Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Any vacancies where you work? :happydance:

Haha, that'd be nice, then maybe we could convince them to let us bring our Labs to work ;)

I've been working on my boss for that one for a while. He knows I'm Lab crazy and often tells me stories about his son's Lab :thumbsup: I've been able to take my girls to the work Xmas BBQ twice now but its just too hard to get them into the city when parking is outrageously expensive ;) And my girls are too hyper to pass them off as guide dogs in training to ride the train :)

I wish I could take him on lots of smaller walks, but I'm out of the house from 8am until 5.30pm during the week so it's a bit hard to be able to do that :happydance:

I will mash up some veges tonight, and maybe mix it with some roo meat for his Kong. I feed my cats roo meat, so it's easy to just steal some of theirs. Would it be worth me changing Henry to a diet of roo meat? We have a vet appointment tonight so I'll be getting some advice from them. I'm always a bit catious of food advice from vets, I have found that some foods they recommend are because they have deals with the supplier. I have no problem preparing my own food for Henry from scratch.

I'm taking him to Northern Suburbs Dog Club which is I think about 40 minutes from me (I've only been in Perth a year and am still finding my way around).

I'd happily leave Henry inside, but we have 2 cats, and polished wooden stairs, I'd hate to see him get excited and hurt himself on the stairs. The way my house is designed allows the cats to sit upstairs and look at him through the glass, down to the first floor, and he gets a bit silly when he sees them.

Where do you get roo tails from?

Hi there,

I also go to Northern Suburbs training, I will be going straight from class to the picnic on sunday and I also have a male lab. Welcome!

I want to work from home, so I can keep my babies company all day and then I might also be in a better position to get dog #3 :happydance:

I would also love to work from home! Then maybe I would actually be keen on working!

I wanted to try tracking, but the distance to travel each week and at such an early time is putting me off big time :)

Oh, comeone Rubystar, you can still sleep in on Sundays :cheer: We could always take the van and share petrol costs. I hate getting out of bed early on weekends too but it isn't a long season and I think it would be great exercise for the dogs and us. :p

Did some practice with Jenna tonight as we hadn't done any scent work for a while, started with a toy and then went through my food cupboard looking for something that might be good to use. Found some old infussion teabags which worked out great, that way I had one to give her the scent and one to hide and it was something she wasn't previously familiar with. She was a good girl and found it every time.

I wanted to try tracking, but the distance to travel each week and at such an early time is putting me off big time :p

Oh, comeone Rubystar, you can still sleep in on Sundays :cheer: We could always take the van and share petrol costs. I hate getting out of bed early on weekends too but it isn't a long season and I think it would be great exercise for the dogs and us. :rofl:

Did some practice with Jenna tonight as we hadn't done any scent work for a while, started with a toy and then went through my food cupboard looking for something that might be good to use. Found some old infussion teabags which worked out great, that way I had one to give her the scent and one to hide and it was something she wasn't previously familiar with. She was a good girl and found it every time.

:rofl:

How long is the season? And what is the start time? Sat mornings, eh? Sigh! Maybe :rofl: I'll come to the information session in Gosnells (if I don't forget! You may have to remind me!) and I'll decide then. If we travel together and share costs I guess that would make it a bit easier :rofl:

My biggest decision though will be, which dog?!?! Millie already gets the extra activity on top of obedience (agility), but it's actually Millie I had in mind for doing tracking before getting into agility with her. I like sticking with just obedience with Ruby, she's my obedience guinea pig :) and I like doing everything else with Millie. Decisions, decisions!!

I wanted to try tracking, but the distance to travel each week and at such an early time is putting me off big time :rofl:

Oh, comeone Rubystar, you can still sleep in on Sundays :cheer: We could always take the van and share petrol costs. I hate getting out of bed early on weekends too but it isn't a long season and I think it would be great exercise for the dogs and us. :rofl:

:rofl:

How long is the season? And what is the start time? Sat mornings, eh? Sigh! Maybe :D I'll come to the information session in Gosnells (if I don't forget! You may have to remind me!) and I'll decide then. If we travel together and share costs I guess that would make it a bit easier :rofl:

My biggest decision though will be, which dog?!?! Millie already gets the extra activity on top of obedience (agility), but it's actually Millie I had in mind for doing tracking before getting into agility with her. I like sticking with just obedience with Ruby, she's my obedience guinea pig :) and I like doing everything else with Millie. Decisions, decisions!!

Maybe we could use Giz as tracking bait!!! :p

Don't worry he'll be staying home, so why not see how Millie likes it. I think from memory its 8or 8.30 till 11 am on Saturdays at the pine forrest. Season runs I think mid April to Sept, best bet is to check out the link as they have the details on their website, I have a shocking memory. I might have to miss some sessions where it clashes with Agility especially the Nationals.

I know there were a few WAers interested in trying the tracking when it started up again and have just read that there is an intro day in Gosnells at the end of March, anyone going? I'm thinking of going along and finding out more about it.

Yup I am going to go, does anyone know the time its on and where exactly in Gosnells it is??

www.trackwest.com.au

Pre-season Tracking Workshop

Date: Saturday, 27th March 2010

Time: 0800am to 12noon

Venue: Lumen Christi College, Mills Road, West Martin

Enquiries: Sue Fletcher

Ph 08 93064772

E [email protected]

Carol Freele

E [email protected]

Refreshments: BYO

Equipment: Fixed collar, lead, food or favourite toy, water for

your dog.

This workshop for beginners is held prior to commencement of

tracking season (commencing Saturday, 10th April 2010).

Handlers will be instructed on how to train their dogs in this

fascinating and rewarding sport which utilizes the dog's natural ability.

Also membership fees if you want to join are:

$25 for single, $35 for family.

Membership year starts september to september.

Tracking season is April to September.

They have all equipment on display and you can purchase it through trackwest.

We just put out the word to a bunch of weimaraner people so we hope at least a few rock up to try it out.