Bloodhound

Troy

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mmmmmmm possibly? You mean the man or the dog? :welcome:

It was a while ago - my memory isn't the best :laugh:

It would have been Creese...especially if he gave you a card. It sounds like it was the other Expo they went to a few weeks earlier..... unfortunately I had to work that day so couldn't bring my two along. We did have the 5 at the Pet Expo at Rosehill & did a number of demos . There would have been three hounds - Yoda, Tango & Mojo at the one you are referring to.

Certainly send through a PM whenever you want to come along. I'm sure we will be getting together soon to do a bit of work with them. It's alot of fun...but be prepared to do heaps of walking & possibly help with a trail or two!!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

He is gorgeous - he has only been here since yesterday so he is still settling in - he is very laid back compared to our 18 month old kelpie girl - but she is a really high energy dog - she keeps poking him and play bowing to get him to play and he looks at her like "what...." *L*.

We have never had a hound before - we have had staffy x and cattle dog x and kelpies - so a real change for us.

Looking forward to the learning curve he is going to take us on :thumbsup:

Oh my god HH she is devine!!!!! My heart skipped a beat when I saw that first pic! How often are you able to visit her? I bet you can't wait to get her out of there and in the ring and on the trail! She is a stunner!

Puppies when??? :D

Kelpiehoundmum Earl is fantastic!! How did you decide the breed was for you?

I am a my (OH's) limit for animals right now but I really love these dogs :eek:

HH I keep forgetting to send you a PM!! I'll do it now!

Good luck kelpiehoundmum....BH's are an interesting breed & Earl will 'own' you before you know it. Good luck with him!!

My Maja has a 30 day stay in quarantine & I am able to visit maximum 4 times a week....I wish it was more. She is an absolute wild child...full of energy & extremely high play drive. I think I will have my hands full with her. I may have to run a trail before I put her in the show ring to use up some of her energy :eek: . Believe me...they are not the porch dogs you see on Beverley Hillbillies...they are an active dog that can get into mischief if they are bored. But I love them just the same....

Oh my god HH she is devine!!!!! My heart skipped a beat when I saw that first pic! How often are you able to visit her? I bet you can't wait to get her out of there and in the ring and on the trail! She is a stunner!

Puppies when??? :laugh:

I am a my (OH's) limit for animals right now but I really love these dogs :D

HH I keep forgetting to send you a PM!! I'll do it now!

My OH has always liked the look of bloodhounds so I did some research on Dogz and on the net and contacted some breeders - there aren't many in Australia. I also looked for people who had owned bloodhounds and researched their general temperament and how they interacted with children

OUr breeder was very patient and gave us lots of information - the personality and temperament seemed to mesh well with our lifestyle so we went ahead with puppy enquiries ..................................and here he is.

Hi Kelpiehoundmum :flame:

Just got back from Sydney and seen Earl on here,he looks relaxed!

Edward thinks its great he is gone,because now he is eating Earls share as well,the bloody big guts.He was actually my partners favourite from the litter,he would come up on those really hot days for a hose down from him.

More pics when you get time pleeeease-have you had him out yet?

Always happy to share more photos

I sent you an email with some info about him - he is doing really well - he has gone out for a couple of walks - don't want to overwhelm him - there is a DOL meet on the 31st so he will make his DOL debut there :)

He has a vet appointment on Saturday and we are looking at taking him for his next outing in the car on Sunday - maybe to the river in the city for a walk around.

He is currently asleep on the floor next to the computer - snoring :eek: - little monster had me up at 5 o'clock and then went back to bed till 8.30 - I was at work at 1/4 to 7 as I was so awake I didn't bother going back to bed :flame:

He is a very laid back boy - does lots of sleeping but he and Rosie are getting along well - watching him chase her around the yard is particularly funny ;)

So - here are some new pics

post-25263-1263967835_thumb.jpg

Rosie and Earl with the tug toy

post-25263-1263967912_thumb.jpg

Doing what he does best - notice the little chew toy - he loves it - but he is also willing to sample anything else he can find

post-25263-1263967984_thumb.jpg

All 3 of the dogs

post-25263-1263968028_thumb.jpg

Posing :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
excellent...which country is it from? Are they bringing over a bitch or a dog?

Love to see pics when it arrives!

A bitch,she is 2yrs.Parents are hip/elbow scored,dont know about the rest,she will be getting all her tests done when out of quarantine. Hopefully there is a very nice imported stud(semen) she will be going to a bit later.

excellent...which country is it from? Are they bringing over a bitch or a dog?

Love to see pics when it arrives!

A bitch,she is 2yrs.Parents are hip/elbow scored,dont know about the rest,she will be getting all her tests done when out of quarantine. Hopefully there is a very nice imported stud(semen) she will be going to a bit later.

Excellent....I do hope the scores are great..would be a shame to go to this expense just to find out that the scores aren't brilliant, but i suppose that is exactly what I have done!. Hopefully for everybodies sake they all score very well!

Can you give me a few names in the ped...I would love to know a few names as I have been researching lines for a while now. You didn't mention but I'm assuming she came from the US? Is the semen from the US as well?

Very expensive to import a bitch & dog so I wish you (or your friend) all the best with it....quite an investment so I hope it all works out! :laugh: