K9 Force In Queensland

Camp tailwaggers is a pretty magical place! The training arena/area is set high up on a hill with amazing views over the tweed region and the ocean and it catches a really good breeze! And yes I remember freezing in November too so bring a jumper just in case!!

ETA: Link for http://www.camptailwaggers.com.au/ in case anyone hasn't got it!

Slightly OT - but for those wondering about Camp Tailwaggers it's on TV tonight on "Getaway" 7.30 on Channel 9 :laugh:

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have they been in crates before? If not it might be better for you to tether then than crate them. But I do have a wire crate that you can borrow if you think they wil be ok. It's a medium one, sorry can't help with a large one.

No they have not however they are fine being tethered. I've done that with them many times.

Kobe should be fine with the crate ... if he isn't then I will tether him too.

I just wasn't aware tethering would be an option.

YUP... 24 HOURS AND COUNTING !!! :-D

I'll bring the extra crate along in case you want to use it.

And yes Huski today is going slowly! can't wait!

LOL, I'm planning to leave Brissy at 6.30am so I'll probably get up at 6.15 :thumbsup:

:laugh: I need to get dressed, walk the dogs, feed the dogs, have breaky, and then leave - that takes me 1 hour 30 mins.

My GPS said it's only going to be 2 hours from Dayboro, can that be right? it takes me nearly an hour to get to the airport and then just another hour? I gotta drop my sis of at Surfers before coming to CT.

LOL, I'm planning to leave Brissy at 6.30am so I'll probably get up at 6.15 :thumbsup:

:o I need to get dressed, walk the dogs, feed the dogs, have breaky, and then leave - that takes me 1 hour 30 mins.

My GPS said it's only going to be 2 hours from Dayboro, can that be right? it takes me nearly an hour to get to the airport and then just another hour? I gotta drop my sis of at Surfers before coming to CT.

Well I live near Brissy airport and google maps and whereis.com are both telling me it will take me 1hr 50 minutes - so I'd give yourself a bit more than 2 hours to get there (check on googlemaps or whereis, I find they are both reasonably accurate).

I will get up, get dressed, feed all animals bar Daisy, put her in the car and go :laugh:

:thumbsup: If I don't walk Quen in the morning, he will run from here to the GC!

I looked on whereis as well and it said it takes me 2 hours. Hm, that's weird. If I leave at 6, I'll be at the airport by 6.40 and then should have plenty of time to go to Surfers and then to CT.

:thumbsup: If I don't walk Quen in the morning, he will run from here to the GC!

I looked on whereis as well and it said it takes me 2 hours. Hm, that's weird. If I leave at 6, I'll be at the airport by 6.40 and then should have plenty of time to go to Surfers and then to CT.

I'm giving myself two hours just to be on the safe side, whereis is telling me it is more like 1hr 30 whereas google is telling me 1hr 50 minutes :laugh:

I try not to exercise Daisy before training, it makes her more keen :o

Edited by huski

mmm i think i'll leave myself a good 4 1.2 hours. 30mins to toowoomba, 1hr 50mins to Brissy, and 2hr to the CT

Remember I told you to take the Logan motorway! I am allowing myself 1.5 hours from the start of the logan motorway to CT so that saves you half an hour at least. And I reckon you won't need more than 1.5 hours from toowoomba to the start of the logan motorway! :) See I just save you an hour of sleep!! LOL :)

Daisy doesn't know it yet, but she was fed this morning and is being fasted tonight and tomorrow morning before we get to CT... I don't know if I will survive The Hungry Beagle :)

Steve you can use Daisy's energy when she's sitting in her crate barking her head off tomorrow morning :laugh::)

Edited by huski

K9: hey guys don't feed, exercise your dogs or play with them before the workshop! I can use that energy!

The feeding is ok, Quen doesn't care if he gets fed or not. But the energy? How much energy do you want??? :)

When it comes to drive training the more the better :laugh:

It's 9.30am QLD time, right?

Yep :)

Edited by huski

mmm i think i'll leave myself a good 4 1.2 hours. 30mins to toowoomba, 1hr 50mins to Brissy, and 2hr to the CT

Remember I told you to take the Logan motorway! I am allowing myself 1.5 hours from the start of the logan motorway to CT so that saves you half an hour at least. And I reckon you won't need more than 1.5 hours from toowoomba to the start of the logan motorway! :) See I just save you an hour of sleep!! LOL :laugh: