Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Yes, Ruby was.

So they don't seem afraid of dogs then.... Not that anyone would be afraid of Ruby she has a friendly face :) if its any consolation the cops probably will catch them and they will get punished.

I'm just going to have to suck it up and buy a new one, and kick myself forever for not being careful enough.

Edited by RubyStar

that sux RS - I know how awful it feels, like you've been violated... :( i'm sorry...

bloody pricks... cant work for it themselves they have to steal from others. :mad

boxagirl glad that bon took some food from you. reminds me of my first weim with immune issues she was sick on and off and one time near christmas she was so sick she couldn't eat... she took some ham... it was like the best christmas present ever, everyone was elated because she hadn't eaten in days....

Look after yourself and that girl of yours.

RS just to add if you arelooking at insurance you can add your phone to your contents insurance I think... not sure what it covers exactly but apparently the insurance is just as good and not so expensive as the cover you can purchase through the phone companies.

Guest RosieFT

That post made me think the very worst.

That really sucks RS, there are some selfish people in this world. Sorry to hear about your phone, one of hte reasons i am nervous about swapping to a plan - i have been on prepaid for years. The provider I was looking into did not offer insurance, they used to but 'not at this time' .

I usually put things in the boot if i have to leave them in the car, even a locked car, BUT in your hatches you don't have that option and you don't have the ability to carry stuff when you are running your dogs... hmmm.. do K9 have lockers you can use? Sorry just musing about the problem.

RS just to add if you arelooking at insurance you can add your phone to your contents insurance I think... not sure what it covers exactly but apparently the insurance is just as good and not so expensive as the cover you can purchase through the phone companies.

I pay $9,99 a month with virgin. I need to find out if iPad insured through home contents or not...

That post made me think the very worst.

That really sucks RS, there are some selfish people in this world. Sorry to hear about your phone, one of hte reasons i am nervous about swapping to a plan - i have been on prepaid for years. The provider I was looking into did not offer insurance, they used to but 'not at this time' .

I usually put things in the boot if i have to leave them in the car, even a locked car, BUT in your hatches you don't have that option and you don't have the ability to carry stuff when you are running your dogs... hmmm.. do K9 have lockers you can use? Sorry just musing about the problem.

Yup I was crying I thought one of the dogs had passed away!!!!

Edited by Mason_Gibbs

Don't panic guys, my precious girls are fine which is the most important thing xx

My BRAND NEW 1 week old iphone was stolen out of my car by a couple of LOW LIFE SCUMS that don't deserve to be breathing.

Lucky me. I have a 2 year contract of paying off a phone I don't have and can't use. None of my insurance policies will cover my phone, and I have to find me $800 to buy me a new phone because I am not going to let these bastards make me settle for continuing to use my piece of crap phone. I very rarely buy myself nice new things, money always gets spent on the dogs (treatments, medications, training gear, toys, etc etc) and the minute I decide to spoil myself for once (because who else is going to spoil me?) these bastards come along and take it from me :cry: :cry:

when did this happen RS ? so sorry but at training all the time we tell people to lock their cars, to park under or near lights etc. A few months ago they were removing whole windows. At Tuesday training one night they had a field daythere were dogs in cars and still stuff stolen. Sorry but really we all know abouth the rotten thieving and know heaps of people who have been robbed. We really really need to lock our cars and park under the lights. I saw a car on Tuesday with "all valuables have been removed from my car" I think that is a great idea. My biggest fear is something will happen to a dog, or a puppy stolen. I have sleepless nights about it.

Sorry about your phone ..was it insured ?

Don't panic guys, my precious girls are fine which is the most important thing xx

My BRAND NEW 1 week old iphone was stolen out of my car by a couple of LOW LIFE SCUMS that don't deserve to be breathing.

Lucky me. I have a 2 year contract of paying off a phone I don't have and can't use. None of my insurance policies will cover my phone, and I have to find me $800 to buy me a new phone because I am not going to let these bastards make me settle for continuing to use my piece of crap phone. I very rarely buy myself nice new things, money always gets spent on the dogs (treatments, medications, training gear, toys, etc etc) and the minute I decide to spoil myself for once (because who else is going to spoil me?) these bastards come along and take it from me :cry: :cry:

when did this happen RS ? so sorry but at training all the time we tell people to lock their cars, to park under or near lights etc. A few months ago they were removing whole windows. At Tuesday training one night they had a field daythere were dogs in cars and still stuff stolen. Sorry but really we all know abouth the rotten thieving and know heaps of people who have been robbed. We really really need to lock our cars and park under the lights. I saw a car on Tuesday with "all valuables have been removed from my car" I think that is a great idea. My biggest fear is something will happen to a dog, or a puppy stolen. I have sleepless nights about it.

