K9 Force In Queensland

Pardon me if I didn't introduce myself more... I was the one in the pink dress with the black lab and the staffy. I tend to hold back at first. Not meaning to be rude.

I think I really only spoke to 2 people from DOL (Seita & Huski cos they are the only 2 I recognised), it's really hard cos you look like a right d*ck going around to everyone saying "Are you a DOLer?", most people must look at you & think "Are you one of the crazies?" ;) :rofl: .

ETA - Ohh & of course BC4Me is from DOL, but she doesnt count cos she's crazy and a DOLer :rofl: :rofl:

ETAA - it's easier too when you have an easily recognisable dog ie Daisy being a Beagle & Jarah being a kelpie, also when you are made to get up in front of everyone & do something (Daisy's demo & our dancing routines :rofl: ).

Yes, one of the crazies. Your dance routine was great! i didn't recognise you either, only recognised Seita, Huski and whats her name? With the ridgebacks?

Me shy too.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OH couldn't believe how buggered Callista was when we got home... must have been the workout that Seita did with her. Thanks so much for the pointers... if I can make her work like that Steve will hopefully be impressed! Griffin behaved himself and didn't try to beat up Callista and I have yet more understanding of his issues, poor boy had a pretty yuck life before ending in rescue :rofl:

Daisy was awesome Huski, you should definitely be proud of what you have achieved with her... did she bark all the way home???

Steve, thanks again for making yesterday available to your Queensland Fan Base, looking forward to next year already :rofl: It was a great way to end my exams.

Pardon me if I didn't introduce myself more... I was the one in the pink dress with the black lab and the staffy. I tend to hold back at first. Not meaning to be rude.

I think I really only spoke to 2 people from DOL (Seita & Huski cos they are the only 2 I recognised), it's really hard cos you look like a right d*ck going around to everyone saying "Are you a DOLer?", most people must look at you & think "Are you one of the crazies?" :rofl: ;) .

ETA - Ohh & of course BC4Me is from DOL, but she doesnt count cos she's crazy and a DOLer :rofl::eek:

ETAA - it's easier too when you have an easily recognisable dog ie Daisy being a Beagle & Jarah being a kelpie, also when you are made to get up in front of everyone & do something (Daisy's demo & our dancing routines :rofl: ).

Me crazy NEVER it is just the rest of the world that is straight & boring ....... :rofl:

It was certainly another great day of learning and it was good to see the evil beagle strut her stuff, Daisy is certainly doing well I hope to see her in the trial ring soon.

Seita it was lovely to see Ella's focus while working it was an awesome sight.

And Steve you looked very cute with the poodle. :rofl::rofl:

Thanks Steve for giving up some of your time I know you have a big week-end planned down at Camp Tailwaggers and it was great that you could condense so much into such a small amount of time. It was good to catch up again. :rofl:

I'll let you know how Chook & I do on Sunday fingers crossed :rofl:

thanks Steve, it was a great day and I feel we have taken a lot away with us to assist with getting the results with Nala and Kuda we want.

so I'm off to practice her recall with longline as practice makes permanent.

we had no idea what Kuda's issue was but boy you know how to read a dog, I have never seen her react like that to anyone. thanks so much

I think I really only spoke to 2 people from DOL (Seita & Huski cos they are the only 2 I recognised), it's really hard cos you look like a right d*ck going around to everyone saying "Are you a DOLer?", most people must look at you & think "Are you one of the crazies?" :eek::vomit: .

ETA - Ohh & of course BC4Me is from DOL, but she doesnt count cos she's crazy and a DOLer :laugh: :D

ETAA - it's easier too when you have an easily recognisable dog ie Daisy being a Beagle & Jarah being a kelpie, also when you are made to get up in front of everyone & do something (Daisy's demo & our dancing routines :laugh: ).

It was nice to finally meet you MrsD!!!

Daisy was awesome Huski, you should definitely be proud of what you have achieved with her... did she bark all the way home???

Thanks Erin :D No I didn't hear a peep out of her the whole way back! Typical! She and I were both exhausted when we got home :rofl:

It was certainly another great day of learning and it was good to see the evil beagle strut her stuff, Daisy is certainly doing well I hope to see her in the trial ring soon.

