First Chewing Gum, Then Wd40, Then Dish Washing Liquid!

Sam&Saki

....... Dogs don't absorb through their skin.

:confused: Dunno about this..................... Think of all those spot-on flea/ tick treatments that are absorbed thru skin e.g. Advantix, Frontline.

I was told that they bond to the coat. That is why it is best not put on right after a bath.

It is best put on a day or two after as it bonds better to the coat.

If this has changed, I am sure people will let me know. :rofl:

Dogs do not sweat through their skin they sweat through their mouth and feet.

If fluid carn't get out it will not be able to get in. :D

Thanks everyone.

In the end it was:

-Chewing gum in Saki's coat

-WD40 to get chewy out (didn't work)

-Dish washing liquid to get WD40 out (did work)

-Eucalyptus oil to get chewy out (works on chewy but caused colour to run out of chewy and into her coat!!! :love: )

-Dog shampoo to get eucalyptus smell out (sorta worked) & pink out (so didn't work at all)

-Rolling in the dirt and grass to get eucalyptus smell out (worked some more)

-Hosed down to get dirt and grass off.

& so Saki now has been washed a bazillion times, has no chewy on her, but does have a small, stubborn fluro pink patch of fur :(

I've finally started recharging the camera battery now.

Somehow I suspect the fluro pink stain of doom will still be there when it's charged :(

You could always add a few more fluoro pink spots and pretend it was meant to be there! :( Or just in time for Halloween cover it with fake blood :love:

Thanks everyone.

In the end it was:

-Chewing gum in Saki's coat

-WD40 to get chewy out (didn't work)

-Dish washing liquid to get WD40 out (did work)

-Eucalyptus oil to get chewy out (works on chewy but caused colour to run out of chewy and into her coat!!! :love: )

-Dog shampoo to get eucalyptus smell out (sorta worked) & pink out (so didn't work at all)

-Rolling in the dirt and grass to get eucalyptus smell out (worked some more)

-Hosed down to get dirt and grass off.

& so Saki now has been washed a bazillion times, has no chewy on her, but does have a small, stubborn fluro pink patch of fur :(

Awwww Saki has punk pink highlights, very stylish :(

Saki's pink splotch :)

SakiPinkSpot.jpg

There is not a bit of chewy left in her fur, absolutely none at all, her fur is actually dyed fluro pink there now :love:

Perhaps I should add some more, and she could be a pink polka dot doggy for a while :(

Halloween is on Saturday ....... :laugh:

WD40 will bring out chewing Gum. It's only oil. Just wash the area well after use. Dogs don't absorb through their skin.

if dogs dont absorb though their skin how does frontline work i think dogs absorb though their skin

Bwwwwaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaahhhaaaaa!! That is hilarious! (sorry)

I did this exact same thing with my 5 year old son 2 weeks ago. Except it was bouncing putty stuff - and he fell asleep in it. It was bright blue and thoroughly stuck in about a quarter of his hair. The websites said to use WD40 to get it out, but I was a little reluctant to spray it on his head, so I used olive oil and a fine tooth comb. It came out fine. 4 shampoos and one very frustrated child later he was as good as new. I would have freaked if the colour had come out as well.

Maybe you could try bleaching it? Blonde streaks would look noice yes?

WD40 will bring out chewing Gum. It's only oil. Just wash the area well after use. Dogs don't absorb through their skin.

if dogs dont absorb though their skin how does frontline work i think dogs absorb though their skin

The way Frontline was explained to me is that you put it on somewhere where the dog can't lick, and it gets absorbed and distributed through the oils on the dogs skin. THAT is why you don't wash them 2 days prior or following, because prior they don't have enough oil to work properly and afterwards because it takes time to make its way around the body. Frontline has nothing to do with fur. If it did it would only treat the hair you applied it to!

Sam that pink spot is awesome! Just tell everyone you did it for breast cancer month - there's still an hour and 15 mins of it left! :thumbsup: