Adelaide Hills - Vets?

Gogee

For all you Adelaide Hills DOLers - we may be moving up to Nairne early next year, which means having to leave our current great Vets behind :)

Can you recommend any vets in the Hills that are a cut above the rest?

We have sighthounds, so it would be great to see a vet familiar with them too....any suggestions?

Also do you know if there are any emergency/after hours vets in the hills at all? (just in case! :) )

Thanks a bunch :thumbsup:

We live in Strathalbyn and have just started using the Mount Barker Veterinary Clinic on the Flaxley Rd. We are really happy with it thus far and they do have an after hours emegency service. They are definitely the best we have come across so far and we have spoken to around 3. I am not sure whether they know a lot about sighthounds but a phone call couldn't hurt. Hope that helps.

This might be a bit far from you but while I was in the Hills I used to go to the 'hills veterinary clinic' in Blackwood. They are still the best vet I've ever been to and I'd definately recommend them!!!

If this is the Vet on the right hand side of the road when you are heading north, then I second your recommendation, they are great, and they do get a lot of sighthounds up there.

Dr. Rebecca Stanton is an excellent vet and she was there part time.

Trish

Before my fabulous vet moved from NSW to Aberfoyle Park, this was ten years ago, I used to travel to the Mt. Barker Vet on Flaxley Road, coming from my way through Echunga, they were on the left hand side on Flaxley road sounds like the same vet, their driveway ran down off the road, they were fantastic, but because I have Frenchies I knew that I would have to have a vet that understood them, fortunately Dr. Ashley James had just come from NSW and he used to be the vet for friends of mine with Frenchies and they told me to find out where he was.

I went to that vet for about six years and had nothing but praise. ;)