No not insured. I think we need to get a guard at night at k9 ... It's just a matter of time before someone he's held up etc for their valuables. It's going to cost but I think it's necessary. My biggest fear is also my dogs getting taken but I always have hubby with me and never leave the dogs unattended, but for people who go down alone it's not an option

Thanks ST.

Once I figure out what I am doing phone replacement wise, I am going to contact my home&contents insurance mob and add my phone to it. When I took the policy out, I had nothing worth covering like this (except my laptop, but it's a few years old and ready for an upgrade anyway so not worth covering).

Yes Rusky I only have myself to blame. I usually do lock my car, and for some reason, tonight was the night when I let my guard down and for some reason just didn't lock it, more fool me. Looks like I got what I deserved! I even warned my mum about not taking valuables down to K9 when she was about to head out the door with her handbag to head to training. It's just one of those things that happens and the thieves must've had a sixth sense about this being the time my car not being locked, and knowing my 1 week old pretty phone was in there all alone :( I know I have myself to blame but it doesn't make it feel less shitty.

I'm off to the Virgin Mobile store shortly to sort out a new sim. I feel so naked without a phone on me! It's like I'm missing a limb!

Yes Rusky I only have myself to blame. I usually do lock my car, and for some reason, tonight was the night when I let my guard down and for some reason just didn't lock it, more fool me. Looks like I got what I deserved! I even warned my mum about not taking valuables down to K9 when she was about to head out the door with her handbag to head to training. It's just one of those things that happens and the thieves must've had a sixth sense about this being the time my car not being locked, and knowing my 1 week old pretty phone was in there all alone :( I know I have myself to blame but it doesn't make it feel less shitty.

I'm off to the Virgin Mobile store shortly to sort out a new sim. I feel so naked without a phone on me! It's like I'm missing a limb!

so was this at the judges exam last night ?

K9 won't get security I don't think.. maybe they would if all members pitched in for some.

We have a few more car park lights now and Bevan usually closes the Warton road end gate in the evening which means that cars have to come from the Ranford end.

The ones we chased sped off to the warton road gate with lights off after pickings at spitz training. They had come down to steal from us but we spotted them. If we see anyone we don't know we really all need to ask who they are.People who are members won't care and will understand.

I am wondering if maybe security cameras might be of some advantage. The problem has escalated since all the development started. I am not suggesting it is the people who live there just that they went for pickings from the new development and discovered CAWA...rich pickings, unlocked cars, people busy with their dogs etc.

No one is going to get held up - they are opportunists preying on unwatched cars and the bar.

Thats how it starts but if they want someone 's car next they can easily start carjacking people etc. happened at a sports club where I belonged, first it was just petty theft like stuff being taken from cars, equipment etc and then they started actually carjacking people. Not saying it will happen for sure but if we all just sit back and do nothing they will get braver. Just saying we all need to be prepared and that way if we are vigilant and k9 do something then we will be one up on these criminals!!

At our shopping centre this week a ladies bag was snatched from over the toilet door. She reported it etc and the next day got a call from what she thought was the cops, asking her to come down to the station, while she was there ( and the cops were telling her no they never called her) the criminals were in her house taking her stuff!! Criminals get pretty brave near the festive season, happens every year

That's awful Rubystar. I was there last night and I have to admit the fact that there might have been lowlife, thieving scum walking around didn't even cross my mind! I have always felt completely safe at the CAWA, despite the fact that I know thefts have occurred there in the past. I'm glad a numberplate was taken. Wish I'd noticed something, but I was too busy trying to stop a certain little curly-haired ratbag from wanting to drink constantly from the water fountain and then splashing in it until she was literally dripping wet with ice-cold water...

Boxagirl, I am glad to hear Bondi is improving :) Hopefully her appetite will pick up as well now :thumbsup:

RS, that is hard luck about your phone :( There are some real low lifes in this world!

On a good note, Arlo is now Ch Arlo :D Or Champion Mirawee Powers That Be :thumbsup: He got his last points needed for his title today and was shortlisted for Group :) Lauren's other Lappy puppy Anikka also won Baby Puppy in Group making it two from two shows :) And Mr Taavi was a very good boy and remembered that he is meant to trot in the ring not impersonate a kangaroo :rofl: I love showing other people's pups but really wish I have my own again soon! Banjo and Varda were good children but would much prefer to be doing other things than showing now :laugh: