K9 Force In Queensland

A beagle as a demo dog? I'll believe it when i see it. I have it on good authority that they're untrainable like sibes Bec!! :rofl:

Beagles are worse than Sibes! Especially with their bloody baying :thumbsup::rofl:

K9: Beagles can't be trained to ignore their nose, they say. Well young Daisy might prove them wrong eh Huski?

Well, she doesn't ignore her nose per se, it's just not as exciting as what I have to offer :hug:

I was worried the other night; I walked her down to the local sports field, as soon as we walked out onto the field she had her nose to the ground madly scenting and I thought working her might be a bit of a challenge... but nope as soon she realised it was time to work scenting became boring :mad:rofl:

Edited by huski

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yay! Reserve our place - Zero and I wouldn't miss it!

Btw - he was playing with an entire german shepherd (who he had never met before) on the weekend without a trace of a problem. I think he was happy to play with a dog who was actually bigger than him. Maybe this time he won't try to kill your dogs through the garage door? :thumbsup:

ETA: Poor Daisy - it's not her fault she found the scent and noone wanted her to find it :rofl: - I think the wooing of a sibe who wants his go in the practice trialling ring could give her a run for her money in the noise department!

Edited by ~*Shell*~

Yay! Reserve our place - Zero and I wouldn't miss it!

Btw - he was playing with an entire german shepherd (who he had never met before) on the weekend without a trace of a problem. I think he was happy to play with a dog who was actually bigger than him. Maybe this time he won't try to kill your dogs through the garage door? :thumbsup:

k9: he is lucky to have you Shell, you saved his life.

My dogs are not holding any grudges, they knew he needed some help lol.

ETA: Poor Daisy - it's not her fault she found the scent and noone wanted her to find it :thumbsup: - I think the wooing of a sibe who wants his go in the practice trialling ring could give her a run for her money in the noise department!

Yeah but a Sibe wooing is a nice sound. Beagles wooing makes your ears want to explode :rofl:

Edited by huski

k9: he is lucky to have you Shell, you saved his life.

My dogs are not holding any grudges, they knew he needed some help lol.

Thanks Steve - I'm lucky to have him. Who would have known such a gorgeous boy was hiding under all those problems!

ETA: Poor Daisy - it's not her fault she found the scent and noone wanted her to find it :thumbsup: - I think the wooing of a sibe who wants his go in the practice trialling ring could give her a run for her money in the noise department!

Yeah but Sibes wooing is a nice sound. Beagles wooing makes your ears want to explode :rofl:

evil beagle for the win :rofl:

evil beagle for the win :thumbsup:

Except not something you really want to win :rofl:

You should see how naughty she's been in her stays lately Shell. I'll put her in a stay and she'll be desperate for her reward so she'll look me in the eye and bark :rofl: :rofl:

evil beagle for the win :thumbsup:

Except not something you really want to win :rofl:

You should see how naughty she's been in her stays lately Shell. I'll put her in a stay and she'll be desperate for her reward so she'll look me in the eye and bark :rofl: :rofl:

At least she's staying in the one spot and wants to work! We're 3 weeks out of the trialling ring and Zero's totally forgotten how to stay or left turn in heel!! 2 months ago it was duration heeling and we finally got that down pat and now he's forgotten what stay means. He'll wander over to me or if he's in a sit stay, he'll lie down like i'd left him in a down stay!

We'll get there eventually - even if we don't go well, at least he'll give me a laugh about it all. :hug:

At least she's staying in the one spot and wants to work! We're 3 weeks out of the trialling ring and Zero's totally forgotten how to stay or left turn in heel!! 2 months ago it was duration heeling and we finally got that down pat and now he's forgotten what stay means. He'll wander over to me or if he's in a sit stay, he'll lie down like i'd left him in a down stay!

We'll get there eventually - even if we don't go well, at least he'll give me a laugh about it all. :rofl:

What???? I didn't know you'd entered Zero in a trial?? dammit, I always miss the most exciting news :thumbsup::rofl: :rofl:

eta: what did you end up using for a LAT? did you end up sticking with the around the back one?

Edited by huski

Thanks Steve - I'm lucky to have him. Who would have known such a gorgeous boy was hiding under all those problems!

K9: I knew...

I admit, I didn't - I thought he'd have to be managed his entire life but he surprises me everyday and I've stopped having to watch him like a hawk around other dogs. I freaked out a little the other day when he started doing zoomies with terranik's dogs. I thought the excitement would make him forget himself but nope! He loved it - Nik even got some photos and he really was having the best time.

