did we go????????????

Anyone want a slightly used, unattentive, floor smelling Border Collie????? Going cheap at the moment.

Thanks Maree, I am so excited that he qualified :) , I wasn't sure if we would scrape through or not but in the end we got through with a reasonable score & I know where he lost most of his points (I have to learn to keep my hands to myself!!! ;) ), so it's something to work on :) .

Don't worry about Chook being distracted, you weren't the only one there to have a dog that wasn't quite with it & just remember you havent been doing it long, I think you are doing a fantastic job with him :confused: ;) :)

Edited by MrsD

thanks Steve! Awesome as per usual!!! :laugh::rofl:

K9: I have to say DITTO, so were you and Ella!!!!

BC4ME: And Steve you looked very cute with the poodle. :D :(

K9: I don't need a Poodle to do that lol..

Thanks Steve for giving up some of your time I know you have a big week-end planned down at Camp Tailwaggers and it was great that you could condense so much into such a small amount of time. It was good to catch up again. :rofl:

K9: Yep it sure was & I can tell you I was pretty tired after three full on days, but I had a great time.

I'll let you know how Chook & I do on Sunday fingers crossed :thumbsup:

K9: You wont need fingers, Chook was on fire in the demo you did!

CM: thanks Steve, it was a great day and I feel we have taken a lot away with us to assist with getting the results with Nala and Kuda we want.

so I'm off to practice her recall with longline as practice makes permanent.

we had no idea what Kuda's issue was but boy you know how to read a dog, I have never seen her react like that to anyone. thanks so much

K9: Your very welcome, I look forward to hearing how well your doing.

H:

Me too :rofl: If she could be half as a good as Ella I'd be chuffed :D

And Steve with the poodle :laugh: PLEASE tell me someone who has photographic evidence will post it soon :(:rofl:

K9: Evidence was blurred due to a woo woo wooing!!!!

OA: I have to honestly say, it was very different from what I've expected. I expected a step-by-step guide on how to train the dog and on my way home I was a bit disappointed that I haven't got 'The Plan'. But as I had lots of time to think about it, phrases Steve threw in the room came back to me and I was surprised to then understand that also it wasn't a 1. ...., 2. ...., 3. .... kinda training, Stve tought me on how to handle and behave towards my dog in an every-day situation, rather than just in training. I think it will make my pack and me much happier.

Took me a while, but now I got it. Thanks Steve - it was an awesome day and I loved the last part where you showed people on to handle their aggressive dogs!!! :thumbsup:

K9: I am glad you can see what I was trying to achieve, I have found that giving people steps just doesnt seem to get the message across because as soon as the dog doesnt respond as the demo dogs did, people get lost, so hopefully giving you method structure will allow for some flexibility in your dog/s. But still if you strike a problem I am only as far as an email away.

OA: This morning, I walked Quen on his new Prong-Collar and I know he didn#t mind it as I could see that. He doesn't like that Halti or the Choker and displays a strong reaction to it (doesn't let me put theem on). No worries with the Prong! And for the first time ever, I dictated the speed of the walk, wasn't pulled all over the place and actually enjoyed the walk!!! Thanks so much!!!

K9: Your very welcome, you guys picked up very well just what you need to do!

BL: Thanks so much Steve, it was another great day! Learnt heaps again. I am definitely signing up for the distance training in drive course this time. Do you think it will be ok for a 3yr old border collie?

Nice to see all you DOLers again, the dogs were all so good considering. Isn't amazing how Steve sends out this alpha "aura" to the dogs and the aggressive dogs wont show aggression around him.

Steve, I think you should move to QLD, it is much nicer here, and you will have HEAPS of business! hahaha

K9: Thanks BL, the Distance programs are designed around the dog, we dont squeeze the dog into a program so yep, sure will work for you. As Camp Tailwaggers is up for sale you never never know...

H: For those of you who have been saying Daisy's not evil...

I had a packet of chocolate freckles zipped in the back of her crate and I forgot to take them out... guess who just unzipped the compartment and ate the ENTIRE packet??

K9: And this is a problem because Huski wanted to eat them all herself!

MD: I'm so glad you "got it" :thumbsup: , & I'm sure Steve will be too, I think a trainer's greatest achievments are often having students who can say "I got it!" & then go & apply it to your own pack :laugh::(

K9: Yep seeing people work their dogs using what I have taught would be number one in my book!!!

BC4ME: Maybe one day we might see Steve with a Shepherd (or a poodle maybe????) dancing wouldn't that be nice.. :rofl::rofl: :D

K9: Yeah! or maybe not... lol

N: I was the one with the pathetic whippets - nasty barking and snarling black and white one, then the bony lap dog

K9: well I didnt see any snarling or barking when I had them? lol

I've had all these people at work ask how the workshop went.... My answer "the little bastard was almost perfect - how am I supposed to get help when he's an angel in front of anyone else" :laugh:

He must've remembered to be on his best behaviour with you around Steve :thumbsup:

It was so nice to be able to walk them both this morning without many issues. There must've been one really good smell though cos he still pulled through the prong :rofl:

K9: Thanks everyone for all the kind words, I have to thank you all for letting me put fourth my methods & ideas o training & behaviour & letting me work with your dogs. They all were great & I had a great time.

Camp Tailwaggers & the Team were great, Val my Camp Tailwaggers provided assistant is just wonderful, before I even think about needing something, she was there with it & Ann working to make the whole thing run like clock work. The Chef preping great food all weekend.& all the staff.

Most importantly you guys who always make me feel very welcome every time I come up.

A big thanks goes to Nicole & Ella who impress me every time I see them work together, it is a proud moment when I remember meeting Ella as a puppy.

Also lets not forget the Beagle demo, Huski you guys are going great guns!!! Was so proud of you guys too!

I guess the conclusion is that I cant leave it 12 months between trips, it means too much being crammed into a day & I would love to work more with dogs, so I guess I will have to come back sooner!!!

MM: I've had all these people at work ask how the workshop went.... My answer "the little bastard was almost perfect - how am I supposed to get help when he's an angel in front of anyone else" :laugh:

K9: Well ren I didnt see you with any little dog at all lol..

He must've remembered to be on his best behaviour with you around Steve

K9: Yep I warned him...!

It was so nice to be able to walk them both this morning without many issues. There must've been one really good smell though cos he still pulled through the prong

K9: remember to rely on the method & not the tool! :thumbsup:

MM: I've had all these people at work ask how the workshop went.... My answer "the little bastard was almost perfect - how am I supposed to get help when he's an angel in front of anyone else" :thumbsup:

K9: Well ren I didnt see you with any little dog at all lol..

What you don't think this is little :rofl:

Picture101.jpg

K9: I guess the conclusion is that I cant leave it 12 months between trips, it means too much being crammed into a day & I would love to work more with dogs, so I guess I will have to come back sooner!!!

I hope you don't leave it 12 months! :laugh: