Litters Due In December 2009

Bilbo Baggins

MissMonaro......congrats on your new bubbies

Shellbyville.......all the best for a "no-problems" whelping for your girl

Ozstar.......Give scarlett's belly a rub from me, hope all goes well

Now I am starting to get a little anxious, all these babies are coming a few days early......been watching my girl like a hawke just in case she decides to follow the trend....

Best wishes all, and here's hoping the whelping fairy makes the rounds..

Look forward to seeing pics of all the new babies..

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well so far we have 5 puppies, 3 black girls, 1 yellow boy and 1 black boy. She still has a few more, but is doing such a good job. She is resting between pups, which are approx. 30 - 40 minutes apart and pups are strong, sucking really well. We are stoked here!

Well so far we have 5 puppies, 3 black girls, 1 yellow boy and 1 black boy. She still has a few more, but is doing such a good job. She is resting between pups, which are approx. 30 - 40 minutes apart and pups are strong, sucking really well. We are stoked here!

:laugh: wow she is doing a fantastic job, spitting them out :thumbsup:

Scarlet is still in the heavy panting, moving around the box stage

my naturals never start before midnight :(

Leanne

Good luck Ozstar. My girl has slowed down a bit, but there are still a few more in there. So we will both be having no sleep tonight. Also my girl is a bit overwhelmed with the puppies, but is a text book whelper, just not as maternal as I would hope. She has had a litter before, and wasn't great with pups, but I thought that was just from being a maiden, but looks like she is going to be the same again. It took her a few days to really settle with the pups last time, but she eventually came good.

Good luck Ozstar. My girl has slowed down a bit, but there are still a few more in there. So we will both be having no sleep tonight. Also my girl is a bit overwhelmed with the puppies, but is a text book whelper, just not as maternal as I would hope. She has had a litter before, and wasn't great with pups, but I thought that was just from being a maiden, but looks like she is going to be the same again. It took her a few days to really settle with the pups last time, but she eventually came good.

Hopefully your girl will come around quickly for you. Good luck with the few you have left to go.

Hopefully Scarlet will be a good mum, she has stuck her head into the other box with Storm's babies (when Storm was outside) and has tried to toilet them.

Still waiting here, she hasn't started pushing yet and babies are very active.

Leanne

Yellow girl born at midnight. I think that may be it. She feels empty, but I have said that before and then the bitch has delivered another one. She seems much happier now though. I will keep a very close eye on her with pups, but I think she will recover quickly and be fine. Good luck with your girl, hope all goes really well for you.

Edited to say that the little girl was born outside while taking mum for a toilet break. She squatted and I caught her just in time. Walking her around between some of the pups definitely helped I think.

Edited by shellbyville

Congrats Shelbyville.....sounds like all has gone well for you.

Hope all the new puppies for everyone are doing well and the new mums to be are progressing along good too.

I'm very tired and hoping that our girl will start toileting her own babies soon.

I'll pop back in tomorrow and see if anyone else has any more updates.

:laugh:

Whoops, make that 8, a black boy born at 2.30am. My palpating of the abdomen/uterus skills obviously are not very good.

She had a hard time delivering him. He had come out of his sack and his mouth was wide open and his bottom jaw was caught and her pushing wasn't making it any easier. Sorry to be so graphic! However I read about this very thing online today, doing a bit of a refresher before the big event and one site said this exact thing could happen. I had to push him back a bit before he could come out. He was very limp for awhile but came good and was quite snuffly for a bit, I guess he swallowed quite a lot of fluid, with his mouth open and mum pushing him like that. Poor little guy, but after a bit of gentle persuasion he had a suck and seems fine.

Now I am not so confident there isn't more in there, so maybe sleep will be awhile off yet.

Edited by shellbyville

So far seems everyone is getting a pretty even split with the boys/girls, hope

that happens for mine.

Congrats Shellbyville, on the safe arrival of your babies, and to the mumma on a job well done..

Look forward to seeing pics..

Edited by Chopperlodge

Still no news here

Scarlet managed to get a few hours sleep (lucky her)

so far all is good, no pushing or straining

hopefully by mid day might have some better news

god I need sleep though :o

Leanne

it would be so kind of her if she started during the day and finished just in time for tea, best wishes for an easy whelping and healthy babies :laugh:

The final breakdown is 3 black girls, 1 yellow girl, 2 yellow boys, 2 black boys. All good size around 450 - 500 grams, except one little yellow boy who was just over 350 grams, but very strong.

:) congrats onthe new babies!

Still no news here

Scarlet managed to get a few hours sleep (lucky her)

so far all is good, no pushing or straining

hopefully by mid day might have some better news

god I need sleep though :laugh:

Leanne

Have been thinking about you all night Leanne, hopefully she will have them through the day, be a fantastic mum and then you can get a good night sleep tonight. Best of luck & keep us posted.

I don't hop on here all that often but when you are filling in time awaiting the whelping and after you get a bit of time to catch up on dogzonline news.