Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

OMG how exciting Tiggy! Banjo won't be the baby anymore! :laugh: A future agility/obedidence stafford?

Any showing? :D

ETA You trying to catch up with Ptolomy? :eek:

Ptolomy had all her red kids out tonight (plus Lara) and I was sitting there wishing I had my phone on me to take a photo, it was this sea of red kids at her feet all waiting for the i-squeak to be thrown :eek:

The way Ruby runs around with her kids I think she is trying to blend in as a red kid :eek: Millie aka Nigel-no-friends was happy chasing her new Zap ball by herself :cry:

Can we have a ban on puppy photos please!?!? This is getting ridiculous! :laugh:

+1!!

Oh lordy I am so jealous, I am yearning puppies again!! After Sunday and being completely frustrated with my girls, I was thinking puppy no way, but puppy cluckiness is back :eek:

Tiggy, how are you going to cope with puppy's daytime meals and semi-confinement from your other dogs while you are at work? This is the thing I can't figure out if I get another pup. It was fine with Ruby, I was living at home then and had Mum and Dad working different hours meaning she was home by herself only a couple of hours during the day so I had someone to feed her while she was little. Now I live alone, and have 2 full grown Labs, I would have to contain puppy somewhere and have Dad come feed it during the day! It's all too hard :eek:

I don't mind central along Gt Eastern Hwy, but parking in Vic Park and Mt Lawley (and Burswood) is very hard. I'm open to driving anywhere, distance doesn't worry me, as long as we have definite parking :laugh:

I frequent Vic park a lot seeing as I practically live there and never have a problem getting a park, as long as I don't want one right outside the place we are eating :eek:

So anyway, this ban on puppy pics, when does it come into force?

paddyday5026.jpg

Look Mum, clean plate!

paddyday5028.jpg

Edited by Golden Rules

That Chatters place in Midland looks nice, gets my vote! :laugh: We'd be able to hear each other in there wouldn't we?

you book and they have three private booths so this could be an option only probl;em is they have a set menu if you book a private booth (which tends to happen witha big group) we had to argue to order what we wanted.

i am up for a christmas meet even if it the first time i get to meet everyone rofl :eek:

I frequent Vic park a lot seeing as I practically live there and never have a problem getting a park, as long as I don't want one right outside the place we are eating :eek:

I try up the side streets and have lousy luck! :eek:

If some of us around the K9 area want to car pool then I think parking would be easier wherever we choose.

:laugh: Effective immediately!! Unless I can get puppy cuddles :eek:

Edited by RubyStar

I don't mind central along Gt Eastern Hwy, but parking in Vic Park and Mt Lawley (and Burswood) is very hard. I'm open to driving anywhere, distance doesn't worry me, as long as we have definite parking :laugh:

paddyday5026.jpg

Look Mum, clean plate!

paddyday5028.jpg

Aww I think Paddy needs to come spend a night at his aunt Candi's house - he is lovely!!

Can we have a ban on puppy photos please!?!? This is getting ridiculous! :laugh:

+1!!

Oh lordy I am so jealous, I am yearning puppies again!! After Sunday and being completely frustrated with my girls, I was thinking puppy no way, but puppy cluckiness is back :eek:

Tiggy, how are you going to cope with puppy's daytime meals and semi-confinement from your other dogs while you are at work? This is the thing I can't figure out if I get another pup. It was fine with Ruby, I was living at home then and had Mum and Dad working different hours meaning she was home by herself only a couple of hours during the day so I had someone to feed her while she was little. Now I live alone, and have 2 full grown Labs, I would have to contain puppy somewhere and have Dad come feed it during the day! It's all too hard :eek:

Lots of people feed breakfast to the pup just before they leave for work and then another meal when they get home and another one just before they go to bed :eek:

there is always frasers in kings park lol little pricey but lovely meals and atmosphere over looking kings park

Kings Park is so pretty :laugh: I'm almost too scared to go and check the prices.... will I need to take out a second mortgage?

+1!!

