K9 Force In Queensland

YAY!!! I've just booked my spot!!!! So.... if any one needs a lift down from Toowoomba, let me know... you will have to share a very small car with a GSD and me tho :( so I can't fit another dog in :heart:

Wow - I thought they were booked out in September!!!! A week to go and you still got in.

I KNOW!!! :laugh: In my email from Alison, she said that there were "still a couple of places left"... maybe some ppl couldnt make it and were decent enough to let them know... but... I'm in!!!!

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are coming from the sunny coast on Thursday and are staying til Saturday when we will put the dogs in the kennels for the day and go SHOPPING - haven't told OH yet but he will work it out fast enough.

I have just said explore I didn't say where - he he he

The Weekend bit is organised by the Caboolture Sports Dog Club for dog trainers - more intense

I am excited about the Friday - though haven't yet got my projected roster past the end of next week - BAH oh well, have lots of sick leave up my sleeve anyway

Lol, i was going to do this to cause i knew my work wouldnt give it to me, but i start my new job that week and they already said that i can still go as it was pre planned. whooot!

We're joining you guys too!!! :hug:

I've got a really outgoing strong Weimaraner boy with me. He's extremly friendly with other dogs but couldn't care less about people - including me. :)

He's not interested in food/treats but has a really strong prey drive. If I had a bird on my nose, he would look at me at all times like Steve's dog. (And I really hope that after the workshop he will do this without the bird, Steve!)

Quen sometimes shows some signs of anxiety/phobia as well - that's at least my interpretation, let's see what the professionals say to that. He's also the perfect candidate on 'how to get walked by your dog' and 'come back after you've chased that bird/played with that dog/peed on that tree...'

I know a few of you but look forward to meet the rest of you!!! :)

K9: Me either! I heard there will be a Beagle on demo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhh is this true Huski?? :D

Apparently... :p

K9: Answering for Huski "oh yes I will be demoing the Beagle recall in drive"

PMSL! I don't recall saying that?? ;) "The Beagle recall" - is that different to a normal recall??? :p Perhaps I can use that excuse if Daisy does something wrong - no no, that wasn't an error, that was just what a Beagle Recall looks like :hug::)

Sorry can't help myself! Only 8 more sleeps to go!!! :):)

Wahoooo I can't wait :)

K9: Was that WOO WOO WOO? Sounds like a Beagle....

Well she has been very vocal lately... you need to fix her stays when we see you next week Steve ;) She seems to think they are an opportunity to let everyone know what's on her mind ;)

We're joining you guys too!!! :eek:

I've got a really outgoing strong Weimaraner boy with me. He's extremly friendly with other dogs but couldn't care less about people - including me. :D

He's not interested in food/treats but has a really strong prey drive. If I had a bird on my nose, he would look at me at all times like Steve's dog. (And I really hope that after the workshop he will do this without the bird, Steve!)

Quen sometimes shows some signs of anxiety/phobia as well - that's at least my interpretation, let's see what the professionals say to that. He's also the perfect candidate on 'how to get walked by your dog' and 'come back after you've chased that bird/played with that dog/peed on that tree...'

I know a few of you but look forward to meet the rest of you!!! :(

I haven't seen Quen since he was a baby puppy! Can't wait to see you guys again :) If Steve can fix Daisy he can fix any dog :p

I haven't seen Quen since he was a baby puppy! Can't wait to see you guys again :eek: If Steve can fix Daisy he can fix any dog :(

:) Is it THAT long ago? Well, he's about 40 kg and taller than me now....

I'll give Steve a chance. I had a couple of trainers at obedience class (luckily I didn't pay them) returning him to me with the words "Gundogs are stupid, you can't teach them" :) Fingers crossed Stev's as good as I've been told! :hug:

I haven't seen Quen since he was a baby puppy! Can't wait to see you guys again :mad If Steve can fix Daisy he can fix any dog :D

:rofl: Is it THAT long ago? Well, he's about 40 kg and taller than me now....

I'll give Steve a chance. I had a couple of trainers at obedience class (luckily I didn't pay them) returning him to me with the words "Gundogs are stupid, you can't teach them" :hug: Fingers crossed Stev's as good as I've been told! :thumbsup:

If he has lots of prey drive it will be easy peasy ;)

Before doing any training in drive work, if Daisy was on a scent I could shove food under her nose and she wouldn't even notice it... now I can get focus even when there are tonnes of scents around (now I've said that, I bet she'll be completely distracted at the workshop next week :rofl: :rofl:).

I have a frenchie with way too much drive and energy and a sore back... though she should be good to go this weekend.

Can't believe it's been 12mnths and I still haven't managed to get to module 2... *hangs head in shame*