Quick - Can Dogs Have These Vegies :)

angelsophie

:rofl: hey guys can dogs have pumpkin sweet potato and cauliflower?? And what about spinach?

I have lamb, beef, pork and veal minces and thought I would bag up some with the cooked veg I am roasting for dinner into little freezer bags. He is currently enjoying 4 chicken necks a night and loving them combined with royal canin for breakfast. Thought he needed something more than necks at dinner.

Ta

Bec

will keep you updated on the odour .............ewwwwwwwwwwww he used to be able to clear a room this little innocent little fluffy made the most awful smells.

I am making our cauliflower baken in cheese sauce I am quite sure he would give that a go :rofl: He has already been pacing over the roast lamb in the slow cooker all day :D but having said that the smell has been making us all hungry.

Wasnt very sure on the spinach/silverbeet - I have loads in the garden I though I might chuck some in??

Thankyou as always!!

bec

Don't cook it. Food process it to break down the cellulose walls though. I always put spinach and silverbeat into the veggie & fruit slops I make up for the pugs.

------------------------------------------------

MY BARF SLOPS INGREDIENTS & METHOD

Things I always include:

- container of alfala spouts

- bunch of spinach (roots cut off)

- bag of carrots

- bunch of celary

- 4 zuccinis

- 3 to 4 oranges (peeled)

- 1 pumpkin

- 2 to 4 apples (pips taken out)

- 2 to 4 bannanas (peeled)

- bunch of silverbeat

- 4 oranges

- 8 to 10 eggs (whole including shell)

- flaxseed oil (approx 250mL) (some people choose to not include this and add to the food daily)

- kelp (approx 100g)

What else you can put in:

- 1 to 2 green capsicums (stalk cut off & seeds out)

- 1 to 2 red caspsicums (stalk cut off & seeds removed)

- turnip

- squash

- 2 to 4 pears

- half to 1 pinapple

- brussel sprouts

- brocoli

- cauliflower

- bag of beans

- Apple Cider Vinegar

- Vitamin C

Chop up then process up in blender/food processor so that things turn to slops. Put each blender batch into a big bucket. Usually leave the eggs & flaxseed oil for things that don't blend very well like the pumpkin and carrots. Ingredients should fill up a bucket. Mix bucket with big ladel till all mixed through then put into take away containers & freeze untill needed.

Don't cook it. Food process it to break down the cellulose walls though. I always put spinach and silverbeat into the veggie & fruit slops I make up for the pugs.

Things I always include:

- bag of carrots

- bunch of celary

- 4 zuccinis

- 1 pumpkin

- bunch of silverbeat

- 4 oranges

- flaxseed oil (approx 250mL) (some people choose to not include this and add to the food daily)

- kelp (approx 100g)

- turnip

- squash

- 2 to 4 pears

- half to 1 pinapple

- brussel sprouts

- brocoli

- cauliflower

- bag of beans

- Apple Cider Vinegar

- Vitamin C

Chop up then process up in blender/food processor so that things turn to slops. Put each blender batch into a big bucket. Usually leave the eggs & flaxseed oil for things that don't blend very well like the pumpkin and carrots. Ingredients should fill up a bucket. Mix bucket with big ladel till all mixed through then put into take away containers & freeze untill needed.

YUm when r u inviting us for dinner :rofl:

Cockerlover the pugs are not very willing to share their slops with others. :)

What meat do you add to the mixture?

Because my pugs are only little and adults I feed a rotational diet of meat and bones and add one or two tablespoons of the slops to that every night. Last weeks meals were: Monday - chicken necks & slops, Tuesday - sardines & slops, Wednesday - chicken necks & slops, Thursday - rabbit & slops, Friday - lamb bone, Saturday - offal & slops, Sunday - kangaroo & slops. If I had larger dogs or pups I would do things differently.

Things I always include:

- bag of carrots

- bunch of celary

- 4 zuccinis

- 1 pumpkin

- bunch of silverbeat

- 4 oranges

- kelp (approx 100g)

- turnip

- squash

- 2 to 4 pears

- half to 1 pinapple

- brussel sprouts

- brocoli

- cauliflower

- bag of beans

- Apple Cider Vinegar

- Vitamin C

Pretty much what I do... my veggies are pretty much whatever is on special! I mix it up in the sink.

Things I always include:

- bag of carrots

- bunch of celary

- 4 zuccinis

- 1 pumpkin

- bunch of silverbeat

- 4 oranges

- kelp (approx 100g)

- turnip

- squash

- 2 to 4 pears

- half to 1 pinapple

- brussel sprouts

- brocoli

- cauliflower

- bag of beans

- Apple Cider Vinegar

- Vitamin C

This list is just brilliant....

My guys love their fruit & veg but there is alot more on your list that I will mix in too,

Your way of mixing and storing sounds alot more practical too....THANKS

Is lettuce ok?

my little one enjoyed the lettuce I fed her last night...

she likes vegies - will eat all of them - wont eat any fruit though.

puggy_puggy - you have any good website recommendations for BARF? I have an 18mth old sheltie who has some allergies - Kikuyu is the main one. I have tried a few dried foods on the market that say they are good for sensitive skin - but haven't found anything yet. Am only just starting to learn about BARF