Ivan's Not Well

ruthless

He went to the vet over a month ago and got ABs and a cough syrup. They said it was kennel cough. He didn't get better so he went back again tonight. He has to go for x-rays tomorrow morning. They said it could be bronchitis or asthma or a lung tumor :cry: He seems to have aged quite a bit in the last month. He's 11 in January. He's not a young dog, but he's never really acted his age until now.

My OH took him, so he didn't ask the what ifs that I would've asked! What if it is cancer? What are his options?

Edited by ruthless

Might be a long shot and the xrays could have already turned up something else. But if they don't perhaps it's a allergic bronchial irritation.

An ex foster puggy had a little rumbling cough that would not go away. I think two at least courses of antibiotics were tried and it persisted. A chest xray was taken that showed nothing. As a last resort I suggested trying some Claratyne for a few weeks. And hey presto the Claratyne got rid of the cough.

OH just rang the vets. His lungs are fine but there's an irregularity around his heart. They're not able to tell what it is so they've to send the x-rays somewhere else. I'm not sure how long it will take to get the results back, forgot to ask OH.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it. I was just making his food and he spent at least a minute doing roundabouts on the back deck, so he can't be too sick :(

As soon as we hear back about the xrays I'll let you know ;)

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it. I was just making his food and he spent at least a minute doing roundabouts on the back deck, so he can't be too sick :rofl:

As soon as we hear back about the xrays I'll let you know :rofl:

Roundabouts on the back deck......Go Ivan. :rofl: