Sasha's Blend Vs Jointguard

~*Shell*~

Another option is Glyde powder. When Sally was diagnosed with HD earlier this year, we were told to start her on a joint suppliment straight away and decided on glyde as it has all three, green lipped mussels, chondroitin and glucosamine.

I've started giving it to both my girls because it can't hurt them both to have it. We put it on their breakfast every morning. They've never refused breakfast with the powder on, but then again, they are beagles.

I'll be doing further xray's in February next year to see if there is any change in her hips from the xray's this year in February.. Fingers crossed the xrays are the same.

We also give our girls dried green lipped mussels and shark cartilage every morning.

I tried Joint Guard with my old bully, but after advise from a bull mastiff breeder, actually bought a joint supplement from the chemist, same ingredients and heaps cheaper!

I used Natures Way Joint Supplement and actually found it helped his mild arthritis alot more than the Joint Guard did :thumbsup:

Might be worth a try?

Thanks for that link Raff. Gonna grab some next time im out :(

I use Wagner's Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSN all in one mix.

Interesting thing that I got from my Naturopath- I've had trouble with my lower back lately and I asked him what I should be doing to stregnthen it. As well as excercise he recommended Bovine Collagen powder. Apparently as the body ages it finds it increasingly difficult to make collagen and so this is a good way to supplement it and it is recomended for people who have shelfish allergies.

I tried Joint Guard with my old bully, but after advise from a bull mastiff breeder, actually bought a joint supplement from the chemist, same ingredients and heaps cheaper!

I used Natures Way Joint Supplement and actually found it helped his mild arthritis alot more than the Joint Guard did :)

Might be worth a try?

Thanks for that link Raff. Gonna grab some next time im out :laugh:

Human products don't absorb as well, the molecule size is too large and isn't effective. It can also upset their stomaches.

Sasha's Blend doesn't contain Glucosamine as such, it has Abalone Shell in it instead, which has traces of Glucosamine in it, but inadequate amounts :D

Chondroitin is very important, its role is to stop further breakdown of cartilage.

So using it in conjunction with Glucosamine & MSM is recommended, otherwise Glucosamine is helping to build cartilage, but there is nothing there to stop it from breaking down....

The clinical data says different....I didn't expect it to but it does...