Calcium Sandoz Syrup

Scouty

You can get it online. It's not that expensive and prices will only vary by a few dollars. A lot of produce stores have it too.

after looking on line i have picked it up for $58 delivered, not bad considering the vet was going to charge me $80! :eek:

Thanks P

scout

You can get it online. It's not that expensive and prices will only vary by a few dollars. A lot of produce stores have it too.

TROY is now putting out a calcium syrup that is chemically very similar to the Sandoz product . . . half the price at our local pets and gardens shop (~$30/litre).

TROY is now putting out a calcium syrup that is chemically very similar to the Sandoz product . . . half the price at our local pets and gardens shop (~$30/litre).

:eek:

do you what it is going to be called?

:eek:

H Scout - its called Troy Calcium syrup for dogs and cats - have used this and Sandoz and not noticed any difference and the Troy is cheaper.

after looking on line i have picked it up for $58 delivered, not bad considering the vet was going to charge me $80! :laugh:

Thanks P

scout

Oh yeah - don't buy stuff like that from the vet :) Shop prices won't vary by much. If you are using it for whelping then I'd make very sure that the Troy syrup has the same active ingredients as Cal Sandoz.

I know in the past I have given patients this medication but when I went to buy it from the chemist nobody stocked it or could order it in. Don't know what has replaced it for humans but the bottle was exactly the same.

:)

H Scout - its called Troy Calcium syrup for dogs and cats - have used this and Sandoz and not noticed any difference and the Troy is cheaper.

Yeah, but this troy product does not have any ingredient info compared to the Sandoz calcium syrup

Yeah, but this troy product does not have any ingredient info compared to the Sandoz calcium syrup

?? According to the label on the bottle the Troy product has 22 mg/mL calcium in the form of Calcium Glubionate and Calcium Lactobionate. I don't have a Sandoz bottle handy, but I compared them in the store and I'm pretty sure the active ingredients were the same.

?? According to the label on the bottle the Troy product has 22 mg/mL calcium in the form of Calcium Glubionate and Calcium Lactobionate. I don't have a Sandoz bottle handy, but I compared them in the store and I'm pretty sure the active ingredients were the same.

thanks!

going by the web info there was no "actual" mg/ml. thats why i have questioned it. Must now go back and look at the recored level on the label of the sandoz bottle

thanks mate

Does anyone use this? I need to find the cheapest place to purchase.

I am located in Vic on the Mornington Peninsula.

Thanks

Scout

Don't know Vic at all . . . why not call the nearest decent pet store and ask them if they can order it. All of them get goods from Troy. It's not a big deal to add something to the order . . . alternatively, try online purchase .. . . if the mark ups are high in your local store that may be cheaper.

Edited by sandgrubber