Litters Due In December 2009

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh geeze I would be uncomfortable with that belly!! look at it!! its almost touching the ground - lol

I can't remember if you mentioned a count on puppies - do you know roughly how many she is having?

I will jump on the band wagon and ask for one of scarlet's puppies as well :rofl:

Not long to go now - what colour are you expecting?

Only a little more wait for me to go too - she is still holding off which is good!!

Phoenix is starting to slow down with her food, she is an inhaler but when she had brekky this morning it looked like an effort for her :cheer: her temp was 38.1 last night, 37.4 this morning and 37.3 now...does the temp drop suddenly or gradual? still hoping for birth 1st dec !!

That is sounding exciting kelpiesrule!

All the best with everything :laugh:

My girls temp has dropped this morning quite considerably! she was 37.4 most of yesterday and last night but this morning she was 36.4!!! She did however have a drop in temp saturday morning - so I am just wondering if I did not get a good reading - so I will take her temp again soon to see if it continues to stay low? Both my vets suggest this thermometer so it can't be too wrong - maybe just my human error!! lol

She seems happy - but she is certainly getting uncomfortable - she has been sleeping flat on her back the last 2 days - her pot belly poking up to the sky - its pretty funny - but also a good time to sit and quietly watch all the commotion going on inside her ;)

Ozstar - I think Scarlet has the most pretties head I have ever seen! no wonder everyone wants puppies from her :)

I have changed my mind - i would much rather her - ;)

When is she due PP? That's a really decent drop, the temp won't necessarily stay down and it's likely you've caught it at or around it's lowest point so you could take in an hour and will be back up again (that's how easy it can be to miss).

Scarlet has 6 days to go. She is becoming more uncomfortable and acting like she is pregnant now ;)

scarlet8wks-1.jpg

scarlet8wks.jpg

I am getting a lot of interest for show puppies from all around Aust, everyone seems to want a Scarlet baby :)

Leanne

OOOOOooh look at that belly, bet she is ''over it'' now, not long to go, will be handing out for news & pics......

Phoenix was alot more restless last night and temp down to 37.1 this morning... Im at work today, but have a friend at home with her, so if she starts im straight home... but hopefully she will hold off until tonight or tomorrow.

Hope she hangs on for you, all the best....

My girls temp has dropped this morning quite considerably! she was 37.4 most of yesterday and last night but this morning she was 36.4!!! She did however have a drop in temp saturday morning - so I am just wondering if I did not get a good reading - so I will take her temp again soon to see if it continues to stay low? Both my vets suggest this thermometer so it can't be too wrong - maybe just my human error!! lol

She seems happy - but she is certainly getting uncomfortable - she has been sleeping flat on her back the last 2 days - her pot belly poking up to the sky - its pretty funny - but also a good time to sit and quietly watch all the commotion going on inside her ;)

All the best for your wee girl,

Indy has taken to the ''belly up'' position as well lately..

Edited by Chopperlodge

She is due at the earliest on the 3rd - but vet seemed to think that she has more then 2 pups in there which is a fairly decent litter size for a pom - he thinks certainly 3 but maybe 4 - she did come from a litter of four but she is much smaller then her mum - and shorter in back for a girl too - so maybe due to these factors she may come early???

When I check her temp I take 3 readings and average them - i do this in the morning and at night - but I am taking them when I see a sudden change in character with her - the thermometer does not seem to far from each reading, but I just do 3 readings at a time anyway - this morning she read 36.4 36.4 and 36.6 = average 36.46 --- now I have taken her temp again though she is a little more lively then before but not bouncing around or anything and I know you need to take it when they are quite - first temp 36.6, 36.9 and 36.9 = 36.8

I will just keep an eye on her anyway :laugh:

Scarlet has 6 days to go. She is becoming more uncomfortable and acting like she is pregnant now :mad

scarlet8wks-1.jpg

scarlet8wks.jpg

I am getting a lot of interest for show puppies from all around Aust, everyone seems to want a Scarlet baby :laugh:

Leanne

OOOOOooh look at that belly, bet she is ''over it'' now, not long to go, will be handing out for news & pics......

Phoenix was alot more restless last night and temp down to 37.1 this morning... Im at work today, but have a friend at home with her, so if she starts im straight home... but hopefully she will hold off until tonight or tomorrow.

Hope she hangs on for you, all the best....

All the best for your wee girl,

Indy has taken to the ''belly up'' position as well lately..

haha :laugh:

its funny isn't it and so elegant!!!!

but always good to sneak up and watch all the little ones moving around in there - always a good sign :rofl:

Thank you for the well wishes!

Will do!!! She is huge and has been having bouts of panting on & off for the last few days, but I am pretty sure it is the heat. Her temperature has not dropped at all. She is officially due on Saturday. Unsure if she will make it to the due date, her body certainly looks ready, everything and I mean everything is big and has dropped!!!

OOOoooOOO too exciting :cry:

hey you might be the first litter announcement for December!!! :)

Is anyone else here feeling their girl is getting close??

all the best again - boy she looks like she is going to explode! I don't think she looks like she will hold off much longer - lol

jess.

Well I still think my girl reabsorbed but as I have never had this before thought I would ask a few questions. She has had milk for about a week and been nesting as well. About a week ago her tummy had disappeared and she had a bit of brown discharge which was why I thought she reabsorbed. Her ribs are still a bit round looking but her tummy is quite thin (compared to a pregnant tummy) and she has just had some clear mucus discharge which is similar to her discharge with her successful litter. Could she have reabsorbed some and still have a pup or two up in her rib cage? I havent felt any movemnets either. She would have been due tomorrow. I want to hope but at the same time dont want to set myself up for disappointment.

WOW Shelbyville - your girl is huge !!

Our girl has about 5 days to go too and we just took some more photos of her tonite.

To protect her private parts I have added to the photos. :laugh:

She is panting and has been busy shuffling the paper around the whelping box....but we think that was only to hide the chicken wings we gave her.

post-1591-1259579929_thumb.jpg

post-1591-1259579954_thumb.jpg