Tiggy, how are you going to cope with puppy's daytime meals and semi-confinement from your other dogs while you are at work? This is the thing I can't figure out if I get another pup. It was fine with Ruby, I was living at home then and had Mum and Dad working different hours meaning she was home by herself only a couple of hours during the day so I had someone to feed her while she was little. Now I live alone, and have 2 full grown Labs, I would have to contain puppy somewhere and have Dad come feed it during the day! It's all too hard :D

Agreed!

I have pups set up in a puppy pen or small yard by themselves when I am at work until they are old enough to cope with the big kids :eek: Feeds are done early morning, just before I leave (biscuits put in for during the day) often with a kong set up, then as soon as I get back from work and a meal before bed. That is until I wean them onto 2 feeds a day which doesn't take long :eek: Seriously most pups cope ok with two meals a day :cry:

Lots of people feed breakfast to the pup just before they leave for work and then another meal when they get home and another one just before they go to bed :eek:

Ahh ok that could work. Though I worry about the meal so close to bed, that could get ugly! :laugh:

Ahh ok that could work. Though I worry about the meal so close to bed, that could get ugly! :laugh:

They go to the toilet soon after then sleep through the night digesting all that yummy food :cry:

Forgot to say Tiggy your new girl is lovely :eek: And how could you refuse Golden Retriever puppy eyes? :eek:

Yeah Mason would have gont to the loo even more than he already did if i had to feed him just before bedtime, personally I would one at say 5 o clock and then say an hour and a half before I went to bed. Mason used to puke in the mornings when his tummy was empty, I started feeding him 4 x a day as a pup to stop this. At his 5am pit stop I would give him a few bits of kibble to keep the tummy full. I still give him lunch if I am home - he gets a bone every second day, I like him to have the bone at lunch time when I can watch.

+1!!

Tiggy, how are you going to cope with puppy's daytime meals and semi-confinement from your other dogs while you are at work? This is the thing I can't figure out if I get another pup. It was fine with Ruby, I was living at home then and had Mum and Dad working different hours meaning she was home by herself only a couple of hours during the day so I had someone to feed her while she was little. Now I live alone, and have 2 full grown Labs, I would have to contain puppy somewhere and have Dad come feed it during the day! It's all too hard ;)

Agreed!

I have pups set up in a puppy pen or small yard by themselves when I am at work until they are old enough to cope with the big kids :D Feeds are done early morning, just before I leave (biscuits put in for during the day) often with a kong set up, then as soon as I get back from work and a meal before bed. That is until I wean them onto 2 feeds a day which doesn't take long :eek: Seriously most pups cope ok with two meals a day :p

I read all this info leading up to getting Ruby that you MUST feed pup 4 times a day. Then the breeder gave me a menu that only meant feeding breakfast, lunch and dinner, so naturally I went with this :cry: I weaned her to 2 meals a day at 6 months of age, and that is what my dogs continue to get now. They'd hate me if they only got fed once a day! :eek: They also get a kong when I leave in the morning.

I know I could cope with a pup, and it's only for a few months anyway being confined from the big kids until it's big enough (depending on size of breed I'd be getting of course). Something to think about :D

there is always frasers in kings park lol little pricey but lovely meals and atmosphere over looking kings park

We had a work lunch there last year and we all agreed it wasn't worth eating there again - we ended up booking The Witch's Caldron again this year (which is what they do every other year, they just decided to try Frasers)

Yep mine was in a puppy pen for a week or two and I came home at lunch to feed her, then she kept getting out so I just left her outside with Kyzer and hoped for the best :eek: Luckily she wasn't too much smaller than him!

Damn all these puppy pics, go awaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!! :laugh::eek:

Kings Park is so pretty :laugh: I'm almost too scared to go and check the prices.... will I need to take out a second mortgage?

nah no need for a second mortgage lol.

hubby and i go regularly get three courses each plus drinks and normally its just over $100 hubby normally goes the lobster too :eek: sorry crayfish we are aussies aren't we lol.

i am going on saturday for dinner well i told hubby he is taking me lol will wait and see :eek:

i want to try the witches cauldron but driving to subi turns me off