Allergic Reaction To Vaccination - Worse This Year Even With Preshot S

I wouldn't vaccinate him again.

Our STafford had a smallish lump one year that was sore for a few days and went away, the next it was like my flat stretched out hand and fingers hot, sore and he wouldn't/couldn't lift his head!

He hasn't been vaccinated now for quite a few years, can't remember how many, I just told the vets he wasn't getting done so they stopped seding reminders!

Get him Titre tested and a letter from your vet stating why you are titre testing and not vaccinating.

YOu need to remember with allergic reactions, each time you/they are exposed the reaction is generally worse! Anaphylactic collapse is not what you want to potentially be dealing with!

Hope he feels better soon

I wouldn't vaccinate him again.

Our STafford had a smallish lump one year that was sore for a few days and went away, the next it was like my flat stretched out hand and fingers hot, sore and he wouldn't/couldn't lift his head!

He hasn't been vaccinated now for quite a few years, can't remember how many, I just told the vets he wasn't getting done so they stopped seding reminders!

Get him Titre tested and a letter from your vet stating why you are titre testing and not vaccinating.

YOu need to remember with allergic reactions, each time you/they are exposed the reaction is generally worse! Anaphylactic collapse is not what you want to potentially be dealing with!

Hope he feels better soon

Thanks. We have several family members who have allergies (peanut,egg etc) and with each subsequent exposure the reaction got significantly worse. These things we eliminate not wanting to push to the point of an anaphylactic type reaction. This is why I worry about his reactions to his vaccinations so far. The lump Mokha developed each time has gotten much bigger too.I am all for vaccination, I have vaccinated all my kids and my dogs, just Mokhas case has caused me to rethink in his case. I would not hesitate to vaccinate any other dog I have in the future but I think the yearly thing is a bit over the top.

Is this the same dog that has allergies? If so he should definitely not be vaccinated... You want to get a hold of Frick & Brook's study on Viral vaccines and the effects on atopy and also research some of the stuff Dr Jean Dodds has done in this area...

I'd avoid vaccines from now on. The joint problems worry me - if a dog is predisposed to immune issues, a vaccine could flare up a case of immune mediated polyarthritis. Our referral hospital is now recommending cases of IMP not be vaccinated due to the link.

Do they include allergic dogs in that category (i.e. "immune issues") Stormie and do you have any links or other info on it?

Ta!

Edited by zayda_asher

I am all for vaccination, I have vaccinated all my kids ....

We all advocate vaccination Mokhahouse. But it is the continuous vaccinations that is the problem - we're over-doing it and actually taxing our dogs' immune systems with the bombardment of all the drugs we give, inject and apply.

Everyone, think about it :

• Do you vaccinate your children year in year out, or even every three years?
  • How many different forms of drugs is your dog subjected to, and how often, how much?

For the last question, take into account things such as :

Heartworm

General worming

Vaccination

Chemically based shampoos

Spot-ons

Flea/Tick Collars

Ear cleaners

Not to mention preservatives and other such things that are included and/or affect some of the foods we might feed them.

Count up how many applications of each of the above things in the list that you would apply/give each month and then multiply it by 12. Then multiply that figure by 15 or whatever other age you believe a healthy dog should live to. I wonder what it would look like if we collected every one of those things and put them in a HUGE container representing that total 'life-time' amount. I'm sure many would be quite shocked at the chemical invasion we force on our dogs. And I'm equally certain that many would be quite shocked when we took away those of which were only absolutely necessary, as I'm certain in many cases the container would still be considerably well stocked.

Then there's the frequent and sometimes all too ready administration of anti-biotics; General Anaesthesia; Cortisone (injections/ointments); anti-inflammatories such as Rimmedel; and so on and so forth.

Sure - some of these are necessary, but not always and not for every dog. Yet we are so blindsided into believing that all of this stuff is always for the dog's own good, without much consideration as to how we are beating their immune systems silly. And just because dogs are not showing the signs of allergic reactions, doesn't mean the dog's system is thriving under the influence of all that drug load.