Me too :eek: If she could be half as a good as Ella I'd be chuffed :D

And Steve with the poodle :eek: PLEASE tell me someone who has photographic evidence will post it soon :D :eek:

thanks Steve, it was a great day and I feel we have taken a lot away with us to assist with getting the results with Nala and Kuda we want.

so I'm off to practice her recall with longline as practice makes permanent.

we had no idea what Kuda's issue was but boy you know how to read a dog, I have never seen her react like that to anyone. thanks so much

CM Nala is so gorgeous, I just wanted to squish her the whole time she was sitting next to me :laugh:

We had a loooooooooong trip back as I had to pick my sis up at Surfers and it was beginning of Schoolies... Did 1 km in 36 mins! :vomit:

Even without the GPS (I threw it oit of the window in a mad attac of aggression when it lead me the wrong way 3 times), we managed to get back alright.

I have to honestly say, it was very different from what I've expected. I expected a step-by-step guide on how to train the dog and on my way home I was a bit disappointed that I haven't got 'The Plan'. But as I had lots of time to think about it, phrases Steve threw in the room came back to me and I was surprised to then understand that also it wasn't a 1. ...., 2. ...., 3. .... kinda training, Stve tought me on how to handle and behave towards my dog in an every-day situation, rather than just in training. I think it will make my pack and me much happier.

Took me a while, but now I got it. Thanks Steve - it was an awesome day and I loved the last part where you showed people on to handle their aggressive dogs!!! :laugh:

This morning, I walked Quen on his new Prong-Collar and I know he didn#t mind it as I could see that. He doesn't like that Halti or the Choker and displays a strong reaction to it (doesn't let me put theem on). No worries with the Prong! And for the first time ever, I dictated the speed of the walk, wasn't pulled all over the place and actually enjoyed the walk!!! Thanks so much!!!

I was the one with the crazy Wei and I recognised a few but not all of you crazy DOLers!

We had a loooooooooong trip back as I had to pick my sis up at Surfers and it was beginning of Schoolies... Did 1 km in 36 mins! :laugh:

I do NOT envy you. I'm just glad I finally moved out of Surfers Paradise (after putting up with 6 years of Schoolies that's more than enough for me)

And Oceanaussi ... you're right on the mark! From all the reading I have done and in "speaking" with Steve (even if it is only via email at the moment) this is pretty much what he is about.. not "this is how you do X in three easy steps" sort of thing. Nope. It's about YOU as the "ALPHA" having the right mindset first to work with the dog (not against it, not demanding or disrespecting it).

Once you are trained it is easy to train the dog :laugh: It is us that makes it all so complicated... the dogs are fine! :vomit:

Practice makes permanent. That has got to be one of the best little sayings that has come out from the workshop as it's true for us not just for the dogs!

Thanks so much Steve, it was another great day! Learnt heaps again. I am definitely signing up for the distance training in drive course this time. Do you think it will be ok for a 3yr old border collie?

Nice to see all you DOLers again, the dogs were all so good considering. Isn't amazing how Steve sends out this alpha "aura" to the dogs and the aggressive dogs wont show aggression around him.

Steve, I think you should move to QLD, it is much nicer here, and you will have HEAPS of business! hahaha

Thanks so much Steve, it was another great day! Learnt heaps again. I am definitely signing up for the distance training in drive course this time. Do you think it will be ok for a 3yr old border collie?

Nice to see all you DOLers again, the dogs were all so good considering. Isn't amazing how Steve sends out this alpha "aura" to the dogs and the aggressive dogs wont show aggression around him.

Steve, I think you should move to QLD, it is much nicer here, and you will have HEAPS of business! hahaha

I'm sure Fly will be right, Daisy didn't start training with Steve's program until she was two and she's three now (we'll get there eventually :laugh:).

For those of you who have been saying Daisy's not evil...

I had a packet of chocolate freckles zipped in the back of her crate and I forgot to take them out... guess who just unzipped the compartment and ate the ENTIRE packet??

OK I am only now realising who all these people were that were sitting near me, Spotty, I didnt even CLICK that it was you & the dally :rofl: . Sparky, which dogs did you have, the 2 frenchy's?

Wildatheart, thank you :eek: , unless I actually have my routine to do I really struggle to just make things up on the spot & ad lib in dancing so it wasn't as good as it could have been :eek: . So what sort of dog do you have & where were you sitting so I can work out who you were? :eek:

I wonder if it is worth going back (it's only $30 fuel trip)... ? How far "down the road" from Camp Tailwaggers do you think it was ..? I was soooo hoping it had fell off in the carpark at the shed as then someone would find it. Damnit.

