Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Was really nice to meet you tumbleweed, and well done on your passes for Rally and also your run in Agility!!

I'm definitely still smiling Ptolomy, although a bit annoyed this morning, because Ari has come into seasons so we will have to pull her from the tracking trial this Saturday.I'm a bit bummed, as I think she was ready!! bloody bitches...

I do find the weight thing interesting and i suppose it's all about the judge etc. I keep Lulu slim and she has great muscle tone at the moment. I wouldn't change that for any judge. She looks fantastic and healthy. sometimes I wish that we could have a specialty where the judge has us move the dogs for a long period of time. i love watching the Rotty specialties.

Was really nice to meet you tumbleweed, and well done on your passes for Rally and also your run in Agility!!

I'm definitely still smiling Ptolomy, although a bit annoyed this morning, because Ari has come into seasons so we will have to pull her from the tracking trial this Saturday.I'm a bit bummed, as I think she was ready!! bloody bitches...

I do find the weight thing interesting and i suppose it's all about the judge etc. I keep Lulu slim and she has great muscle tone at the moment. I wouldn't change that for any judge. She looks fantastic and healthy. sometimes I wish that we could have a specialty where the judge has us move the dogs for a long period of time. i love watching the Rotty specialties.

Yes i keep my girls slimmer than most of the rottis just put a tad bit more on her this time oh well live and learn :D

well done everyone on their successful weekend :D

Page 3 :eek:

Well foal watch sucks... I am so tired and still no foal to show for it!

It will probably come during the storms .

Do you have a foal watch service here ??

My friends in Melbourne send there mares across the road to the foal watch section after many year of waiting & waiting & more waiting in crap weather they decided the fee for them to sit up was so worth it but they where also lucky it was a 20 metre walk .

The facilities where amazing & they used it as part of the training of staff plus all there own racing mares foaled there

We could send mares away and I did consider it as the mare I am currently waiting for is my "heart" horse (even if she is a bitch :laugh: ) but as Mum pointed out I would stress more if I couldn't check on her myself :o Also with 2 mares to foal it does end up costly as you need to send them at least a month prior to due date at around $40 a day then also pay around $600 for the foaling down service.

I had to laugh as I bought a horse magazine today which had a "foaling pictorial" of what to look for when a mare foals. Included in it is the mare waxes up 14 hours prior to foaling... Diva has been waxed up for over a week :rofl:

I just hope tonight is not the night as I "have" to work tomorrow. Tomorrow night in the storms would be fine though as my boss can cover for me on Wednesday :o Although if everything is fine and it happens not too late at night then going to work isn't a problem anyway :laugh:

We could send mares away and I did consider it as the mare I am currently waiting for is my "heart" horse (even if she is a bitch :laugh: ) but as Mum pointed out I would stress more if I couldn't check on her myself :o Also with 2 mares to foal it does end up costly as you need to send them at least a month prior to due date at around $40 a day then also pay around $600 for the foaling down service.

I had to laugh as I bought a horse magazine today which had a "foaling pictorial" of what to look for when a mare foals. Included in it is the mare waxes up 14 hours prior to foaling... Diva has been waxed up for over a week :rofl:

I just hope tonight is not the night as I "have" to work tomorrow. Tomorrow night in the storms would be fine though as my boss can cover for me on Wednesday :o Although if everything is fine and it happens not too late at night then going to work isn't a problem anyway :laugh:

You just jinxed yourself you know that right :D Good luck with the impending foaling come on diva we are all waiting. And i agree steal a fluffy puppy i want cuddles too :D

Just thought I'd say hi to all the WA people in here :-) Moved from NZ not long ago with my Terv Indie, my cat and my husband of course. Hoping to get into herding among other things with my next dog so if someone could point me in the right direction that'd be great! Having trouble finding indie some doggie friends so if anyone ever wants a play I'd love to be included!

Welcome Mashlee :) how are you liking WA so far?

I can't be sure but I think that herding is held south of Perth. If you PM Weasels she can point you in the right direction. I believe there is also a club website.

We occasionally have DOLer meet ups but they usually take place in Summer at the beach :) we usually talk about it in here then put it in the DOL Social Events section. nothing planned as yet but now the weather is getting better (well,except the last couple of days!) I'm sure there will be something.

1346720344[/url]' post='5948767']

Welcome Mashlee :) how are you liking WA so far?

I can't be sure but I think that herding is held south of Perth. If you PM Weasels she can point you in the right direction. I believe there is also a club website.

We occasionally have DOLer meet ups but they usually take place in Summer at the beach :) we usually talk about it in here then put it in the DOL Social Events section. nothing planned as yet but now the weather is getting better (well,except the last couple of days!) I'm sure there will be something.

Thanks, it's been great so far! Though we got caught up in the big storm a couple months back and had power out for a while. It was quite exciting! The animals love it here, indie has a blast at the beaches. Thanks, I'm pretty new to it all so I'd like to get a handle on it before my next dog is due lol.

Haha yeah people told me it was sunny all the time here :-P but it has rained a fair bit. I'll get over in though. Cool cant wait for next meet up! I am slowly switching indie to raw and I've already noticed a spike in her energy levels, hard to tire her out by myself now so she needs some dogs to chase!

Edited by Mashlee08

Hi Mashlee08 :) :wave:

Yes we do herding down south near Mandurah, but training is on hold at the moment, for at least the next 2 weeks :) If you want to know more I can hopefully answer your questions or you can email the club - [email protected] :)

I loooooove Tervs :D

gonna get my arse into gear and come down to watch one day i swear

Hi Weasels, Cool that's pretty close to me I am in Rockingham. Lol I have about a million questions! I kind of want to shadow someone to get the feel of it but I don't want to creep people out haha. I am really interested but no idea where to begin or if my current dog even has the temperament to do it. Showing and agility I have all the contacts in the world, but herding, not so much.

So where does a beginner start?

Thanks :-) she is a special one alright, finally got on the lap top so I could attach some photos :) here she is!

post-45877-0-10331500-1346735912_thumb.jpg

post-45877-0-17293600-1346736221_thumb.jpg