K9 Force In Queensland

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks spotty & Huski, I have a Dances with Dogs trial tomorrow & yesterday made me realise how little work I have put into him in the last couple of months :laugh: .

Ah yes Maree was telling me about the DwD trial tomorrow! Whereabouts is it, MrsD? He looked great at the workshop :vomit:

It's at the RSPCA superstore at Slacks Creek, just off the highway, they have a big indoor training centre next to the shop, that's where it's being held. I think it starts at 1pm for anyone who's interested & wants to come down. There will be a huge range of dogs there from Starters to Advanced, so it's a good place to see what sort of standard you need to start off if anyone is considering training.

:rofl: Yep Mrs D. Apologies for the noise.

:laugh: no problems, I just pretty much switch off to anything like that after a couple of minutes anyway, the joys of having twin boys who never shut up :vomit: , so it didnt really bother me that much :eek: . Just the same as I only heard Daisy bark once or twice, I certainly didn't hear her if she barked all day like Huski says she did :eek: .

You should have said you were from DOL, or were you worried that you'd be labelled a crazy too? :laugh:

:eek: Yep Mrs D. Apologies for the noise.

:laugh: no problems, I just pretty much switch off to anything like that after a couple of minutes anyway, the joys of having twin boys who never shut up :rofl: , so it didnt really bother me that much :eek: . Just the same as I only heard Daisy bark once or twice, I certainly didn't hear her if she barked all day like Huski says she did :eek: .

You should have said you were from DOL, or were you worried that you'd be labelled a crazy too? :eek:

Yeah a little bit :vomit: I sort of spotted peoples dogs but did NOT want to start going up to people and asking oh are you such and such from DOL? :laugh: I shouldn't have cared, anyone from DOL wouldn't care if I asked LOL

I'm just glad Daisy didn't start Monster off.... his bark reverbarated through that building like nothing else!

I'm going through 169 photos most of which probably wont work because of glare... but I'll upload them to facebook and post the link in here for everyone to check out.

I recognised quite a few people by their dogs but am too shy to introduce myself... which obviously isn't the case once I know you! :laugh:

OK I am only now realising who all these people were that were sitting near me, Spotty, I didnt even CLICK that it was you & the dally :laugh: . Sparky, which dogs did you have, the 2 frenchy's?

Wildatheart, thank you :laugh: , unless I actually have my routine to do I really struggle to just make things up on the spot & ad lib in dancing so it wasn't as good as it could have been :rofl: . So what sort of dog do you have & where were you sitting so I can work out who you were? :vomit:

I was up the back with the shepherd. I was sitting next to Sparky in the morning and Seita in arvo. And that lady with the two border collies (chook and something else) was on my right.

THere must have been more dolers than not there.

Edited by WildatHeart

Yeah a little bit :vomit: I sort of spotted peoples dogs but did NOT want to start going up to people and asking oh are you such and such from DOL? :laugh: I shouldn't have cared, anyone from DOL wouldn't care if I asked LOL

You and me both! :laugh:

And the Staffy was as well behaved as mine so .. eh... don't apologise to me! :rofl:

I still think my two I brought along were the most evil ( I say that with love of course )

Stay tuned to see if I find my notes! I'm going to make the trip up later today.

..oh yes and I plan to edit the video I took... I'll post the link for those interested too when I get around to it (most likely Sunday).

Edited by AussieVee

OK I am only now realising who all these people were that were sitting near me, Spotty, I didnt even CLICK that it was you & the dally :laugh: . Sparky, which dogs did you have, the 2 frenchy's?

Yep, I was the one with the 2 frenchies... one of which has stupid amounts of drive which Steve is slowly (due to my own slackness) teaching me to use.

OK I am only now realising who all these people were that were sitting near me, Spotty, I didnt even CLICK that it was you & the dally :p . Sparky, which dogs did you have, the 2 frenchy's?

Wildatheart, thank you :o , unless I actually have my routine to do I really struggle to just make things up on the spot & ad lib in dancing so it wasn't as good as it could have been :wave: . So what sort of dog do you have & where were you sitting so I can work out who you were? :)

I was up the back with the shepherd. I was sitting next to Sparky in the morning and Seita in arvo. And that lady with the two border collies (chook and something else) was on my right.

THere must have been more dolers than not there.

Hey Wildatheart :) that was me with Chook and Styler we should have all stood up and introduced ourselves a the beginning of the day :laugh: Oh well at the next seminar. :wave:

I'm pleased that everyone enjoyed the dances with dogs It is difficult to just put on a piece of music and just starts working to it. Especially when there are so many distractions around and lots of dogs working in the same area. But I think we managed to pull it off.

Just a little background about Dances with Dogs sport. There are 2 disiplines within the sport, Freestyle which is all the tricks and the other is Heelwork to Music (HTM for short). Your routine can be from 1 - 4 minutes long. In HTM your routine content must contain a minimum of 60% Heelwork. There are 8 different positions around your body that the dogs can work in. In Freestyle your choreography is only limited by your imagination and your dogs ability.

Your costume, music and/or routine must not be offensive or sexually suggestive in language or presentation.