It was only a short distance, a km or 2 at most from memory, certainly not very far. I think the biggest problem might be that it has blown away since there was a bit of a breeze, but then it was getting late in the afternoon so the breeze may have dropped a bit. If it's any help, as you are going UP to CT, it would be on the left hand side of the road near a bit of a right hand bend, I have a feeling it may be near the school (not the one in the village you go through, but the one right up near CT).

I have to honestly say, it was very different from what I've expected. I expected a step-by-step guide on how to train the dog and on my way home I was a bit disappointed that I haven't got 'The Plan'. But as I had lots of time to think about it, phrases Steve threw in the room came back to me and I was surprised to then understand that also it wasn't a 1. ...., 2. ...., 3. .... kinda training, Stve tought me on how to handle and behave towards my dog in an every-day situation, rather than just in training. I think it will make my pack and me much happier.

Took me a while, but now I got it. Thanks Steve - it was an awesome day and I loved the last part where you showed people on to handle their aggressive dogs!!! :laugh:

I have been to dozens of doggy seminars at CT (I'm what's known as a Camp-o-holic :eek: ) & I think the first one I went to I sort of felt the same & came away thinking - "Hang on - I don't have a list of steps 1, 2, 3 that will train my dog to do A, B, C." But as you said, it's not about being sat down & being "talked at" about it being 1, 2, 3, it's about learning to manage your dog (or train your dog for obedience or train your dog to dance etc or whatever depending on what sort of seminar you went to). As almost every trainer I have ever been lucky enough to train with says (including Steve yesterday) - they aren't there to train the dog, they are there to train you to train the dog. :D It's amazing how much of it will come back to you when you are put in a situation that Steve described or demonstrated with one of the dogs, you'll see something like an aggression trigger & you'll think "Ohhh I remember Steve said to do this" or "Steve said never to do this". :D

I'm so glad you "got it" :vomit: , & I'm sure Steve will be too, I think a trainer's greatest achievments are often having students who can say "I got it!" & then go & apply it to your own pack :laugh: :D .

OK I am only now realising who all these people were that were sitting near me, Spotty, I didnt even CLICK that it was you & the dally :laugh: . Sparky, which dogs did you have, the 2 frenchy's?

:vomit:

I knew who you were :laugh: The doggy dancing was great!

Thanks Steve.

I had a packet of chocolate freckles zipped in the back of her crate and I forgot to take them out... guess who just unzipped the compartment and ate the ENTIRE packet??

Sorry, but do you think that any dog wouldn't touch that if they found it? :laugh: Jarrah would have them quicker than you could say Jack Robinson so I guess he must be evil too :laugh: . (so would Whisper or Jonty , hang on, I think you are right - they are all evil :vomit: )

Sorry, but do you think that any dog wouldn't touch that if they found it? :laugh: Jarrah would have them quicker than you could say Jack Robinson so I guess he must be evil too :eek: . (so would Whisper or Jonty , hang on, I think you are right - they are all evil :vomit: )

I know I know, but she was just so quick dammit! It was zipped into the pocket that's on top of her crate and she had it unzipped and eaten in no time at all - I found the empty packet in her crate :laugh:

Lucky she's got a gut of steel :rofl:

Thanks spotty & Huski, I have a Dances with Dogs trial tomorrow & yesterday made me realise how little work I have put into him in the last couple of months :laugh: .

Ah yes Maree was telling me about the DwD trial tomorrow! Whereabouts is it, MrsD? He looked great at the workshop :vomit:

Sorry, but do you think that any dog wouldn't touch that if they found it? :laugh: Jarrah would have them quicker than you could say Jack Robinson so I guess he must be evil too :eek: . (so would Whisper or Jonty , hang on, I think you are right - they are all evil :vomit: )

I know I know, but she was just so quick dammit! It was zipped into the pocket that's on top of her crate and she had it unzipped and eaten in no time at all - I found the empty packet in her crate :laugh:

Lucky she's got a gut of steel :rofl:

:eek: I've had Jarrah do stuff like that before, he's by far the worst of my lot, you can't trust him for 2 seconds where there is food involved, so don't feel that you are alone :eek: .

Staffordlove, were you the one with the staffy sitting next to me?