The Best Thing I Heard At The Royal Was...

Elfin

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest - a big reason I very rarely enter the Royal is due to the mass crowds and constant comments/questions.

I like to sit down and enjoy a peaceful day out and that's really difficult at a Royal with so many people and so much going on.

I've entered Sydney Royal this year, I've already started saving up my 'patience' and hope I can get through the day :laugh:

ETA: thought I should probably add that I have all the time in the world for the sensible people who come and ask if you have time to talk etc.

Edited by Aziah

IN nz we got the drongos too..

Overheard by Ms Juniour Public after patting a Hairless Chinese Crested..

"It feels just like a penis"

We have a chinese crested hairless now, and at show last weekend, some public asked to pet him, the wife said Oh, its not leathery at all, the man said Hey, its like touching a wang. Wife asked how would you know?

I show Pomeranians, which are NOT poms, but either chihuahuas, or (my fav) baby samoyeds. they didnt know they come in that tan colour.

I have a black pom, i got asked what made her black. i went through a thousand replies before i just gave up and laughed.

My step daughter came camping with us last weekend to the show, and didnt know a THING about dogs, took my wee puppy for a walk and came back to tell me she didnt like the poodle people as she was telling them all bout the labradoodle she had when she was younger and how great of a dog he was. (with my 4 months old, in puppy uglies pom who looks like a cross)

She said when she grew up she was going to own a siberian malamute, like that dog over there. i asked if she meant the alaskan huskies LMAO and she said oh yeah, thats what they are called... (a few of us laughed at that)

Whenever i get the comment OHHHH so cute! i always flick my hair and say aw, thanks LOL.

of course they are meaning the dogs but i can dream!