The dogs are only allowed to wear a decorative/co-ordinated neck collar or scarf (you cannot dress your dog up)

The sport is open to any breed of dog.

The dogs that performed for you yesterday are of different breeds, ages and abilities. Angie and Karen with the Malinios' and Mrs D with her Kelpie Jarrah are Intermediate & Novice level (if I remember correctly) Chook is only at starter level (hopefully tomorrow we can get his title tomorrow :laugh:)

It is a great sport to do with your dog and I think it is much harder than obedience as you not only have to work with your dog as a team but do it in time to the music and under high distractions as we usually perform in front of a noisy crowd who are encouraged to clap and sing along with the music.

But it is soooo much fun teaching your dogs tricks. Glad you all enjoyed the day :p

Maybe one day we might see Steve with a Shepherd (or a poodle maybe????) dancing wouldn't that be nice.. :):):o

Ah hah

Now I know who you all are !!!

We should have had name tags on with our normal names and our DOL names

I only new Huski but recognised Miss Monster's Monster.

I was the one with the pathetic whippets - nasty barking and snarling black and white one, then the bony lap dog

I think I need another dog that I can really really train in drive - these 2 area bit blonde at times but heaps improved thanks to Jane

BIG THANKYOU to Steve

LOVED the whole day especially the second half with the demo's I learnt heaps and heaps

We stayed at CT the Thursday adn Friday nights - loved every minute minus the ones where the nasty whippets barked

We drove back via Harbour Town to do a spot of factory outlet shopping - Ralph Lauren shop had a half price day, we spent 30min in the que not happy

Back in Nambour now dredding work tomorrow

lol - he was hilarious!! He really thought he could fit quite comfortably, doesnt matter if Your not comfy!!!!!!

He tries that no matter what seat I'm on - because he fits when I'm on the lounge :laugh: either that or he backs up and puts his butt between my legs and keeps his front feet on the ground

I'm pleased that everyone enjoyed the dances with dogs It is difficult to just put on a piece of music and just starts working to it. Especially when there are so many distractions around and lots of dogs working in the same area. But I think we managed to pull it off.

Just a little background about Dances with Dogs sport. There are 2 disiplines within the sport, Freestyle which is all the tricks and the other is Heelwork to Music (HTM for short). Your routine can be from 1 - 4 minutes long. In HTM your routine content must contain a minimum of 60% Heelwork. There are 8 different positions around your body that the dogs can work in. In Freestyle your choreography is only limited by your imagination and your dogs ability.

Your costume, music and/or routine must not be offensive or sexually suggestive in language or presentation.

The dogs are only allowed to wear a decorative/co-ordinated neck collar or scarf (you cannot dress your dog up)

The sport is open to any breed of dog.

The dogs that performed for you yesterday are of different breeds, ages and abilities. Angie and Karen with the Malinios' and Mrs D with her Kelpie Jarrah are Intermediate & Novice level (if I remember correctly) Chook is only at starter level (hopefully tomorrow we can get his title tomorrow :laugh:)

It is a great sport to do with your dog and I think it is much harder than obedience as you not only have to work with your dog as a team but do it in time to the music and under high distractions as we usually perform in front of a noisy crowd who are encouraged to clap and sing along with the music.

But it is soooo much fun teaching your dogs tricks. Glad you all enjoyed the day :)

Maybe one day we might see Steve with a Shepherd (or a poodle maybe????) dancing wouldn't that be nice.. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Great explanation of the sport Maree, geez anyone would think you were a judge or something :p ;) .

I have only been to one trial this year (the Ekka) as I was away for the Petacular & sick for the Gold Coast, so we only have 1 qualifying score in Novice. Good luck for Chook's title tomorrow :cheer: :cheer: :D ;) .

We had what's known as a "wardrobe malfunction" today when I realised that I have absolutely NO idea where my cane is :o so I have had to done a quick change of plan on the outfit & clothes for tomorrow & make myself a new cane as well :laugh: .

Miss Monster the pics are fantastic, there are some really good ones in there :thumbsup: .

Ok Im starting to get to work out who more & more people are who were there.

AussieVee, I hope you found them (or at least some of them).

I was the one with the pathetic whippets - nasty barking and snarling black and white one, then the bony lap dog

I'm "down the road" (about 10-15mins) from HarbourTown ... I could've said hi! oh well.

I was eye-ing off the whippets tho' because I seriously considered getting one at one point in my life. Then again, if I had my way I would own a Hairless Chinese Crested, a whippet or two, a Greyhound, Boxer, Border Collie, Labrador, Staffy ... yeah. The list won't ever end :)

Next time I'll wear a "HI MY NAME IS" tag :laugh:

(as for the notes, they're gone, lost. i couldn't find the folder... ah well.. i'm aiming to be trained by Steve next year depending on price / time / etc and i remembered everything pretty alright so yeah...)

PS I "tagged" myself on the facebook photos. Thank you so much for the photos... Kobe is photogenic! hahaha Aww... no Bella :cheer: LOL!

I'm still editing the video I took of the day. It cuts off at a point as my memory stick ran out of.. well.. memory! hahaha

Edited by AussieVee