4060785886_d7e65fc9a6.jpg

(and yes, that's me in the background laughing at Zero for not being as fast as Ahsoka but still trying to keep up anyway - he would have a serious face on while he tried to catch up with her and then his smiley face on when she out ran him)

We'll get there eventually - even if we don't go well, at least he'll give me a laugh about it all. :thumbsup:

What???? I didn't know you'd entered Zero in a trial?? dammit, I always miss the most exciting news :thumbsup::( :p

eta: what did you end up using for a LAT? did you end up sticking with the around the back one?

Nik made me do it :) - Zero is ready to be entered but with me working so many hours to launch lifestyle YOU channel, i haven't had the amount of time to work with him that i would have liked in the leadup. I have a feeling we won't pass (he'll probably NQ on something like his stays or the stay part of his recall) but i would love to go into the ring with no expectations - it will stop me from being nervous which will help him. I'm sure he'll surprise me one way or another :D

He goes around the back for his LATs - it just looks cleaner for him but at the same time, I don't like having to change hands with the leash when we're doing it. I'm too uncoordinated!!

I love that pic Shell!

Nik made me do it :D - Zero is ready to be entered but with me working so many hours to launch lifestyle YOU channel, i haven't had the amount of time to work with him that i would have liked in the leadup. I have a feeling we won't pass (he'll probably NQ on something like his stays or the stay part of his recall) but i would love to go into the ring with no expectations - it will stop me from being nervous which will help him. I'm sure he'll surprise me one way or another :thumbsup:

I can't wait to hear how it goes :) Make sure you video it for me now you hear!

He goes around the back for his LATs - it just looks cleaner for him but at the same time, I don't like having to change hands with the leash when we're doing it. I'm too uncoordinated!!

Yeah me too :thumbsup: I hope Daisy is good enough to enter in Novice eventually, then I won't have to fumble around with the leash :(

I love that pic Shell!
Nik made me do it :D - Zero is ready to be entered but with me working so many hours to launch lifestyle YOU channel, i haven't had the amount of time to work with him that i would have liked in the leadup. I have a feeling we won't pass (he'll probably NQ on something like his stays or the stay part of his recall) but i would love to go into the ring with no expectations - it will stop me from being nervous which will help him. I'm sure he'll surprise me one way or another :thumbsup:

I can't wait to hear how it goes :) Make sure you video it for me now you hear!

Yeah me too :thumbsup: I hope Daisy is good enough to enter in Novice eventually, then I won't have to fumble around with the leash :(

I love that shot too - it's about as close to Soaks as he got while they were doing zoomies and he looks like he's pushing her out the way.

Lol - I'm sure Nik will film it for me! I'll be able to view my uncoordination then!

Daisy will get there easily - she's a young dog and look how far she's come with the drive training. You'll probably get your three passes in CCD and CD before us anyway! Once summer hits, Zero can't go in the ring - it's too hot for him and i won't put him through that so this trial (which is being held at our club!) is it only opportunity this year.

Edited by ~*Shell*~

ETA: Poor Daisy - it's not her fault she found the scent and noone wanted her to find it :) - I think the wooing of a sibe who wants his go in the practice trialling ring could give her a run for her money in the noise department!

Yeah but a Sibe wooing is a nice sound. Beagles wooing makes your ears want to explode :p

While my dog might not give your dogs a run for their money in the noise department. I'll bet she'll beat them in the leaping into the air out of sheer excitement before entering the ring!!! I have to watch my nose some days, she leaps straight into the air and head butts me!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh and Shell I am jealous that you guys still have trials, we have two left for the year and then virtually nothing until february here in QLD. :( Oh well two months off to train Ella for UD I supposed... :D

Lol - Zero isn't exactly the most energetic of dogs. I don't think he's ever bounced even close to my face :laugh: Ella would definitely win in that department!

I'm pretty sure this is just about the last one for the year and it's being held at the club Zero and I go to - if he doesn't end up in the ring at this trial, the next one isn't until the end of january i think.

If he has lots of prey drive it will be easy peasy :cry:

Before doing any training in drive work, if Daisy was on a scent I could shove food under her nose and she wouldn't even notice it... now I can get focus even when there are tonnes of scents around (now I've said that, I bet she'll be completely distracted at the workshop next week :rofl::o).

Cool! I look forward to have a dog who looks up to me! :laugh:

Steve I hope you have some collars and leads! Quen broke all of my German hunting leads and a couple of choke chains. At least I know one thing: My dog has a prey drive! :cry:

Wonder how I can use that to stop him from whinging at 3 am in the morning because he wants to go for a walk??? :cry:

Edited by oceanaussi