Drugs are good if they are used judiciously and with forethought and only when necessary and absolutely wise.

IMO

Edited by Erny

I'd avoid vaccines from now on. The joint problems worry me - if a dog is predisposed to immune issues, a vaccine could flare up a case of immune mediated polyarthritis. Our referral hospital is now recommending cases of IMP not be vaccinated due to the link.

Do they include allergic dogs in that category (i.e. "immune issues") Stormie and do you have any links or other info on it?

Ta!

Sorry Zayda, I don't know about the allergic dog side of things - I just know through experience at work, that many of the cases of immune mediated polyarthritis and thrombocytopenia are occurring a week or two following vaccination. If you google Immune Mediated Polyarthritis and Vaccination, you'll get some info about that. As to whether or not the vaccine is specifically causing the issue, or its actually that the problem was lying dormant so to speak and the vaccine was enough to play with the immune system and let it go, is not known.

Interestingly, the last case of IM Thrombocytopenia I saw, came on within 2 weeks of the dogs C3 vaccine. Apparently the dog had a reaction each time their vet vaccinated it (lethargic, vomiting) but they boarded regularly and didn't think it was that bad and never mentioned it!!

Your dog is vaccinated & needs no further assaults to the immune system....ALL VACCINE REACTIONS SHOULD BE REPORTED, YET ONLY A FEW EVER ARE, that is why there is constantly this problem, where Vets think Vaccines are HARMLESS & drug companies hide behind the FALSE statistics (cos no one reports the reactions)............sigh.............

Sorry Zayda, I don't know about the allergic dog side of things - I just know through experience at work, that many of the cases of immune mediated polyarthritis and thrombocytopenia are occurring a week or two following vaccination. If you google Immune Mediated Polyarthritis and Vaccination, you'll get some info about that. As to whether or not the vaccine is specifically causing the issue, or its actually that the problem was lying dormant so to speak and the vaccine was enough to play with the immune system and let it go, is not known.

Interestingly, the last case of IM Thrombocytopenia I saw, came on within 2 weeks of the dogs C3 vaccine. Apparently the dog had a reaction each time their vet vaccinated it (lethargic, vomiting) but they boarded regularly and didn't think it was that bad and never mentioned it!!

Cool... thanks for then info... I'll look into it a bit more :laugh:

ALL VACCINE REACTIONS SHOULD BE REPORTED, YET ONLY A FEW EVER ARE, that is why there is constantly this problem, where Vets think Vaccines are HARMLESS & drug companies hide behind the FALSE statistics (cos no one reports the reactions)............sigh.............

Totally! All reactions to any medication should be reported!!

[*]How many different forms of drugs is your dog subjected to, and how often, how much?

For the last question, take into account things such as :

Heartworm

General worming

Vaccination

Chemically based shampoos

Spot-ons

Flea/Tick Collars

Ear cleaners

Not to mention preservatives and other such things that are included and/or affect some of the foods we might feed them.

Its amazing isn't it? Drugs that we would only give ourselves as needed we give to our dogs on a regular basis, with out need!

Your dog is vaccinated & needs no further assaults to the immune system....ALL VACCINE REACTIONS SHOULD BE REPORTED, YET ONLY A FEW EVER ARE, that is why there is constantly this problem, where Vets think Vaccines are HARMLESS & drug companies hide behind the FALSE statistics (cos no one reports the reactions)............sigh.............

I tried many channels to report the death of my dog to the drug company concerned - they did not want to know. The NZVA did not want to know.

I tried many channels to report the death of my dog to the drug company concerned - they did not want to know. The NZVA did not want to know.

This is very concerning. You would think they would be interested in all the results,good and bad so that perhaps recommendations could be made as to unsuitable or high risk dogs for vaccinating . A different vaccination protocol could be applied to these dogs. How do you know which vaccination could be the fatal one. A small reaction to start, getting worse each time but not considered too serious until your dogs immune system cant take any more. I am very sorry about the death of your dog and the lack of interest from the drug company involved.